Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 13 Jul 2014 08:26 #639916

• Forrest
  • Forrest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178
Daryl, I think you got your answer in the Southwest Relay Thread. >>> www.kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/59...th-west-leg?start=20

Slayer is handing off to EddieM. Eddie M is coming to the Relay Rally but may hand off first to Baldy110. We have Relay participants lined up to get it to South Fork and the Relay Rally. You are certainly welcome to contact them and see if they are riding along part of your route. You may come in from the north and they from the West/S.W. Either way we will all be meeting up soon! Great effort to all!

BTW, what is the status of the hand-off Paul? The Relay to EddieM is today, right? Have fun & safe riding gentlemen! B)
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Forrest.

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 13 Jul 2014 22:21 #639991

• eddiem
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #63
  • Thank you received: 34
The hand off is done.
It was a good ride, I got my son to ride the 1100 with me, And meeting Paul and his wife for the first time was great we had lunch and parted from there we had a total of 166 miles.
Its pretty cool being a part of this.
Now I'll get a hold of Baldy and get er done.
1976 Kz900
1978 Kz1000
1978 Z1r
1982 Kz1100 A2
1975 Z1b-900
1975 Z1b-900
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forrest, Motor Head, KZJOE900

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 14 Jul 2014 13:28 #640060

• peter1958
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 198
I plan on going even if i dont get this fricken elr running. Just looked at a zrx I might buy for the trip. So no matter what I will get there!!!!

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 14 Jul 2014 14:35 #640068

• peter1958
  • User is blocked
I think this is my new bike.

few details to iron out
Attachments:

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 14 Jul 2014 15:14 #640073

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
  • Thank you received: 266
I have one.

It's a nice bike. You won't be disappointed.
Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit
Wife's BIG bike...... 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and factory FI Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods

Last edit: by slayer61. Reason: Add another picture

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 14 Jul 2014 19:29 #640094

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391

eddiem wrote: The hand off is done.
It was a good ride, I got my son to ride the 1100 with me, And meeting Paul and his wife for the first time was great we had lunch and parted from there we had a total of 166 miles.
Its pretty cool being a part of this.
Now I'll get a hold of Baldy and get er done.[/quote

Good job guys. Great to see the Flag continuing along.
Post up some pics if you have them in the relay thread, either the NW or main thread.
Have we gone south enough where the SW thread will take over now? That seems like it would be so, as the NW thread is probably done for this relay.
Looking forward to the Rally. Since the flag will be brought by Baldy, I'm mapping out an adventure on the way there to South Fork. From Oregon, over through Idaho, into Wy, down into Colorado, in a big arc. Keeping to the mountains where the roads will be twisty, and the weather cooler. Perfect for the KZ!!! B)

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

Last edit: by Motor Head.

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 15 Jul 2014 11:15 #640147

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

peter1958 wrote: I think this is my new bike.

few details to iron out

Nice bike! B) I also have a ZRX and may well bring to the Rally along with my KZ 650. I love my ZRX, great roadster and great do it all bike. I say get it. It looks unmolested too. :evil:

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 18 Jul 2014 11:19 #640505

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
Attention: A little over 2 Weeks to GO before the KZR Rally begins. Anyone stil interested in joining up please see my first post and contact Ute Bluff Lodge for accomodations. Also, please post up you are coming so well we know you're coming! :P

Looking forward to reconnecting with other KZ Riders and making new acquaintances & friends! B)

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 18 Jul 2014 11:57 #640509

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
  • Thank you received: 248

Forrest wrote:

kaw-a-holic wrote: Unfortunately, I have bad news. I will NOT be attending the Relay Rally in August. This means that I will not be able to transport the flag to the Rally either :S

I simply do not have enough time to get the bike up an running and get enough testing done to make sure it is road worthy. Sorry guys.

B) What Peter said! You have done more than your fair share! You still have about a month but if the bike is not going to be completed and you wish to come to The Rally then get there any way you can, even on four wheels. I will have two bikes so you can ride one of mine. Get in touch for details. Call me, we can work it out. If you really want to be there, we can make it happen together. We will have AZ covered at The Four Corners Ride during the Rally so don't worry about that. Hope you still can make it Jon.

Thanks Forrest, that is a very nice offer. I still won't be able to make it but look forward to a lot of pictures from you guys. Hopefully this will turn into an annual type of event and I will be able to go next year.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 18 Jul 2014 12:21 #640510

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

kaw-a-holic wrote:

Forrest wrote:

kaw-a-holic wrote: Unfortunately, I have bad news. I will NOT be attending the Relay Rally in August. This means that I will not be able to transport the flag to the Rally either :S

I simply do not have enough time to get the bike up an running and get enough testing done to make sure it is road worthy. Sorry guys.

B) What Peter said! You have done more than your fair share! You still have about a month but if the bike is not going to be completed and you wish to come to The Rally then get there any way you can, even on four wheels. I will have two bikes so you can ride one of mine. Get in touch for details. Call me, we can work it out. If you really want to be there, we can make it happen together. We will have AZ covered at The Four Corners Ride during the Rally so don't worry about that. Hope you still can make it Jon.

Thanks Forrest, that is a very nice offer. I still won't be able to make it but look forward to a lot of pictures from you guys. Hopefully this will turn into an annual type of event and I will be able to go next year.

You are most certainly welcome Jon. BTW, if you made a reservation with The Ute Bluff Lodge be sure to cancel soon. They have a 72 hour cancelllation policy, me thinks... :blink: It is on their website and in one of my early posts. We will miss you and look forward to seeing your bike when it is completed. Lots of pics there too please! B)

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 19 Jul 2014 13:18 #640612

• peter1958
  • User is blocked
I will not be going. Bike is not done and buying another is crazy. Need to fix this one.

KZ RIDER NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RALLY- 2014 20 Jul 2014 19:39 #640758

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
The Rally is getting Real close now people.
I say we get a head count of who plans on going. Post here in the rally thread if your going to make it, and where your traveling from. Maybe some riding groups can form up?
Two of us are riding from Bend Oregon through Idaho, to Wyoming, down into Colorado.
goo.gl/maps/wZ6bP
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...