Zed 1015's comments were well taken. While watching and commenting on the other cooler thread, I've been quietly playing with mine.
The cooler was meant for a high pressure system. The hoses were 3/8. The fitting size was much smaller.
I cut the nipples off my old cooler, drilled and sweat soldered them to the couplings that came with it. The solder has a high tin content (no lead), so heat shouldn't be a problem. Just in case I flared the inside a little.
Being the lines were small with a O ring, the next step was to open the intakes more. .435"/ 11.08mm. The nipple ID is .434"/ 11.03mm.
There was a lot of meat there. Should work out pretty well.
Attachment 014-2.jpg not found
Now to run the lines. I'll prime the cooler before I put it into service.
More to come.
Looks good. Squirted a little paint on it. It's purdy. I may have to get some 90* barb fittings for it so the lines won't be hanging out and I can tuck them under the cooler, along the back bone, then down to the fittings.
Being the fittings on the cooler are 3/8" compression and I was able to open up the inlets to 1/2" 3/8" compression/ 1/2" barb don't exist not to mention 90*. So I had to make my own. Used a copper 90* street elbow, crimped the slip side with my flaring tool in a vice, cut a double barb fitting in half and soldered them together. Had to drill out the slag inside and they should work for now.
Well got them on. Had to make spacers to get the cooler away from the crash bar and let the clutch cable run where it needs to be. Used 3/8 fuel line and longer bolts. Nice and solid. Put some clear tubing on the inlets to keep dirt out while I get the rest of what I need.
Got some rain. Just enough to dirty up cars. Snow on the mountain though.