Z1R Custom

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
05 Apr 2012 22:56 #514284 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Z1R Custom
Les
I just took the time to read about the whole project to date and I must say BRAVO !!!!!!
I look forward to seeing this bike finished and will come pray at your custom fabricated alter .
When you have time and I have the coin I will be wanting one of your swingarms to install on my Turbo LTD.
Im glad to be a new member of this bunch of Motorcycle Maniacs refered to as KZR
Will be watching closely
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2012 23:11 #514288 by les holt
Replied by les holt on topic Z1R Custom
Thank you Street Fighter! This bike holds my heart as bikes go but I have taken a step back from it due to the new home purchase. I walk by it everyday and roll it outside every so often and it gets my blood going. I bought the other bike to resell but with the relay coming up we decided to do it up. I have another almost complete turbo setup and it was painful not putting it on the 77 LTD I just finished.
I love the fact you were turbo before turbo was cool. I got hooked back in the early 80's running around with 4 other guys that had Z1R turbos while I was playing with nitrous and still getting my tail handed to me.
When your ready to do your thing I'll be more than happy to help.

Les

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
05 Apr 2012 23:34 #514292 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Z1R Custom
Thanks Les
My Best friends and I were running turbos in Funny Bike and Top Fuel from the late 70s till the mid to late 80s. We had 2 dragbikes, Both Kosman frames . One with a 8 inch slick and the other with a 12 inch slick.
We had 9 National Records running around the country. The team was 3 friends with the passion to go fast and we each had a street bike with all the turbo tricks we learned on the strip. The owner had a KZ 900, My LTD and my friend Ted with the Z1R.
I dont know if you have already ,or are considering strechting the seat to help keep the tail section back where it belongs in relation to the back tire . My friend did so on his Z1R and it looked right over the 6 to 8 inch longer swingarm and allowed him to move around on the seat for a good launch. He added length to the seat pan and had it redone with a nice high back to it so he knew he wouldnt slid back beyond his ideal seating position. Just sharing some ideas from my past.
Keep up the faith, Im getting ready to build a pole barn and do some remodeling here in Michigan so I know how schedules can be forced to bend to keep peace LOL

later Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn