Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 21 Jul 2014 09:48 #640798

• Forrest
  • Forrest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178

peter1958 wrote: I will not be going. Bike is not done and buying another is crazy. Need to fix this one.

:( PM received and reply sent.
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 21 Jul 2014 09:52 #640800

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

Motor Head wrote: The Rally is getting Real close now people.
I say we get a head count of who plans on going. Post here in the rally thread if your going to make it, and where your traveling from. Maybe some riding groups can form up?
Two of us are riding from Bend Oregon through Idaho, to Wyoming, down into Colorado.
goo.gl/maps/wZ6bP

Yes, let's post up.... The Few, The Proud, The What Are We, Crazy?!" :woohoo: :laugh:
I am in.
Daryl, you can't go wrong on your ride to The Rally. B)

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 21 Jul 2014 10:27 #640805

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
It doesn't look good for me making it. I will be in the middle of a bunch of construction projects on the new house. Then have to get the old house ready to sell or rent out. :(

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 21 Jul 2014 10:52 #640808

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

loudhvx wrote: It doesn't look good for me making it. I will be in the middle of a bunch of construction projects on the new house. Then have to get the old house ready to sell or rent out. :(

Sometimes life gets in the way of living life. :pinch:

BTW, does this mean your whole West Coast, Northwest Trip is cancelled?

Let's ride locally soon. When you can get a break give me a call and Sax might come out as well. Got some fun roads out my way, away from the city.

Last edit: by Forrest.

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 21 Jul 2014 12:51 #640821

• peter1958
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 198
I might make it if the stars line up in order. Parts coming still a little time. I just cant keep buying bikes. Need to run one tag at a time. I used to run three and insurance gets nuts. A zrx isnt something i want to sit on for days after talking to other riders. So id rather be sore on an elr and aleve is my friend. im old work construction ten a day plus drive time and hell this 320z capt and coke make my back think i can do it. What sucks is a guy i know runs a tour from here and is 100 miles away from where we are headed could have sent the bike with him and flown in. just the rides there and ride home would be 2k. might be 5 if i get there

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 21 Jul 2014 12:53 #640822

• peter1958
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 198
Do not drink 32 oz Capt coke and post. ok I wont

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 21 Jul 2014 13:00 #640824

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52
Bad news. Due to health problems, I wont make it to the rally. :( I was really looking forward to it too. My reservation for a campsite is still pending. If anybody wants it I'll leave it open for a few more days before I cancel.

More bad news. Due to an anemic response to the NARR patches I'm dropping that project. There was only about a dozen replies and that wouldn't be economically feasible. If someone wants to pick it up, email me and I'll send the info I have. Have fun, everybody, and post lots of pictures.
Tom
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 21 Jul 2014 13:53 #640846

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

peter1958 wrote: Do not drink 32 oz Capt coke and post. ok I wont

:huh: :laugh: Will keep that in mind Peter. Hope you can still make it. AND, my offer stands!

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 21 Jul 2014 13:57 #640848

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

TomW wrote: Bad news. Due to health problems, I wont make it to the rally. :( I was really looking forward to it too. My reservation for a campsite is still pending. If anybody wants it I'll leave it open for a few more days before I cancel.

More bad news. Due to an anemic response to the NARR patches I'm dropping that project. There was only about a dozen replies and that wouldn't be economically feasible. If someone wants to pick it up, email me and I'll send the info I have. Have fun, everybody, and post lots of pictures.
Tom
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Tough News Tom. :( Sorry you are not 100%. I suggest contacting Ute Bluff Lodge if no takers on the campsite. I would hate to see you lose your deposit. Keep in touch, I am in your neck of the woods now and then. I can stop by for a visit to cheer you up! :silly:
As far as the NARR Patches, what is the minimum order? I will take like a dozen myself if need be. :whistle:

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 21 Jul 2014 15:17 #640858

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615

Forrest wrote:

loudhvx wrote: It doesn't look good for me making it. I will be in the middle of a bunch of construction projects on the new house. Then have to get the old house ready to sell or rent out. :(

Sometimes life gets in the way of living life. :pinch:

BTW, does this mean your whole West Coast, Northwest Trip is cancelled?

Let's ride locally soon. When you can get a break give me a call and Sax might come out as well. Got some fun roads out my way, away from the city.

The trip is scaled down. For time and money, she will be flying to the west and northwest instead of driving a van, so driving a couple bikes to Co will be a lot less cost effective.

We had been looking for a house for awhile, and had almost given up looking when the exact right one showed up, so it's not really all bad news. It's just tough on time, and we can't sustain two payments indefinitely, so time is money.

However, I have not hardly ridden at all this year, so if I get fed up enough, who knows, I may end up saying F it and just start driving.

By the way, has anyone considered rejetting for two miles up? I fattened my jetting for cold Chicago weather. It would likely not play well at 10k feet.

Sorry to hear you can't go, Tom. Hope you feel better soon. Look forward to seeing you again.

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 21 Jul 2014 16:55 #640866

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
I'm very sorry to hear about your heath issues Tom and i hope for your fast recovery.

The bikes will dog out a higher elevations but you can still make it up better then most cars just not pulling a wheelie, and down hill is still good :P

Come out to the sticks Lou , a lot of great roads out here and I promise to burn steaks for anyone that comes our way .

If anyone wants to be involved with the patches I'm in for half.

JD
78 KZ1000 A2A

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 21 Jul 2014 18:15 #640876

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391

TomW wrote: Bad news. Due to health problems, I wont make it to the rally. :( I was really looking forward to it too. My reservation for a campsite is still pending. If anybody wants it I'll leave it open for a few more days before I cancel.

Tom

That's bad news to hear Tom. I hope your health takes a turn for the best soon. You still have a lot of retirement to work on. Get well soon, so you can enjoy your time.
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...