KZ650 cafe-racer 01 Mar 2022 07:46 #863036

• Stereordinary
  • User
  • Thank you received: 131
Slava Ukraini!
A breeze from the west.
‘90 ZR550 Zephyr (x2)
The following user(s) said Thank You: gazzz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ650 cafe-racer 01 Mar 2022 11:54 #863044

• kzstreetfighter71
  • User
  • Atlantic West Coast
  • Thank you received: 250
No words can express how proud and brave a people ye are, iv been watching every day to see how you and your countries people are coping with this mans hunger and greed for land and how much the world is offering emotional support but little else. I hope Germanys message and support will help, between the fight in your countries heart and determination of its people to push back at this dictator all hopes the tide will turn in your favour. Im the grandson of man who took up arms in Ireland many years ago for our own freedom and i have heard the stories of normal people becoming heroes when their lives depend on it. Stay safe and everyone on here wishes the best for you. 

06 Gsf 1200 bandit, 08 Triumph tiger 1010
05 Yam xv1700 , 02 Hon shadow 1100
1975 Z1 (currently working on)
1977 Z1000 ( running and in storage)
1978 Z1000 (currently working on)
1978 Z1r "skinny tank" (currently working on)
1978 Z1r "fat tank (gathering parts)
1979 z1000st (currently working on)

KZ650 cafe-racer 01 Mar 2022 12:41 #863046

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1892
Great kind of words Angus, Not only Germany, all other free countrys of our world have to support the fight against this megalomaniac Putin.
I am scared that Putins propaganda will poison the thoughts of the russian people that a new NAZI GERMANY will come......
The following user(s) said Thank You: kzstreetfighter71, Nessism, Street Fighter LTD, gazzz

KZ650 cafe-racer 02 Mar 2022 12:21 #863079

• gazzz
  • gazzz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 313
Thank you for supporting Ukraine!
Kawasaki KZ650 cafe-racer: in progress

Kawasaki Zephyr 750 (810ccm, 4in4, spoked wheels)
Honda CB815 "Eight Fifteen" cafe-racer
Yamaha XJ "Eight Ball" cafe-racer

www.gazzz-garage.com

Last edit: by gazzz.

KZ650 cafe-racer 07 Mar 2022 08:48 #863303

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178
Gazzz,  I am so sorry for you, your family and your country.  Also, sorry for not participating so much in your thread in last few months.  Only excuse is self involvement with my own projects and life.  You are a talented man and have real passion.  I have been thinking of you every day - wondering how you are doing since every man 18-60 is now expected to fight.  I hope you and your fellow Ukranians can protect & save what remains.  I am ashamed we & Europe are not doing more to help your country.  It is like watching a bully pick on and beat up one of the regular kids at the school playground and none of the other kids step up to help.  If only we would call the bully's bluff and get him to back down.  Better yet, you have already bloodied the bully's nose now the rest of us jump in and put him back in his place.  His veiled threats of nukes has everyone intimidated.  Maybe he is insane enough to use them but something tells me, he is more afraid than he is brave.  Most bullies are.  

God bless and protect you as well as your brothers & sisters.  
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

KZ650 cafe-racer 07 Mar 2022 20:43 #863357

• Kidkawie
  • User
  • I bleed premix
  • Thank you received: 245
We've (Georgians) all been praying for you.  Anxiety is ramping up here.  I hope someone puts a 7.62x39 in Putins head real soon. 
1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125
The following user(s) said Thank You: 750 R1, gazzz

KZ650 cafe-racer 08 Mar 2022 10:51 #863387

• gazzz
  • gazzz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 313
Thank you pals!

My wife, son and my partner in Gazzz Garage Oksana made it to the safe harbor in Germany. Today  they arrived at Halle (Saale) north west of Leipzig.  Parting was heartbreaking. I wish no one would have such an experience. Evacuation was also hard and tiresome:  they spent  12 hours in the evacuation train to Lviv (and there they were joined by my son's best friend and his mother), then another 16 hours on the bus to Warsaw (Poland). There they were met by my  friend and were transported by the car for yet 800 km to Halle. My family and Oksana had to leave homes with little processions, but seeing whole families losing their lives  one starts to look at things from a completely different angle. 

The bright side:  knowing they are in a safe place, today I am for the first time as light hearted as before war started.

As for me. I will not leave Ukraine even if I could, because if I do, I will never be able to look my people in the eyes.  To make situation clear:

My older brother is already fighting Russians. His daughter (adult) lives in Chernihiv which is at the moment besieged by Russians and is under constant shelling. My mother lives some 230 km northwestward from Kyiv on the  territories which are not under  Russian forces control but they lurk there  constantly. My mother and my stepfather keep a food shop (we built it on our own from the basement to the first store and roof) so they are keeping food supplies coming whenever it's possible.

Keeping my people safe and sound in times of war was a new experience for me. And again, I wish no one would have such an experience. Psychological tension was very high, especially in the first days of war.  Now, with my hands free I have to do what I can to serve my country and nation in these dark times.  I already did (and do) some things, like helping local old people and attacking Russian propaganda machine websites with whatever computing resources I have,  but  that isn't  enough.

We here have too many people that volunteered  to the army and territorial defense forces.  So many people, that priority was set for people that already have at least some military training or speciality. Here is a fresh joke from the recruiting service:  "Look at them: no one wanted to serve a term in the army, but now all want to fight." I have no military training and have never been in the army. But it may happen that we all here will have a chance to fight. If it happens, at least I not only know how to use the gun, but have one.
Kawasaki KZ650 cafe-racer: in progress

Kawasaki Zephyr 750 (810ccm, 4in4, spoked wheels)
Honda CB815 "Eight Fifteen" cafe-racer
Yamaha XJ "Eight Ball" cafe-racer

www.gazzz-garage.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forrest

Last edit: by gazzz.

KZ650 cafe-racer 08 Mar 2022 11:12 #863389

• Moose1800
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 255
While I don't know you my heart goes out to you and your family! The world is definitely changing and going in the wrong direction.

KZ650 cafe-racer 08 Mar 2022 13:26 #863396

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1755
Gaza it is a great thing that you are doing, just don’t take any crazy risks. Your family will need you when this madness is over. The world sees you are a proud and determined people 

KZ650 cafe-racer 08 Mar 2022 18:54 #863429

• Buzz Nichols
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 105
While the plight of the Ukrainian people has inspired the sympathy of the free world, the profound fierce courage of the Ukranian people has inspired our admiration.
Is this thing working? Is this thing on?

1978 KZ1000 LTD

KZ650 cafe-racer 08 Mar 2022 19:36 #863432

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1849

While the plight of the Ukrainian people has inspired the sympathy of the free world, the profound fierce courage of the Ukranian people has inspired our admiration.
Well said!

Gazzz, please keep the updates coming as you can, it lets us know your know your still in the game. Good to hear your family is safe. Watch your back and stay safe!
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gazzz, Skidmark

KZ650 cafe-racer 08 Mar 2022 21:43 #863436

• Skidmark
  • User
  • Thank you received: 257
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Gazzz!  Be well and be safe!
Retired gearhead
'81 KZ-750 E2
'87 Suzuki Savage 650 Street Tracker