!981 KZ650 H1

More
17 Jun 2016 08:54 #731755 by rrsmsw9999
Replied by rrsmsw9999 on topic !981 KZ650 H1
It is a simple H shape ended small wrench. just about any spoke wrench for a motorcycle will work, the rim parts are all metric. R

1980 KZ 1000E2
Crashed 6/2016

1980 KZ550A
Sold 3/2016

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2016 06:45 #731977 by LuisCab
Replied by LuisCab on topic !981 KZ650 H1
Found one thanks for the help guys. I promise this is my last question...Do any of you know the specs on the exhaust I took (2003 KAWASAKI ZR7S ZR750 EXHAUST). Pretty sure me 1-1/2 inch pipe doesn't fit on it (too small), so looking a a new one (yayyy) to make it fit on the new exhaust system, but I can't seem to find the hole size for the pipe..

Thanks.

More
19 Jun 2016 07:10 #731980 by GPzMOD750
Replied by GPzMOD750 on topic !981 KZ650 H1
If your asking for slip on size I'm I think it's 2 1/4" iirc. I'm pretty sure that's the size of the Kerker I have on there. It was a little loose so I wrapped the end of the pipe with aluminum muffler repair tape to act as a bushing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LuisCab

More
24 Jun 2016 10:43 #732663 by LuisCab
So I received the new pipes yeahh!!! Quick q, how tight do I have to put them on the engine? When I took the old ones out, the bolts were pretty easy to undo but not sure if it was done right. Now I put them like this (see picture). I'll cut the pipe and weld it shorter obviously!

Thanks
Attachments:

More
24 Jun 2016 11:36 #732669 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic !981 KZ650 H1
Did you install new copper crush washers at the exhaust ports? If so, you must tighten the nuts enough to pull the pipes in snug to the port and compress the crush washers. Once you get some crush, assuring no exhaust leaks occur, you don't need to tighten any further.

More
27 Jun 2016 07:37 #733026 by LuisCab
Hi,

Yes I did. Everything seems good. Just that since I changed the pipes, there is a stronger smell of gasoline. Also, I changed the jets a a month ago for some DynoJet stage 3 (because of the cone filters I have on the carbs) and since than, I'm doing like 18 mpg... Basically a fuel tank gives me for 130 km (I know because I got caught once and stalled on the highway without gas ^^ plus I have no fuel sensor light). Do you guys know up to what bigger size of a gas tank?

Thanks

More
24 Jul 2016 17:52 #736092 by LuisCab
Hi guys, back again! Bike is up and running (thanks for all the help with the pipes :D looks amazing) but I seem that have a recurrent problem. I can leave the bike off for a couple of days and start it no problem. I try to start it the next day, doesn't shoot and the battery drops voltage pretty quick. Check the voltage on it before starting it, was at 12.34(V). Should be enough to fire specially that the day before I started it. Old bike so no electrical stuff staying on once the bike is off. Charged the battery today put it on the bike, bike started and battery seemed to charge while the RPM's were over 2k. Based on this information I can discard that the stator is still working properly or am I wrong?

Any ideas ? Thanks.
Attachments:

More
24 Jul 2016 17:54 #736094 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic !981 KZ650 H1

LuisCab wrote: Hi guys, back again! Bike is up and running (thanks for all the help with the pipes :D looks amazing) but I seem that have a recurrent problem. I can leave the bike off for a couple of days and start it no problem. I try to start it the next day, doesn't shoot and the battery drops voltage pretty quick. Check the voltage on it before starting it, was at 12.34(V). Should be enough to fire specially that the day before I started it. Old bike so no electrical stuff staying on once the bike is off. Charged the battery today put it on the bike, bike started and battery seemed to charge while the RPM's were over 2k. Based on this information I can discard that the stator is still working properly or am I wrong?

Any ideas ? Thanks.

What is your charging voltage at 5000 rpm?