Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 15 Apr 2015 16:15 #668107

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Valve clearances don't suddenly change. They go out gradually, and troubles first appear when the engine is very hot. I doubt the clearances are what is preventing the start. You will be asking for more problems if you just start tearing into the motor. Concentrate on the simple things first. Why dig a bigger hole?

There are like three different full manuals available for free in my signature. If you are in a desperate hurry, you should put the bike aside and get another means of transportation. Rushing a bike rehab only ends poorly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by loudhvx.

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 15 Apr 2015 19:47 #668135

• Gjason89
  • Gjason89's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a manual I've gotten it from you're signature I've been reading if looking at since I first got if. The only reason I'm upset us because I've done everything I've been told to do I've replaced parts that were all missing. I've cleaned carbs REALLY good it's got fuel it's got spark timing I'm more than positive that it's on right. And only reason I'm in a rush just to get it running is because I simply need to get around again and start looking for another job or try getting back to my old one since I did lose it because my last bike was stolen and wrecked so I couldn't show up.

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 15 Apr 2015 19:53 #668136

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2627
You say the carbs are cleaned real good. Did you focus on the pilots? They can be so small, it's hard to see through them. Pics can help too.
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gjason89

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 15 Apr 2015 20:28 #668143

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
I see you have the manual. I assumed you did not have it when I saw your posting that said "I'm going to head to the store and buy the measuring tool so I can try and adjust the valves and hope for a running engine ! If some one can guide threw what and how it is to be done I'd highly appreciate it "

The Kawasaki Service Manual gives very detailed instructions on how to check and adjust the valves; much more detailed than anyone is likely to write out on this forum. :cheer: Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Last edit: by 650ed.

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 15 Apr 2015 20:51 #668145

• Gjason89
  • User
Yes the pilot ones they are extremely small and for a whole I was there cleaning them over and over again thinking the whole was to small and that it might of still been clogged but eventually I realized that's the size . And yes I do got the manual from the signature and have read up on the valve adjustments . But I'm being told that even if they were wrong it would still fire and so every thing else checks out so I have no idea of what to do next.

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 15 Apr 2015 20:59 #668146

• Randombeat
  • User
  • 0 to 100 real quick...
  • Thank you received: 23
I went back to your first post, in hopes to help you. Is it possible (no offense) that some of the wiring required form the bike to run, was missed in your custom bare bones wire harness?
1980 KZ750H LTD-- pods-- vance & hines 4-1 --speedo/tach/blinker/switch deletes -- brat style

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 15 Apr 2015 21:05 #668148

• Gjason89
  • User
Ok that CAN be possible and would Iike to think that maybe there is this is what I have at the moment no wiring for the front light but brake light running light works both brake switches and your basic wiring needed. Here's a picture of it made identical except a key lock I have a simple on off switch with starter button and it all seems right
Attachments:

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 15 Apr 2015 21:24 #668149

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Switch the coil leads from the igniter or the spark plug leads.
Steve

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 15 Apr 2015 21:30 #668150

• Gjason89
  • User
already I've been told and have also done that but have gotten no luck :/

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 16 Apr 2015 05:23 #668167

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I'd like to see pics of the advancer, coils plugs etc. Maybe we can spot something you're missing.
Steve

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 16 Apr 2015 05:56 #668173

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 277
You sure you have the right igniter. Is it a good one ? Should start even if the carbs are still gummed up. That backfiring makes me think its ignition or timing.
Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

Last edit: by riturbo.

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 16 Apr 2015 06:12 #668176

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Away
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972
Looks like some of our 550 seasoned veterans have stepped up to help you. I asked you at the beginning of this thread where you live as maybe someone lives close enough to put a fresh set of eyes on the bike and will spot the problem. I cant add much as my expertise is in 1000 turbos, 750 H2 two stokes and race bikes. BUt if you live in southern Michigan I would come by and look over the basics all these bikes share. Not ignoring your PM, Just see a lot more good folk who own and work on 550s are all over this.
Dave B) B) B)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn