Motion Pro carb synch tool

More
10 Sep 2015 18:23 - 10 Sep 2015 18:54 #689552 by daveo
Replied by daveo on topic Motion Pro carb synch tool

woodman wrote: Ive got one of those newer blue liquid antifreeze Motion Pro carb synch tools. How much antifreeze does it take to fill one and where do you put in, one of the screw holes ?

For those of us who aren't spoiled from having owned or used something better, the Motion Pro works. My bike runs so much better after using it...and it is far-better than not having a sync tool at all. :)

...just remember to carefully turn the four screws out until they contact the inside surface of the plastic housing, which draws the fluid into the base storage reservoirs at the base, and helps to prevent it from evaporating.

1982 KZ1100-A2

Last edit: 10 Sep 2015 18:54 by daveo. Reason: corrections

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2015 20:10 #689560 by Jussumguy
Replied by Jussumguy on topic Motion Pro carb synch tool
I too have one of these miserable pieces of junk. I've never been able to clear the bubbles out . Also one of lines is low on fluid from the factory and I never could restore the level. I had a choice of this or gauges when I got it and thought since I recognized the motion pro name it would be a good product. The only thing that has kept it out of the trash is my desire to do a YouTube video of me smashing it with a hammer.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
11 Sep 2015 03:55 #689575 by SWest

More
11 Sep 2015 05:21 #689581 by DFIGPZ
Replied by DFIGPZ on topic Motion Pro carb synch tool
Just but a Morgan and be done with it last one you will ever buy the new motion pro is not worth the time .

1984 750 Turbo

More
11 Sep 2015 05:25 #689585 by KZB2 650
Replied by KZB2 650 on topic Motion Pro carb synch tool
First things I Bought was a manual then the mercury filled carb stick back in 81......... lasted and worked perfect till the mercury leaked out a couple years back.

Then I bought the Motion off ebay without checking here first (dumb) ........ after deciiding I'd better check here I read Ron's and a few others hate of it and canceled the order ...... the guy said no problem but in the mean time I got a small package from him ..... (I think it was the fluid for someone else) ...... another dumb move I gave it to my wife to return at the post office and she doesn't get tracking on it. A week goes buy and the guy claims he sent it and says he didn't get any package returned from me........ Ebay didn't help a bit on this either since My wife didn't get tracking..... long story I got screwed out of it...... only one other thing out of 500 things in 13-14 years that went bad over Ebay (was a small thing) so not too bad but I'll never get over this and for give the guy.

Bought the Morgan recommend it and love it but it sure cost me.

1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
11 Sep 2015 05:55 #689588 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Motion Pro carb synch tool
I lost the mercury years ago. Lousy way the breather tube was fastened. I installed a street elbow and the clear tube you see in my pic. The bolt is so it won't run out. It also helps to keep the fluid from being sucked up. The mercury I have now came from a friend that used it for cleaning silver. It still has traces of silver in it but isn't a problem.
The Lib's will keep taking things away as long as only 17% of the people vote.
Steve

More
11 Sep 2015 06:10 #689589 by woodman
Replied by woodman on topic Motion Pro carb synch tool
I bought the Morgan yesterday but will try to refill the toilet water Motion Pro junk