Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 22 Apr 2015 10:17 #669145

• chconger
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
I think:

The old battery was "spilling acid" and he always had to recharge it. So that was the first thing he tried.

Then he pulled the starter from another "crashed" bike and found it spun OK,

It was probably a different type of bike, So he ordered a starter that will fit this bike.

I find it challenging to comprehend the posts, as basic punctuation is just not there; You have to guess where one thought ends and another one begins.

Hats off to you Steve

Chris
1977 KZ 1000-A
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by chconger.

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 22 Apr 2015 11:32 #669160

• Grnole
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
this is my new favorite thread... on the edge of my seat to see where it goes...
1980 KZ1000 LTD -B4
1984 Yamaha FJ1100
1972 Honda CL350 (sold)

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 22 Apr 2015 13:20 #669167

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2627
:woohoo:

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 22 Apr 2015 19:42 #669214

• ezrider714
  • User
  • Thank you received: 38
This is not someone that should be working on a motorcycle, whatever the issue is :dry:
78 KZ650SR Mine since 79
4-1 Mac Jet Hot coated since mid 80's
Dyna Coils
Saddlebags (I ain't skeered of going nowhere) :)

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 22 Apr 2015 20:10 #669223

• Gjason89
  • Gjason89's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
We're is everyone trying to get at. If I don't know jack shit about motorcycles we'll so be it. That is why I came along to this site to seek help! Simply that not for smart responses don't y'all have motorcycles to ride since y'all know how to fix every bit of one.??? Because if I did I know I'd be out there actually riding one had it not been stolen!! Or would of finally had enough money by going to work, so I can finally go to school and learn a thing or to about them!! But something's just don't go as planned . Anyways special thanks to you steve for the help you have given . I appreciate it. And FYI the starter did fit and work just fine to turn it on only reason I ordered original is so I can bolt the cover on!! And battery so what?!!! It's replaced now isn't it!!

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 22 Apr 2015 21:17 #669226

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Chill. Please try to compose your sentences better. It's hard to understand what you are trying to say.
Tomorrow is another day.
Steve

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 23 Apr 2015 06:28 #669253

• apbling
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
What Steve said. We are trying to help you. This site is amazing and ppl here are always willing to help. Its very difficult to follow your posts, but we are trying. Not sure if you are using a tablet to post or something, but the punctuation and spelling makes it difficult. However, if you start to get personal or combative with people, I am guessing you won't receive much help.

We were confused about the battery because if you read your posts, it appeared your battery was weak. Then it looked like you took a starter from a different bike and deemed it good, and so you ordered a new one for the 550, but never mentioned your battery situation. It's just confusing to the rest of us trying to help.

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 23 Apr 2015 06:35 #669258

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
B)

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 23 Apr 2015 17:59 #669342

• chconger
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14

Gjason89 wrote: We're is everyone trying to get at. If I don't know jack shit about motorcycles we'll so be it. That is why I came along to this site to seek help! Simply that not for smart responses don't y'all have motorcycles to ride since y'all know how to fix every bit of one.??? Because if I did I know I'd be out there actually riding one had it not been stolen!! Or would of finally had enough money by going to work, so I can finally go to school and learn a thing or to about them!! But something's just don't go as planned . Anyways special thanks to you steve for the help you have given . I appreciate it. And FYI the starter did fit and work just fine to turn it on only reason I ordered original is so I can bolt the cover on!! And battery so what?!!! It's replaced now isn't it!!

Hi Gjason

That was really clear and easy to understand.

I was rude for talking about you as if you were not in the room. I apologize for that.

If you can keep up the style as above, when you explain the bike issues, you are going to get riding faster. High quality assistance is here for you.

Cheers
Chris
1977 KZ 1000-A

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 23 Apr 2015 20:58 #669368

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
  • Thank you received: 248

ezrider714 wrote: This is not someone that should be working on a motorcycle, whatever the issue is :dry:

We all had to start somewhere.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 23 Apr 2015 21:13 #669370

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Nailed it. :laugh:

PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 25 Apr 2015 15:43 #669539

• Gjason89
  • Gjason89's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Today I have come to a oil change, filter change and check if any gaskets are needed. Here's what I have come down to I have been having a very slow dripping oil leak since I got the bike. I have cleaned all the gunk and oil. I believe the oil leak is coming from the "shaft" were the gear changing lever mounts to. Since it is the highest park were the oil is wet. It is a bit wiggly and I can squeeze oil out when I wiggle if around. What is this "o ring" or gasket called so I can look into ordering that along with the valve cover gasket since it to leaks from there.
Mean while waiting for those parts I'll plan on adjusting my floats since they leak on 3 and 4.