Small air filter (vents)

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
15 Jun 2016 17:27 #731566 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Small air filter (vents)
100 miles on them. Starting to get some color on the insulators. Pulls stronger through the red line. May be a little rich on the bottom. The 130's were in the carbs when I got them. After correcting all the munged up parts the PO did, the flat spot off idle went away but they were running rich. Went down on the mains to 125 and 60 pilots. Too lean. 65's were better but power fell off. 70's worked well but one clip down on the needles made it too rich. Put them back to the center clips and they cleaned up. Maybe too much. Being summer and HOT, that's the last thing I need. I decided to put the 130's back in. Marked improvement and the color is coming back. Once the engine starts burning correctly, compression comes up and it starts to lean out. If after a couple hundred more miles the soot doesn't go away, I'll go back to the 65's.
One thing at a time.
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
19 Jul 2016 15:44 #735486 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Small air filter (vents)
I took the vents out and put in plugs. In high winds (we get a lot of them) the bike was starving for air. At low speeds, it was OK. Well that's no me so I changed them. Might as well had :ohmy: pods. Going back to 127.5 and maybe back ti the 125's. The baffle was rattling again and I found this.
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.