Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 29 Jun 2014 19:29 #638400

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
  • Thank you received: 248
Unfortunately, I have bad news. I will NOT be attending the Relay Rally in August. This means that I will not be able to transport the flag to the Rally either :S

I simply do not have enough time to get the bike up an running and get enough testing done to make sure it is road worthy. Sorry guys.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forrest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 29 Jun 2014 19:48 #638403

• goodfastncheap
  • User
  • Thank you received: 38
You SIGNED it. Good enough. Forget this whole deal, and enjoy your bike. And thanks for your pull!
1979 KZ650 B3
KZ Relay Rider #54, Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forrest, kaw-a-holic

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 02 Jul 2014 15:54 #638719

• Forrest
  • Forrest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178

kaw-a-holic wrote: Unfortunately, I have bad news. I will NOT be attending the Relay Rally in August. This means that I will not be able to transport the flag to the Rally either :S

I simply do not have enough time to get the bike up an running and get enough testing done to make sure it is road worthy. Sorry guys.

B) What Peter said! You have done more than your fair share! You still have about a month but if the bike is not going to be completed and you wish to come to The Rally then get there any way you can, even on four wheels. I will have two bikes so you can ride one of mine. Get in touch for details. Call me, we can work it out. If you really want to be there, we can make it happen together. We will have AZ covered at The Four Corners Ride during the Rally so don't worry about that. Hope you still can make it Jon.
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 02 Jul 2014 16:14 #638723

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
UPDATE: I visited The Ute B luff Lodge & Campsite on Thursday June 26th. Stopped and visited with Craig & Annette Williams. The Lodge and campground look great. It is located right on the south side of U.S. Route 160 on the east side of town. They are looking forward to hosting our Rally. Craig even has a KLR 650 that I would love to steal and get up on some of the unpaved dual sport roads in the area. :evil:

U.S. 160 going west from South Fork is one great motorcycle road. I took some pictures and will see about posting soon.

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 02 Jul 2014 18:47 #638748

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391

kaw-a-holic wrote: Unfortunately, I have bad news. I will NOT be attending the Relay Rally in August. This means that I will not be able to transport the flag to the Rally either :S

Hey that's a bummer, but I suppose that's how it goes. Hope it all works out for you to ride that KZ sometime soon.
Even if you drove up for the rally, you might find someone with a spare bike for you to ride?
Almost hit a deer myself this last weekend on our 4 day N. CA ride. Within 6" for sure. Lots of them about all the time. Hopefully they just jump back out of the way, at least most of the time. :ohmy:
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 03 Jul 2014 07:01 #638798

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

Motor Head wrote:

Hey that's a bummer, but I suppose that's how it goes. Hope it all works out for you to ride that KZ sometime soon.
Even if you drove up for the rally, you might find someone with a spare bike for you to ride?
Almost hit a deer myself this last weekend on our 4 day N. CA ride. Within 6" for sure. Lots of them about all the time. Hopefully they just jump back out of the way, at least most of the time. :ohmy:

Yes, a spare bike can be had as mentioned in Post# 638719. :whistle:

I also had several close calls all at dusk or well into the night. After my visit to The Ute Bluff Lodge and a great U.S. 160 ride and Just before entering Durango on U.S. 160 at dusk there is a "Wildlife Detection Zone with big billboards that light up if wildlife is detected. I rode past the first one and then WHOA! Two Big Muley Does directly off my port side, hard on brakes. Next "Wildlife Detection Zone Sign" was lit up likely due to my near run in with thsee deer. Next it is night fall and am heading to Cortez, you know Four Corners is just beyond. Had a car riding my aft when more deer appear. Thanks to my recently installed Denali D2 driving lights and the fantastic high beams on my 2011 Concours 14, I saw them in time, again hard on brakes. The car on my ass however was not as quick with the reflexes. I gave him the "BACK-OFF" signal. When I had the opportunity, I pulled over and let the old Buick pass. I then used that car as my wildlife plow the rest of the way to Cortez. I suggest most riding diuring The Relay Rally be done during daylight hours AND in groups of two or more. The buddy system for not only this reason but for all around safety should be seriously considered and employed.

Last edit: by Forrest.

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 03 Jul 2014 07:38 #638803

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
You should get a patent for "wildlife plow". :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: goodfastncheap

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 03 Jul 2014 19:52 #638847

• goodfastncheap
  • User
  • Thank you received: 38

Attachment kansas_2014-07-03.jpg not found

Wild life! We get it~!
1979 KZ650 B3
KZ Relay Rider #54, Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas
Attachments:

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 06 Jul 2014 12:08 #639037

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
Wildlife! Yes, there will be an abundance of the animal and KZ Rider kind in just about a month! :woohoo:

Here are the pictures as promised. This should wet your appetite!

U.S. 160 between Walsenburg and Alamosa, CO. A pretty section of 160 but more interesting roads abound beginning in South Fork further west.

Ute Bluff Lodge is waiting for us!

Cabins

Recreation Room & Place for our Saturday Dinner Celebration!

The Lodge with RV parking beyond

The Silver Streak & myself at Ute Bluff Lodge

Wolf Creek Pass at 10,863 feet straddles the Continental Divide! This is S.W. of South Fork on the way to Pagosa Springs, a town rich in history and hot springs!

This is just a preview of what is in store for all who attend the KZ Rider Relay Rally!

The following user(s) said Thank You: bluej58

Last edit: by Forrest.

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 06 Jul 2014 18:36 #639078

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
  • Thank you received: 75
There be some serious beauty going on there.
79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 11 Jul 2014 20:29 #639780

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
Just three more short weeks to the Rally Start.
Just where will the Flag be on the weekend of the Rally Start? Will there be more hand offs before then? Hope so, but I'm still willing to go get it yet again to bring it to the rally. It sure would be great to have some of the other Flag carriers telling their travel stories around camp with the Flag there as a conversation piece, pictures etc. A group photo of the Rally participants and the flag as centerpiece. :)
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 12 Jul 2014 08:55 #639826

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
Great shots Forrest, I wish we could join you guys but I think we already blew our wad for the season :(
JD
78 KZ1000 A2A