Pods on F.I.

More
15 May 2009 04:39 #291340 by otakar
Replied by otakar on topic Pods on F.I.
kzz1p wrote:

Love to get this on bike of the month one day- if it deserves it of course.
Tommotbird

[/quote]

It is a beautiful bike, I only have a problem with any "Kawasaki" which is lacking a Tail piece. That is what distinguished Kawasakis from other bikes in the old days. If you would like help installing the appropriate tail piece on the bike We would be more than happy to help. :blush: A Kawasaki without a tail piece is like a Scotsman going into battle without his kilt (If you know what I mean) It is fully functional and might even be lighter on its feet, but in battle, something just would look wrong. :woohoo: :blush:

74 Z1-A stock
76 KZ-900 Totaly stock vice MAC pipe
77 KZ-1000A stock
78 Z1-R 100%MINT 500 original Mi.
78 Z1-R Yoshi 1103 kit stage 1 cams Yoshi pipe. Etc
79 KZ-1300 (1400)
80 KZ-1300
81 Scratch built GPz1150R
82 KZ1000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2009 04:45 #291341 by otakar
Now- If you want to make it look right with out the tail piece, to go along with that kilt analogy, you would have to install something like this below the tail light. :woohoo:

74 Z1-A stock
77 KZ-1000A stock
79 KZ-1300 (1400)
80 KZ-1300
82 KZ1000
Attachments:

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
15 May 2009 05:46 - 15 May 2009 05:49 #291349 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic Pods on F.I.
otakar wrote:

larrycavan wrote:

otakar wrote:

Hay Larry, what did that set you back. Do you have any opinion on my head work on mi Thread. kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...w&catid=11&id=169462

I am an avid visitor to your web sight and have quoted you quite a few times here.

Otto

Otto,

96CFM is a nice street head. You did a nice job. :)

The bore on the throttle bodies was free. Good friend did them for me. Stock TBs flow about as well as a CV carb of same size. Pogue TBs flowed 143CFM @10".

Stock 83 TB w/o stack 114.7
Stock 83 TB with Stack 125.8
Sid Pogue bored throttle bodies with stack 143

Last September when I spoke with Sid, he would still do the throttle body bore.

Larry
This means that the stock throttle bodies should be more than adequate for my application since the head will flow about the same as the stock TBs? :unsure: Or am I wrong to presume so. I do not have a welded crank and do not make a habit of dropping the clutch. I may accelerate briskly, but fluently. Did you ever get that linkage for the shift lever? I emailed you a couple of times to let you know that I had one, but you never answered.

Otto

Yes, I found a whole shifter.

Yes the stock TBs will work OK. It depends on the level of improvement you're going for. My 1075 street motors with 29's would smoke stock GPz11 through the 1/4 mile.

With everything you collected so far, you have a very low $$$ initial investment. Something to be said for that ;)

Set it up, dial it in with the regulator and TPS. Then, if you want more, consider the throttle body mod. With you head and cams, it should make a nice improvement over stock TB's.

What I think you're going to find is for best performance you're going to have a sooty baffle. It's the nature of the beast. Keeping the bottom end richness under control is in the TPS. Use the adjustment method I described for that. It's better than the OEM guage.

I've seen them be right on with the blinking lights and then run better after we adjusted it the other way. :)

PS - IF you could scan the 83+ DFI wiring diagram and upload it, I'd sure like to have it.

Larry C
Last edit: 15 May 2009 05:49 by larrycavan.

More
15 May 2009 05:52 #291352 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Pods on F.I.
otakar wrote:

kzz1p wrote:

Love to get this on bike of the month one day- if it deserves it of course.
Tommotbird

It is a beautiful bike, I only have a problem with any "Kawasaki" which is lacking a Tail piece. That is what distinguished Kawasakis from other bikes in the old days. If you would like help installing the appropriate tail piece on the bike We would be more than happy to help. :blush: A Kawasaki without a tail piece is like a Scotsman going into battle without his kilt (If you know what I mean) It is fully functional and might even be lighter on its feet, but in battle, something just would look wrong. :woohoo: :blush:[/quote]exactly thats whats kept me going with this body style all these years! B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
30 May 2009 09:47 #295041 by otakar
I think that the CSR was what introduced this body stile without the tail piece. I just thought that they looked too much like the Yamaha XS1100 and some of the Hondas.

74 Z1-A stock
77 KZ-1000A stock
79 KZ-1300 (1400)
80 KZ-1300
82 KZ1000