Motion Pro carb synch tool

More
08 Sep 2015 08:56 #689166 by woodman
Motion Pro carb synch tool was created by woodman
Ive got one of those newer blue liquid antifreeze Motion Pro carb synch tools. How much antifreeze does it take to fill one and where do you put in, one of the screw holes ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2015 09:47 #689176 by pete greek1
Replied by pete greek1 on topic Motion Pro carb synch tool
You can Google, how to refill Motion Pro carb sync tool, for your model # tool, & there is PDF's you can download showing you the procedure
Pete

1980 LTD 1000..,1976 LTD 900, have the 1000&900 now. the rest are previous= 1978 KZ 650 B.., 1980 Yamaha XT 500..,1978 Yamaha DT 400.., 1977 Yamaha yz 80..,Honda trail ct 70.., Honda QA 50...5-1/2 hp brigs & straton CAT chopper mini bike...3-1/2 hp mini bike (WHEN GAS WAS ABOUT 45 CENTS A GALLON)!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: woodman

More
08 Sep 2015 18:48 #689249 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Motion Pro carb synch tool
Tool is garbage beyond definition. I can live with most garbarge tools, as they actually work to at least some extent, but this tool is possibly the most "chinese" tool ever. I think it made the Guiness world records for the most useless tool ever out of china in the 2015 book. Yes, I see it on page 306. Worst tool ever. Don't bother refilling, just throw it away and save time and agravation.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

More
09 Sep 2015 07:20 #689314 by zero10
Replied by zero10 on topic Motion Pro carb synch tool
What do you find so poor about it? I synchronized my carbs in just a few minutes using one earlier this year and I don't remember really running into any trouble with it

-

More
09 Sep 2015 10:31 #689348 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Motion Pro carb synch tool
:laugh: :woohoo:
"The most "chinese" tool ever"

Gotta remember that one. :laugh:

More
09 Sep 2015 13:52 #689371 by woodman
Replied by woodman on topic Motion Pro carb synch tool
I have to agree with you there, a real POS, Worked fair the first time after that it sucked, full of air bubbles. Ive decided to buy a Morgan Carbtune pro. The mercury one I had before worked great until it fell and the mercury ran out, the toilet water blue one stinks

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
More
09 Sep 2015 14:43 - 09 Sep 2015 14:44 #689375 by DoctoRot
Replied by DoctoRot on topic Motion Pro carb synch tool
Ive synced maybe 2 dozen bikes with the motion pro tool. I think its actually pretty good for the price, particularly because you calibrate it before use. It did get air bubbles in it after the first couple of bikes because I left it sitting on its side. I refilled it with new fluid and have always stored it upright and have had it for a few years now with no problems. If you got the money i think the carbtune is a nicer tool though.

BTW i haven't tried this but i heard if you get the bubbles in the fluid, you back the screws all the way out and swing it real hard to force the fluid to the bottom. YMMV
Last edit: 09 Sep 2015 14:44 by DoctoRot.

More
09 Sep 2015 15:14 #689382 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Motion Pro carb synch tool
I like these (see image below). No bubbles, etc. :) Ed

Attachment IMG_0891-2.jpg not found

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Attachments:

More
09 Sep 2015 15:17 #689385 by missionkz
Replied by missionkz on topic Motion Pro carb synch tool

650ed wrote: I like these (see image below). No bubbles, etc. :) Ed

Attachment IMG_0891-2.jpg not found

Nice!!! I have the generic version of those.

Bruce
1977 KZ1000A1
2016 Triumph T120 Bonneville
Far North East Metro Denver Colorado

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
09 Sep 2015 16:20 #689404 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Motion Pro carb synch tool
Old friend. Second set I've had in 40 years. This set I bought in 84
Steve

Attachments:

More
09 Sep 2015 18:02 #689418 by LineArtist
Replied by LineArtist on topic Motion Pro carb synch tool
Well, I have not used my Motion pro as of yet and is still in the package. Looking to carb sync sometime next week. Hoping it gets the job done and done right.

'79 KZ650B3 (stock)
'79 KZ650B3 (parts bike)
'06 HD 883R

More
10 Sep 2015 18:06 #689551 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Motion Pro carb synch tool
I'll give a quick rundown of my experience with the tool. I had the old mercury carbstix since 1978 and they worked great, but eventually the mercury got lost due to a mistake on my part. So I go to replace them and find mercury is outlawed. We were kids we played with mercury as a toy, but thankfully government outlaws dangerous materials. Anyway, I get the new mercury free carbstix. Carbjunks I guess they are called. I put the solution in the carbjunks, then read instructions on installing the .001" restrictors, or whatever size they are in each line. Now the old carbstix didn't need restrictors, so I started to get a little leary thinking that these tiny restrictors are going to be very susceptible to plugging. Sure enough, at least one of them would not flow. Been 7 yrs ago, so memory of the situation is not 100%, but fact is the restrictors would not flow. I took them off tried compressed air, but blowing through a .001 hole is rather pointless. I finally get all 4 to flow, then hook up the lines together to check sync and find all 4 tubes have air bubbles. Not just a few, but fully 1/2 the tube in each tube was air bubbles. Read the instructions and this is a FAQ, and easy to remedy. Shake the tool is the remedy. So I shake the tool. All this does is shake all the little manifold adapters out of their storage area into the dirt. Now I still have 1/2 air bubbles. I get a bright idea that used to work with mercury. Blow backwards through all 4 lines to blow the liquid back down. Remove all 4 restrictors and do this. Most liquid is lost, but air bubbles are gone. Reinstall restrictors and find one is clogged again, and despite all effort remains clogged, so I figure I can use 3 lines to sync 4 carbs if I jiggle lines around a little. Go to sync the 3 lines that work, and get that done barely, as adjustment was near the end, but get it done and use the 3 lines to sync 4 carbs.
After this Motion Pro apologize and say how mercury is outlawed, so we get what we can. They send me a brand new tool since mine was defective to say the least, but I figured then, really no sense, the tool is junk. I get the new tool, don't bother to even take it out of the package, but of course it says not to let freeze so I keep in the house. I kept my old carbstix out in the garage for 30 years, but not these. A year or two passes and I go to open up the tool, and knew darn well I was in for a real treat. Sure enough, all liquid had evaporated. Carbjunks were junk, in the trash, and hence my bad attitude towards the tool. :lol:

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.