1st Post, 1st KZ, 1st problem... (starter clutch)

More
20 Mar 2015 07:52 #665022 by KZB2 650

Randombeat wrote: do i need a clutch basket tool?

Yes although the guy doing the work may have one ......Check out the clutch basket tool thread in the tools section ............. O ya and sorry but you still need the sprocket and the assembly cause I just called CCparts and they said they would need to order those from Kawasaki and THEY DON"T HAVE THEM.

Partzilla told me on the 13193-1062 its on National back order with no date from Kawasaki on when they may be available..... and the 12046-1032 is not available !!!

1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Randombeat
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 0 to 100 real quick...
More
20 Mar 2015 08:01 #665024 by Randombeat
Replied by Randombeat on topic 1st Post, 1st KZ, 1st problem... (starter clutch)

KZB2 650 wrote:

Yes although the guy doing the work may have one ......Check out the clutch basket tool thread in the tools section ............. O ya and sorry but you still need the sprocket and the assembly cause I just called CCparts and they said they would need to order those from Kawasaki and THEY DON"T HAVE THEM.

Partzilla told me on the 13193-1062 its on National back order with no date from Kawasaki on when they may be available..... and the 12046-1032 is not available !!!

so these companies are in the business of taking your money, but not having the parts? Ive paid them already....

1980 KZ750H LTD-- pods-- vance & hines 4-1 --speedo/tach/blinker/switch deletes -- brat style

More
20 Mar 2015 08:07 #665025 by KZB2 650
I just ordered the sprocket from Z power they are the only ones I can find that have it (thanks Ed !!!)......make sure you have a jar of Vasoline ready cause you'll need it ...... they may have the 13193-1062 but I didn't check .... either gonna hold out for Kawasaki on that one or hoping my parts bike is in decent shape since it wasn't started since the late 80s.

1978 KZ650 b-2
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.

More
20 Mar 2015 08:10 #665026 by KZB2 650

Randombeat wrote:

KZB2 650 wrote:

Partzilla did that to me for a good month ... and have heard more than a few do it so yes your right.

so these companies are in the business of taking your money, but not having the parts? Ive paid them already....

1978 KZ650 b-2

• Randombeat
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 0 to 100 real quick...
More
20 Mar 2015 08:26 #665027 by Randombeat
Replied by Randombeat on topic 1st Post, 1st KZ, 1st problem... (starter clutch)
Well, i went ahead and bought that used parts lot that i was looking at. its got the whole assembly in it, that i can rebuild.

Hopefully the sprocket, or my sprocket, will be in re-usable shape. Ill just do it myself, with the help of a friend, and worst case i wont be out any labor.

if i call Cheapcycle and they tell me they cant get the parts ive already paid for, will they allow me to substitute more items, such as a rebuild kit, oil pan gasket, ect ect? or is this going to turn into me being out 200$ for 2 months?

i shouldve called them first. im kicking myself now. i had just enough money to buy the new parts and pay for labor. if they hold my money forever, its gonna be that much longer i dont get to ride.

1980 KZ750H LTD-- pods-- vance & hines 4-1 --speedo/tach/blinker/switch deletes -- brat style

• Randombeat
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 0 to 100 real quick...
More
20 Mar 2015 08:36 #665028 by Randombeat
I just checked the cheap cycle site, and the price on the asssembly is 7$ cheaper today, then what i paid....

why/how can they adjust price on a part they dont even have?

this is really getting to me. I may take a half day off work, just so i can call them myself and get it from the horses mouth....

***bangs head against locker***

• Randombeat
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 0 to 100 real quick...
More
26 Mar 2015 19:55 #665361 by Randombeat
arwell guys, i got an email today saying all parts have shipped!!! so anyone whos wanting new starter clutch, and gear, i had sucess from cheapcycleparts.com

theyre 20$ cheaper right now then i paid also... 89 for the clutch and 49 for the gear (currently).

Ill let you guys know when they arrive!