Very frustrated now bike runs bad again

More
20 May 2024 10:30 #899381 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic Very frustrated now bike runs bad again
It doesn't matter if the kill switch is left on.
It is only live when the ignition is on..

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58, Rolf1976_KZ900

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rolf1976_KZ900
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
20 May 2024 10:41 #899382 by Rolf1976_KZ900
Replied by Rolf1976_KZ900 on topic Very frustrated now bike runs bad again

It doesn't matter if the kill switch is left on.
It is only live when the ignition is on..

Thanks that was good to hear. I just had another look at the alternative wiring diagram that i used and saw that when using a direct fused wire to battery positive from coils it did not connect with   the red/yellow wire coming from killswitch .

More
20 May 2024 11:31 #899385 by Wookie58
Replied by Wookie58 on topic Very frustrated now bike runs bad again
The direct feed for the coils isn't an issue as no current flows until the BB module is activated by the ignition via the kill switch, however if the "kill switch" is faulty you still have a "point of failure" which will stop the bike running. Also if the kill switch is arcing then it will cause power surges which could damage your new module (I don't know how sensitive they are)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rolf1976_KZ900

• Rolf1976_KZ900
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
20 May 2024 13:38 #899393 by Rolf1976_KZ900

The direct feed for the coils isn't an issue as no current flows until the BB module is activated by the ignition via the kill switch, however if the "kill switch" is faulty you still have a "point of failure" which will stop the bike running. Also if the kill switch is arcing then it will cause power surges which could damage your new module (I don't know how sensitive they are)

Ok thanks next up is inspecting the killswitch just to be sure all is working right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

• Rolf1976_KZ900
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
23 Jun 2024 14:05 #901196 by Rolf1976_KZ900
I still have not open the killswitc,. but i now know for sure it is worn out or damaged .That is because yesterday when on a trip the bike suddenly did not react when pushing the start button.Then i touched the killswitch that was in ON position the bike fired right up.So maybe that is what made one coil melt last year and bike run bad.
The bike runs fine now but that killswitch is a weak point that make some electrical gremlins.