Picked up a 1982 kz750 .

More
30 Mar 2011 15:07 - 12 Feb 2013 12:06 #441449 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic -
-
Last edit: 12 Feb 2013 12:06 by martin_csr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MuzzleMike
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Rice Only
More
30 Mar 2011 15:57 #441452 by MuzzleMike
Replied by MuzzleMike on topic Picked up a 1982 kz750 .
I got mine when I live just north of DC . There was a small Auto parts store that got it for me sorry I can not help any more than that .

82 KZ750 LTD H3

• MuzzleMike
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Rice Only
More
02 Apr 2011 17:08 - 02 Apr 2011 20:46 #442196 by MuzzleMike
After the big mistake with the gold paint I had to fix my tank so I decided to do a repair on just the top and have lines on the top edge of the side . It worked out well but left a nasty line . I fixed that with a cover up . I put a pin stripe going along the top side of the tank and followed it with the stripe along the top of the side covers . The pin stripe is skull and cross bones in silver . Looks good for a $.89 cover up . I also picked up a small paint repair bottle for quick repairs . I will be get pic.s soon . Here is a short video for all of you .

Mike

82 KZ750 LTD H3
Last edit: 02 Apr 2011 20:46 by MuzzleMike.

• MuzzleMike
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Rice Only
More
08 Apr 2011 23:20 #443521 by MuzzleMike
I do not know if anyone is still following this but here is an update .
Today is 4/8/11 . I got all but one peace painted and that peace is a cover for one of my gauges . I installed the tank and side covers yesterday and today I got my front brake pads in and only paid like $13.00 for them . Here is some picks of her so far .

I had a little trouble getting it started but after I set the idle screw and found out the #4 plug was bad . It was new but it is bad so I grabbed an old one that was in it and she started right up . I figured I will keep this going until it is legal and on the road . It needs a tire for the front and it has 2 oil leaks that I will fix and the air cleaner cover and filter . It is coming close . I forgot When it started and I gave it some gas there was no popping . I wonder if the spark plug being bad did that . It was not that the plug was DOA but it was week .

Mike

82 KZ750 LTD H3

• MuzzleMike
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Rice Only
More
29 Apr 2011 01:07 #447659 by MuzzleMike
Well I little update . I took the old Kz off of its center stand for the first time since November . Got her started up and took her down to the corner of my block and back . She ran nice ! BUT When I Parked her in my garage the little oil leak that I think is coming from the seal around the shifter rod became a gusher . What a mess . From what I see I should be able to use a wire with a hook and get the seal pulled out and slip a new one on . If any one has any info on this please help . I am not look forward to taking the trans cover off if I do not have to . I did make an air cleaner cover and the filter and it works like a charm . I know no pics . I will work on getting you all some .

Mike

82 KZ750 LTD H3

• MuzzleMike
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Rice Only
More
07 May 2011 16:17 #449446 by MuzzleMike
She is ready for inspection and I am calling the project Done . She need a lot of cleaning but unless I wont to add some thing or she need some up keep . She is done . I even pulled a small burn out with no problems . Here are some pics I took with my new cell phone .

[IMG

I will be take a lot more pics after I get her all clean and shiny .

Thanks everyone that helped .

Mike

82 KZ750 LTD H3

More
10 May 2011 00:20 #449982 by Bad Kaw
Replied by Bad Kaw on topic Picked up a 1982 kz750 .
Cool.

78 Kawasaki Z1R
81 Kawasaki KZ1000J (mods)
82 Kawasaki ELR Clone (1000 J)
82 Kawasaki KZ750R1/GPz750 ELR-ed
70 Kawasaki KV75
83 Honda CB1100F (few mods)
79 Suzuki GS1000 (rolling frame / project / junk)
84 Suzuki GS1150ES (modified project)
83 Yamaha XJ900R (project / junk)

• MuzzleMike
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Rice Only
More
10 May 2011 15:02 #450122 by MuzzleMike
I was out in the Garage starting to clean up the old KZ750 . With the weather being so nice just itching to take it out for a ride . Well she does not have any plates and not inspected yet . That will happen next month . Well I thought I have had it out once and rode her for 30 or 40 yards . What a teaser ! I took her around the block so I can make shore she shifted of and the speedo worked ok . Luck is on my side it ran like a champ . She shifted well and everything but the fuel light works . It works when it wants to . It has a bad sending unit . I can not wait to have her legal . It was SO tempting to just take her for a good ride . My winter project paid off . I spent $426.13 on this bike all together . I think it would be hard to find a bike this nice for that price and I have a lot of my self in it since I did so much work on it . Yes I can call it a GOOD DAY .

Mike

82 KZ750 LTD H3

• MuzzleMike
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Rice Only
More
12 May 2011 21:56 #450557 by MuzzleMike
Here is some pics of my KZ750 all shined up and enjoying the sun .

Mike

82 KZ750 LTD H3

• MuzzleMike
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Rice Only
More
27 Jun 2011 01:07 #459592 by MuzzleMike
I have not posted on this thread for a long time . I have an up date . It has been 2 weeks and just over 60 miles of trouble free riding . The only hang up is the CHEEP WALMART battery . I will up grade when finances let me but for now I have to keep an eye on the temps . If it gets in the 50's it does not have the power to get her started but other than that she pulls me around real nice . I did check the plug gaps last Friday . I was out shinning her up and remembered that I did not check them out of the box . Boy did it make a difference . I have been doing a lot of short runs to the store with her and decided I need a trunk so I grabbed a plastic crate that I had in my garage and strapped it on for now . Hay what ever works . I had my first night ride Saturday night and it was so nice . I am planning on heading down to Butler next month . I did go up to Greenvile 2 weeks ago and she rode nice and I thing she is ready to go farther . One thing did come up is she has a small oil leak around the tac. cable on the motor . It is damp and I do get a small smell of oil when I stop . It is not dropping much on the oil level but I will have to get it fixed some day .

Mike

82 KZ750 LTD H3

• MuzzleMike
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Rice Only
More
27 Jun 2011 14:03 - 27 Jun 2011 15:01 #459697 by MuzzleMike
I have to show her off !! Here she is at Burger King . Aint she CUTE !!

Mike

82 KZ750 LTD H3
Last edit: 27 Jun 2011 15:01 by MuzzleMike.

More
27 Jun 2011 20:39 #459805 by Marneman
Replied by Marneman on topic Picked up a 1982 kz750 .
Hey Mike, the wife is going to wonder why you failed to bring her a Whopper since you have a trunk now. No excuses :laugh:

Love the bike man...

77 KZ1000-A1 "Bushido" Project
82 KZ1000 LTD "Terri Lee"

You know what, I don't have a one to some other number of douche-bag scale. So.. Six!