Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Very frustrated now bike runs bad again 16 May 2024 13:56 #899145

• Rolf1976_KZ900
  • Rolf1976_KZ900's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 144

You can easily bypass that kill switch by connecting the two wires that go to the back off it. That will permanently render it as though in the Run position. 

Aha thanks for that info i think i just do that temorary if i find it damaged.Then i can at least ride the bike without worry about maybe damage coils or the magick electrical box i hope.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Very frustrated now bike runs bad again 18 May 2024 13:10 #899246

• Rolf1976_KZ900
  • User
I did not take the killswitch apart since i was in a hurry and found that it may be more work that i planned when i saw the throttle cables in in there.
Well i got the boyer installed and have tried to time the ignition. also did a valve check and mecanical timing check. The bike runs good ,but had 2 times the engine kicks back when starting the engine.I sound serius bad like the starter engine or starter sprocket gets damaged not good ! it happens when engine is real hot and gets started up again after only some minutes.everything works still.It is a little lean now and mayby that is why ,but i wanted to check the timing more and dicovered something strang. I have timed using the advancemark on the advancer unit that is on the bike. Tody i wanted to check more and found out that the scribed mark that i made on the rotor is turning wrong way when rewing the engine.It is suposed to rotate clockwice and at full advance  5000rpm it should  match with the top mark in the casing. Instead it rotates to the left away from the top.Not dure what is going on. The bike runs good if the engine was retarding like the marking on the rotor does it should run real bad or what???   
I owned a z1000 for only 4 days that i returned to the seller because it had a lot of damages that i was not informed about .The seller did not know about the damages and i got my money back right away.
Anyway what is going on with the scribed marking on rotor goes wrong way?? it maybe is something wrong with the boyer instructions on how to make the scribed mark at 40 degree bdc ?

Attachments:

Last edit: by Rolf1976_KZ900.

Very frustrated now bike runs bad again 18 May 2024 13:29 #899247

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 2047
Surely given that the engine rotates clockwise (at the ignition end of the crank) you would expect the mark to move left (advance) don't you rotate the engine anti-clockwise from TDC to line up the static timing mark ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rolf1976_KZ900

Very frustrated now bike runs bad again 18 May 2024 13:52 #899250

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1979
Wrong rotor? As far as i know offers the Dyna ignition system two kind of rotor types,
One rotor type offers a more advance ignition.adjustment range. Your screw slots of the picup plate look like at the max.advance ignition.adjustment position.

Very frustrated now bike runs bad again 18 May 2024 13:53 #899251

• Rolf1976_KZ900
  • User

Surely given that the engine rotates clockwise (at the ignition end of the crank) you would expect the mark to move left (advance) don't you rotate the engine anti-clockwise from TDC to line up the static timing mark ?

Im not sure what im doing ,but i did like the boyer instructions says making the mark at 40degree bdc then rotate engine 320 degree clockwise .
Confusing stuff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

Very frustrated now bike runs bad again 18 May 2024 14:02 #899253

• Rolf1976_KZ900
  • User

Wrong rotor? As far as i know offers the Dyna ignition system two kind of rotor types,
One rotor type offers a more advance ignition.adjustment range. Your screw slots of the picup plate look like at the max.advance ignition.adjustment position.

I dont know if they offer 2 types of rotor but it says z900 z1000 stamped on the timingfplate.Yes i have turned the timingplate to full advance,but not sure if that is enough? i have not been over 7000 rpm when riding it yet dont know what can happend if my timing is wrong then?

Very frustrated now bike runs bad again 18 May 2024 14:07 #899255

• Rolf1976_KZ900
  • User
I must have done something wrong or the boyer instructions is wrong.

Very frustrated now bike runs bad again 18 May 2024 14:19 #899256

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 2047
I just had a look at the instructions for setting the timing, too be honest it's not particularly clear the way it is written and if English is not your first language (no offence as your English is very good) then it would be easy to make a mistake. I would suggest you go back through the set up process as I think you may have made a mistake somewhere along the way.
PS: if you are still struggling I will try and make it clearer for you

Last edit: by Wookie58.

Very frustrated now bike runs bad again 18 May 2024 14:30 #899257

• Rolf1976_KZ900
  • User

I just had a look at the instructions for setting the timing, too be honest it's not particularly clear the way it is written and if English is not your first language (no offence as your English is very good) then it would be easy to make a mistake. I would suggest you go back through the set up process as I think you may have made a mistake somewhere along the way.
PS: if you are still struggling I will try and make it clearer for you

I dont get offended just hurt and mad    joking =) Thanks for trying to help Wookie .Now im to tired to think so will try to look into it more tomorrow.
When looking at it now maybe if i had rotated the timingplate so that the pickups was sitting vertical and the T mark om timingplate was upward it may be right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

Last edit: by Rolf1976_KZ900.

Very frustrated now bike runs bad again 18 May 2024 14:31 #899259

• Warren3200gt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 690
Plenty on YouTube about fitting them. 
This says it's for lots of khi models but might give you an insight into what's wrong. 
This is part 1 but there's several follow on parts. 

Z1000J2 somewhat modified!

Last edit: by Warren3200gt.

Very frustrated now bike runs bad again 18 May 2024 14:40 #899260

• Rolf1976_KZ900
  • User
Thanks Warren i will take a look on them !

Very frustrated now bike runs bad again 18 May 2024 14:58 #899261

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1979
Your picup plate need extended slots or the right rotor.
Your ignition tiiming @ idle approximately 10 degrees delayed.

Attachments:

Last edit: by Scirocco.