1992 Kz1000P Sticky black Goo on spark plugs

• hardworkinpd
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
09 Oct 2015 06:47 #693926 by hardworkinpd
Replied by hardworkinpd on topic 1992 Kz1000P Sticky black Goo on spark plugs
Well guys I'm pretty sure *we* got the fuel tap/pet cock and carbs are fixed, Thank You.!
Things I learned here were mainly when bench testing the floats keep the gas tank and carbs as close as possible as what they would be on the bike, don't just rely on setting the hieght of the floats, Do the "tube" test, polishing the gas needle seats and have the fuel tap notch pointed to the Back of the bike. Also even if working in a well ventilated area when running the bike on the center stand for a length of time for testing purposes keep a fan on the engine, these are air cooled engines.
Now I find that for sure I have oil in cylinder 4 and maybe others (makes sense as per the title of this thread), somebody here had mentioned that, compression test time. Also some people had mentioned coils because of the tachometer jumping and yeah one of my coils started melting. Sorry for having this thread go all over the place at times.

It will be a while before I get started on that due to Money and time.

Again Thanks Ed, Jack and EVERYBODY For Your Knowledge, It Is Greatly Appreciated ! Kip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.