A Newbies Adventures in Maintenanceland!

• 9am53
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • homebrew, and some bbq
More
11 Oct 2010 15:06 #406022 by 9am53
Replied by 9am53 on topic A Newbies Adventures in Maintenanceland!
ok, I finally got around to checking the timing as described using the advance feature on the gun, and all is well. I am glad I did it though, thanks guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 9am53
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • homebrew, and some bbq
More
14 Oct 2010 16:00 - 14 Oct 2010 16:04 #406654 by 9am53
Replied by 9am53 on topic A Newbies Adventures in Maintenanceland!
Wow, I just realized that this is a year old!

anyways, last year on the day of my first ride I realized that drag bars and gas tanks don't mix. I figured since I am repainting, why not take the bike in a different direction...so I decided to do something like Otto and make my cruiser more of a bruiser. I was so happy with the Duplicolour last year that I decided to use it again.

I am OMR's Duplicolour progeny!

I got some J sidecovers, tail, and an ELR seat. I am also getting an ELR/GPz tank and will be painting the bike in "smoke" which is like candy black metallic, and will give it purple and green KZ1000R2 style stripes.

Here is my tail in sanding/prep mode:

Here is my sidecover after 3 medium coats:

I have noticed that my camera makes things look funny, the pic makes it look grey, but it is in fact much darker...come to think of it my camera washes out the colour that is on my bike now and makes it look teal when it's actually a nice dark green, whatever.

So yeah, back at it again. I will post up more pics of the painting and whatnot as it goes on, I can only paint when the wife it not home after all! :laugh:

OH yeah, one more thing. I have been trying to take apart the GPZ forks so I can blast and repaint/rebuild them. They are different than the forks in my kz1000 manual, I havent gotten a GPz manual yet, and I have never taken fork apart before. SO, I have taken all of the anti-dive doodads off, but can't seem to get the fork apart. I removed the dust seal, and the little clip. I loosened the allen bolt at the bottom of the fork, but even with compressed air can't pop the tube out of the bottom part of the fork. DO I need to remove this plug type thing at the top to disassemble the fork?

thanks!
Last edit: 14 Oct 2010 16:04 by 9am53.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.