!981 KZ650 H1

More
15 Jun 2016 12:09 #731525 by LuisCab
Replied by LuisCab on topic !981 KZ650 H1

GPzMOD750 wrote: If you don't want the big up swept mid pipe and muffler you can cut it anywhere and clamp or weld the can of your choice. Great bargain of you consider they are double walled stainless with cross overs. You can usually find them in the states for 150 usd shipped or better.

Yeah I found one on ebay, 99$ (see picture) plus like 75$ shipping to canada. Seems good price for the condition it is in.

If there are any other sites you know of let me know, but I think I'll order that one!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2016 14:18 #731546 by GPzMOD750
Replied by GPzMOD750 on topic !981 KZ650 H1
That's a decent deal. You might find something a little better but the seller probably wouldn't ship to Canada.

Mine was about $90 shipped with the can. But it's a bit beat up. I had to replace the clamps and repack the muffler. So I'm into it a good $150 anyway. It's worked great though and I plan on rebuilding it by putting a 3"mid pipe on it and a refurbed muzzy titanium muffler.

More
15 Jun 2016 16:58 #731560 by JR
Replied by JR on topic !981 KZ650 H1
Welcome to kzr Luis. Looks like you found excellent deals on the exhaust. For "local" supplier for other bits you might need check out
www.canadasmotorcycle.ca i believe theee guys are in the Montreal area and i have used them from time to time. Their prices are in $CDN

Also m.siriusconinc.com prices $US

Good luck

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

More
15 Jun 2016 17:15 #731562 by LuisCab

JR wrote: Welcome to kzr Luis. Looks like you found excellent deals on the exhaust. For "local" supplier for other bits you might need check out
www.canadasmotorcycle.ca i believe theee guys are in the Montreal area and i have used them from time to time. Their prices are in $CDN

Also m.siriusconinc.com prices $US

Good luck

Thanks yes I know Canada's motorcycle :) bought my jacket there! It was more for a big part like this is available on certain sites! I finished by buying the 4-1 I found!

More
15 Jun 2016 18:35 #731577 by GPzMOD750
Replied by GPzMOD750 on topic !981 KZ650 H1
To get back to the other issues. Have you contacted the shop? If so, what did they say?

More
15 Jun 2016 18:45 #731580 by LuisCab

GPzMOD750 wrote: To get back to the other issues. Have you contacted the shop? If so, what did they say?

First couple of times (bad carburation, battery losing power) "oh it's normal stuff". Than I complained and he told me to fuck off to another shop (said that I wanted a ducati but that I paid for a kawa). IMO 6.5k$ I should have a fucking working bike in mint condition. The only new new parts are the electrica system (motogadget). He close shop not too long ago for a good reason. Basically robbed a bunch of people with his amateur work. Bike has a crazy look but shitty mechanical job.
done. Eventho the contract says that the bike is restored, I feel like it really wasn't. Just painted, stripped and cut (frame). Try to contact him eventho the shop was closed = no answer. Trying to see if I can bring some lega action againts him, because the company is still registered and up and running on the government because I feel like he scammed me. Now I know he opened a new ship but nothing in the motorcycle industry. Maybe you've heard : Little bastard bratt shop. (Motorcycle shop).

Anyways, I made a mistake that cost me a lot, now I have to repair the rest myself..

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
15 Jun 2016 18:59 #731581 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic !981 KZ650 H1
Freudian slip. Describes himself. Small claims is $10,000 here. :evil:
Steve

More
15 Jun 2016 22:30 - 16 Jun 2016 05:12 #731604 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic !981 KZ650 H1
Kawasaki service manual. jarlef z650 . the 1981 KZ650 pdf is in the Files section.

You may need to check the carburetor jetting. I would check the spark plug color --- maybe install new to get a better gauge of how lean the bike is running (guessing it's lean, not rich). In general you'll probably need 110-117 main jets, 17.5 pilot jets, & the the jet needles probably should have been raised.

What type of battery is it? Note: the bike needs a good, fully charged battery to run right. If it's in a state of discharge, the battery should be properly charged before riding the bike. I have a Scorpion AGM. and use a VC97 digital multimeter & Ctek US 0.8 smart charger.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2016 05:12 by martin_csr.

More
16 Jun 2016 04:58 #731619 by LuisCab

martin_csr wrote: Kawasaki service manual. jarlef z650 . the 1981 KZ650 pdf is in the Files section.

You may need to check the carburetor jetting. I would check the spark plug color --- maybe install new to get a better gauge of how lean the bike is running (guessing it's lean, not rich). In general you'll probably need 110-117 main jets, 17.5 pilot jets, & the jet needles probably should have been raised by changing the clip position (assuming it's a Canadian 650. on the USA models, there are no grooves, so shims have to be used). It's not that hard to do the jetting adjustments, even if you've never done carb work before. the carburetors may need to be synchronized with a vacuum gauge set afterwards. it may need to be done anyway.

What type of battery is it? Especially the wet-cell type, it may be that the battery wasn't properly serviced prior to installing it on the motorcycle. Note: the bike needs a good, fully charged battery to run right. If it's in a state of discharge, the battery should be properly charged before riding the bike. I have a Scorpion AGM. and use a VC97 digital multimeter & Ctek US 0.8 smart charger.

PS: poor running & battery problems aren't "normal stuff". you should be able to get the bike running like a top.

The battery is a lithium (shorai) battery. Problem was a relay that kept something on 24/7 so it was draining the battery. Redir the whole wiring and now it's good. For the carbs, I recently changed tbe needles. I now jave a dyno jet atage 3 (because of the cone filters). Got it tuned by my mechanic close to my house that is trust worthy. Spark pluga look good. I'll probsbly have to rejet the carbs once I get the new pipes yes!

More
16 Jun 2016 19:37 #731704 by LuisCab
Thanks! Also I was wondering, do you know the size of the spoke nut? I want to adjust them because some feel loose but I'm not sure what size they are. I mesured 7 mm but just want to make sure before I buy a tool to adjust them :)

More
17 Jun 2016 06:27 #731738 by rrsmsw9999
Replied by rrsmsw9999 on topic !981 KZ650 H1
The factory tool set has a spoke wrench if u have it. R

1980 KZ 1000E2
Crashed 6/2016

1980 KZ550A
Sold 3/2016

More
17 Jun 2016 06:50 #731743 by LuisCab
No I don't but, I'm going to NYC this afternoon, ill look to see if I can find the tool somewhere between Montreal and there haha!