Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Difference in performance/use RS Flat Slide vs CR Round Slide - wrist fatigue 10 Aug 2022 14:47 #872003

• 577nitro
  • 577nitro's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 55

The S1 came with the bath tub design cylinder head. It was the first Kz that used the bath tub cylinder head. Kawasaki then used the design head on the '83/'84 ZX1100's (GPz1100).

What throttle tube did you get with the Yoshimura throttle???

Mine came with the one on the left.

Nada...did not come with throttle.   However, I did find this slick throttle tube from motoworks that uses bearings and does not ride on the bar at all and comes with all different size cable cams.

The search goes on...I did find some OEM throttle cables for my 81 GPZ550, thats about to be assemble after far too long.   Still looking for OEM speedo, and clutch for that. 
Plenty of Z900, Z1000 cables from japan.  I might try those if the Z1R are un-attaineum.

577nitro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Difference in performance/use RS Flat Slide vs CR Round Slide - wrist fatigue 10 Aug 2022 18:36 #872016

• daveo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 632

Ran into that difficulty in 2016 while searching for cables for a ZN1100 dual-cable control housing which I chose to use with my RS carbs.  
Nothing was (and nothing yet is) available for that setup...only option was to custom build them.

I'm still dumbfounded by how well they work. 

What cables did you use?  Is there some sort stock that can be used to fabricate the cables??

577nitro-
If this was my situation, I would grab a couple 294673105517 and 140594394356...then cut to lengths and swap cables and fittings as needed.  
Only thing left is fabricate and secure knarps on the cut cable ends to fit the throttle grip. 

1982 KZ1100-A2

Difference in performance/use RS Flat Slide vs CR Round Slide - wrist fatigue 11 Aug 2022 07:45 #872049

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
  • Thank you received: 265

The S1 came with the bath tub design cylinder head. It was the first Kz that used the bath tub cylinder head. Kawasaki then used the design head on the '83/'84 ZX1100's (GPz1100).

Nada...did not come with throttle.   However, I did find this slick throttle tube from motoworks that uses bearings and does not ride on the bar at all and comes with all different size cable cams.

The search goes on...I did find some OEM throttle cables for my 81 GPZ550, thats about to be assemble after far too long.   Still looking for OEM speedo, and clutch for that. 
Plenty of Z900, Z1000 cables from japan.  I might try those if the Z1R are un-attaineum.

577nitro

Is this the one you're talking about?
www.motosport.com/works-connection-elite-throttle-tube

That looks like a perfect candidate for my Mrs' bike.
Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit
Wife's BIG bike...... 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and factory FI Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods

Difference in performance/use RS Flat Slide vs CR Round Slide - wrist fatigue 11 Aug 2022 14:07 #872070

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
  • Thank you received: 664
If you're looking to make the pull easier all you really need to do is sand down the throttle pulley diameter a bit. wont cost you anything but some time. 

I am going to try this variable rate throttle on my next build

www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/motion-pro-r...D_BwE&sku_id=1002155

Difference in performance/use RS Flat Slide vs CR Round Slide - wrist fatigue 11 Aug 2022 15:53 #872082

• 577nitro
  • User

577nitro

Is this the one you're talking about?
www.motosport.com/works-connection-elite-throttle-tube

That looks like a perfect candidate for my Mrs' bike.
Yup, thats it.   If it does't work I'll put it on the ZRX or the KDX200.

577Nitro

Difference in performance/use RS Flat Slide vs CR Round Slide - wrist fatigue 11 Aug 2022 16:39 #872088

• 577nitro
  • User
My EE buddy is getting pretty excited about this project, we've decided to go with a new design altogether and scrap the crashed bike setup.   We've found some commercially available stepping motors and controllers that we can program.  That will let us have the ability to have "modes" like the fancy bikes.  Might be able to integrate into a OBC and TFT touch screen I've been working on for a while using a raspberryPi 4.  Need to figure out the throttle though.  Or...it can all crash and burn too... :)

Difference in performance/use RS Flat Slide vs CR Round Slide - wrist fatigue 11 Aug 2022 23:01 #872093

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1787

My EE buddy is getting pretty excited about this project, we've decided to go with a new design altogether and scrap the crashed bike setup.   We've found some commercially available stepping motors and controllers that we can program.  That will let us have the ability to have "modes" like the fancy bikes.  Might be able to integrate into a OBC and TFT touch screen I've been working on for a while using a raspberryPi 4.  Need to figure out the throttle though.  Or...it can all crash and burn too... :)
If you have the electronic's skills to custom build such a system and the time to spend on R&D "why not"   I would however suggest a couple of things
  • Activate the system through your kill switch
  • Design it with a system voltage around 11v (bleed off the excess through a "zenner" type set up) this will prevent surging on a constant throttle due to system voltage fluctuations
Good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: slayer61

Difference in performance/use RS Flat Slide vs CR Round Slide - wrist fatigue 13 Aug 2022 15:25 #872174

• 577nitro
  • User

If you have the electronic's skills to custom build such a system and the time to spend on R&D "why not"   I would however suggest a couple of things
  • Activate the system through your kill switch
  • Design it with a system voltage around 11v (bleed off the excess through a "zenner" type set up) this will prevent surging on a constant throttle due to system voltage fluctuations
Good luck

All good info to take in...so many cool things that can be added once we reach being able to control the throttle.  I program embedded systems with IMU's and published a few mobile device apps, so that part's going to pretty easy to do.   I've been fooling around with a fully integrated bolt on instrument system with GPIO interfaces..however I really never thought of adding throttle or engine manage to it until now.   BUT...with throttle control...coupled with IMU's,  there's a real possibility of at least a basic level of rider aids. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

Last edit: by 577nitro. Reason: spelling

Difference in performance/use RS Flat Slide vs CR Round Slide - wrist fatigue 26 Aug 2022 16:28 #872915

• 577nitro
  • User
Update:

I received a 12-1019 and 12-1018 (the 78-80 Z1R OEM cables) as well as a German Made 12-1019 exact copy.   I installed them on my Yoshi throttle holder, lubed them the best I could and what a difference.  Night and day, and I shit you not.   At least a 30% reduction in force required.  So much smoother, I was able to back down the spring tension on the carbs because it no longer needed to fight that friction.  The German made one was on par with the OEM.  And it was  bitch to find the OEM's.   I need to adapt the Works Connection throttle tube to fit the ISD of the bars, so I'm guessing it will even get better when that is done.   

I'll give a ride report on this setup when I get a chance.   I'm still working the fly-by wire as well. 

577Nitro-