Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Which one do you prefer? 06 Sep 2012 18:25 #547115

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
  • Thank you received: 109
Less, i just received the rearsets. nice job. ;)

at this point i can only comment on the finish. as mentioned earlier, it would be necessary to improve on the quality of the finish. i'm sure the new bit will solve that issue for u.
at a glance the material thats left after counter sinking the bolts looks thin? just a first impression, observation at this point.

:)
76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Which one do you prefer? 06 Sep 2012 19:00 #547124

• les holt
  • les holt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 288
Post a pic, I'm pretty sure you got some of the first round parts. Surface finish is way up on the this last run. Beyond that it's off to the polishers, price will go up according. :(
On the counter bores, I thought the same and added a rad. to the bottom to improve strength. When I put mine on I literally jumped and jumped on them, took them off just to see if there was any twist in them. Had none. I've got some off a another bike that are aftermarket and they are thinner so I felt pretty confident with what I got.

Les

Which one do you prefer? 06 Sep 2012 21:29 #547159

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
  • Thank you received: 109
here's a pic Les
maybe u could run some emery cloth over the pegs while there in the lathe. this would clean up the outer surface.

Attachment 08120021.jpg not found

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)
Attachments:

Which one do you prefer? 18 Sep 2012 12:45 #549442

• NakedFun
  • User
  • Thank you received: 99
Les,

Any word on the changes you are making or considering? Looking for any more information or feedback? Anything to share? This thread has gotten awefully quiet.....

Cory
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14
1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
1976 Kawasaki KZ900

Which one do you prefer? 18 Sep 2012 13:27 #549449

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
  • Thank you received: 248
All I can say is that mine work flawlessly. The grip on the pegs is good regardless of shoe or conditions. Knurled for extra grip is my only advice.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

Which one do you prefer? 18 Sep 2012 16:48 #549485

• les holt
  • les holt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 288
I took my cnc down to change it to a variable frequency drive right before last weekend and was expecting to work on it this week but motor troubles forced me to fix that first. I was in the middle of running the sidewinder brake pedals when the variable speed belt broke and next was the offset mastercylinder holder. I think it will be a better end result plus adding adjustability to the master cylinder so you can move the pedal higher and lower to suit fit. I'll should be back on plan hopefully monday. :)
Oh, and I knurled a set for mine and took them off, they are a pain to keep looking good, the groove are much easier but I will offer the knurl as an option.
Mark, you did get the first run, had to scrounge up an endmill to cut the centers out and since bought what I wanted to get the finish up. Like I said, these were the prototypes and I'm getting the feedback I needed. Pegs will be lightly polished to take the as mill condition off of them. ;)

Les

Last edit: by les holt.

Which one do you prefer? 19 Sep 2012 01:00 #549618

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
  • Thank you received: 248
I thought I saw a picture of a foot peg that was cross cut. How did that one do versus the knurled?
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

Which one do you prefer? 27 Sep 2012 21:23 #551253

• Mpls ugly
  • User
  • 78 kz1000 plus alot of zipties
  • Thank you received: 0
what timing! here i am in the market for rearsets and i come to my trusty ol kzrider thread and what do i find.... pure gold! gold i tell ya

these look so purdy, let me just say a pm has been sent.

Now as far as feedback it looks like everyone is well on it. It seems the finish is comming up in convo alot. Is no-one considering paint? i know shiney is awesome but what about things like green pinstripping on your bike with green annodized rearsets? or powdercoat?. just an idea.

Im more concerned with how they work, thats the point right? becuase haveing your feet right under you with lowered bars sucks! im trying to drag a knee next time i go down through the twisties,not look like im eating my bike because im so scrunched up on there. these stockers aint cutting it. hows the shift? easy to find? shorter, longer or no differance. are the pegs wide enough so there not stabbing you in the arches? what about the transfer from the top of the shift lever to underneath it(into 1st and then 2nd) while in motion. Finnaly how about the shift motion itself( dorsiflexion,plantar flexion) after a day of riding can you walk around in those boots or do you have shin splints.

I only ask because these are issues ive had to address whilst looking for the best rearsets. Iappreciate everyons hard work and research probabley as much as les just beacuase i dont want to do this twice.

so thanks to everyone, i use this site like a stripper does baby powder
two wheels not four

Which one do you prefer? 27 Sep 2012 21:34 #551256

• Mpls ugly
  • User
oh yea,how tall is everyone? just for survey sake and Les have you considered putting a run down knob on the ends of the pegs? i know thier kind of ugly but function wise they make sense if people are even getting over that far.

i am giddy with excitment i hope these are still a reality.

Im getting married in two weeks and all i keep talking about to my soon to be wife is sweet rearsets
two wheels not four

Which one do you prefer? 27 Sep 2012 23:40 #551289

• ramtough_63
  • User
  • Thank you received: 132
I'm not installing mine til the winter tear down I like em so well I keep em in my van
and show everyone I see LOL

My friends all say yeah you show'd em to me last time lol
1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

Which one do you prefer? 28 Sep 2012 00:03 #551291

• NakedFun
  • User
  • Thank you received: 99
MPLS, I am 5'-11" and not cramped. In fact I have added clip one for more of an aggressive riding position. As far as position, the stator and points housings would hit the ground first. I am doing polished, but PC would work as well. I am in the Twin cities area and could let you see them if you want.

Cory
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14
1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
1976 Kawasaki KZ900

Which one do you prefer? 28 Sep 2012 20:49 #551477

• Mpls ugly
  • User
Cory that would be awesome! let me know what works best(to come and see) and ill happily accomodate. where abouts in the twin cities are you? i live over by the falls off hiawatha. What bike are you riding? i bet ive seen you around
two wheels not four