KZ Turbo Usage History

More
20 Aug 2013 09:35 - 20 Aug 2013 09:36 #602277 by NakedFun
Replied by NakedFun on topic KZ Turbo Usage History

crh wrote:

les holt wrote: 530 dRZ2 pure drag race chain. Already wore out and will be replacing when the new chain gets here

Les

Thanks Les. Don't happen to know the diameter of the rear tire do you?

Cory,

Those are some credentials you've got :) I would enjoy a conversation sometime.

No problem Larry, anytime.

Cory

2008 Kawasaki Concours 14
1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
1976 Kawasaki KZ900
Last edit: 20 Aug 2013 09:36 by NakedFun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2013 03:23 #602746 by badrhino
Replied by badrhino on topic KZ Turbo Usage History

wireman wrote: Thats cosmetic stuff there sunshine,that head was already ported. :whistle:
Some people actually pay attention to details.
Yeah thats old school thinking on the turbo head porting,but heres a news flash it actually works really good.
I think the picture of Jeffs friends bike proves that point with what its capable of. ;)

I wished I could get my head back from you one of these days. A phone call or an answer to one of my PM's would be nice. What has it been now ..... 4 months.

1980 KZ1000 with a 1982 KZ1000J motor with 1100 pistons and heads, Vance & Hines, 29MM Smooth Bores, Work in Progress
Franken Z!

• 4TheKZ1000
  • Visitor
23 Aug 2013 13:23 - 24 Sep 2013 21:16 #602781 by 4TheKZ1000
Replied by 4TheKZ1000 on topic KZ Turbo Usage History

badrhino wrote:

wireman wrote: Thats cosmetic stuff there sunshine,that head was already ported. :whistle:
Yeah thats old school thinking on the turbo head porting,but heres a news flash it actually works really good.
I think the picture of Jeffs friends bike proves that point with what its capable of. ;)

I wished I could get my head back from you one of these days. A phone call or an answer to one of my PM's would be nice. What has it been now ..... 4 months.

ANYONE who trust wireman with their stuff could be swindled. I sent him money to produce a part and he kept my money and no part. Flat out stole my money. DONT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY. I'm not the only one on here either.....just a heads up.
Last edit: 24 Sep 2013 21:16 by 4TheKZ1000.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
23 Aug 2013 15:24 #602797 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic KZ Turbo Usage History

4TheKZ1000 wrote:

badrhino wrote:

ANYONE who trust this guy with their stuff could be swindled. I sent him money to produce a part and he kept my money and no part. Flat out stole my money. DONT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY. I'm not the only one on here either.....just a heads up.

Such a Shame :blush:
Doing Square Business is not that hard ;)
I have met some Great Folk on this site that will do anything for a fellow Kaw rider.
Some have become true friends.. B) B) B) I was raised to live by, Your word is your honor and speaks of your Integrity . I hope those who cant perform as promised stop hurting our KZ Rider Brothers and Sisters.
We all bond here on this site for a common love of our classic bikes. Not to Shit on those who come here needing help and advise.

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

More
23 Aug 2013 19:45 #602810 by les holt
Replied by les holt on topic KZ Turbo Usage History
True friends! few and far between Dave and nearly impossible to find. I know of one in Michigan!;)
Secondly, I've been zinged here a few times and have yet to get upset. They were ultimately my decisions to deal with such situations and so I choose responsibility. All in all, lessons learned and on I go! I know I have had things not go well for me and I understand mistakes happen so, Why should I be the bearer of bad news. There are plenty of clues showing peoples real character as to the business dealings you should expect.. I'm not perfect and don't expect perfection from my fellow man, just make it right. :)

Les
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

More
24 Aug 2013 05:14 #602849 by Lorcan
Replied by Lorcan on topic KZ Turbo Usage History

NakedFun wrote: All,

Looking at possibly doing a turbo. Was wondering if anyone out there would be willing to share the model of turbo (Manufacturer and Frame Size) that they are using along with any comments on engine usage and modifications. I am a former turbo charger engineer and trying to get a general idea of what families to start with so I can start running breathing lines, swallowing curves, etc... I'll need to narrow my search so I can get both compressor maps and turbine maps. Any information would be appreciated.

Cory

Turbobygarrett.com have an excellent turbo configurator program. My first question to you would be how much power do you want to make and what will the intended use be? Street only? I ran a T25 on my 810cc bike for a while, it was great for the street and made 196hp at 23psi but that was it's limit. It made no more power at 30psi. For the street now I'd probably be looking at the GT range, the GT2056 is an excellent little performer.

760cc - 8.69@162mph
810cc, 211mph www.750turbo.com
www.stormdragbike.com

More
24 Aug 2013 10:20 - 24 Aug 2013 10:22 #602865 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic KZ Turbo Usage History
Have any of you used this place for RaJay parts?

gpopshop.com/rajay-kits/

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,
Last edit: 24 Aug 2013 10:22 by Jeff.Saunders. Reason: .

More
24 Aug 2013 11:00 #602870 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic KZ Turbo Usage History
Not mine. CraigsList Houston-KAWASAKI KZ TURBO CHAGER SYSTEM (Jones & 1960)

Have a almost complete about 95% parts KZ 900 or kz1000 NEW TUBERCHARGER SYSTEM,never been used.This system sales for over $3800.00 here in town ,you do the math MAKE YOUR BEST OFFER.it will go fast Call zzz-zzz-zzzz what you see in picture is what you get thats all i got.

More
24 Aug 2013 11:16 #602872 by les holt
Replied by les holt on topic KZ Turbo Usage History
I used gpop for both of my builds. Very happy with them. Getting ready to send a couple wounded turbos to them for a rebuilds.

Les

More
25 Aug 2013 08:16 #602962 by Lorcan
Replied by Lorcan on topic KZ Turbo Usage History
GPop also do rebuilds and kits for the Hitachi HT10b turbo - standard equipment on the 750 turbo. Members on my site have had nothing but good service from them.

760cc - 8.69@162mph
810cc, 211mph www.750turbo.com
www.stormdragbike.com

More
25 Aug 2013 09:03 #602966 by Powerstroke_fan
Replied by Powerstroke_fan on topic KZ Turbo Usage History
You guys dont rebuild your own turbos? I have rebuilt several 7.3 powerstroke garret turbos. And rebuilt two seqential twin turbo setups for 6.4 powerstrokes. Theyre easy to rebuild and the twins even had vgts to mess with. They were really pretty simple.

1980 kz1000B4 LTD- 1327cc 9-1 comp
Ported J model head
Psp-3x cams
RS 36s
Welded MK11 crank
Back-cut MK11 trans
MTC 2 stage lock up
Stretched 4-6 over running Hayabusa rear rim with 190 rear tire
Complete frame brace kit installed
And Much Much more- SOLD

2014- ZX14R all stock for now

More
25 Aug 2013 13:35 #603003 by NakedFun
Replied by NakedFun on topic KZ Turbo Usage History
Agreed. As long as you take your time a check your specs like compressor nut torque and axial/ radial play very simple to build. One word of caution is to buy parts from reputable sources as if you buy some off brand suppliers you can get spare parts that are not zero balanced and have to balance them as an assembly afterwards which take some specialized equipment and skills.

Cory

2008 Kawasaki Concours 14
1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
1976 Kawasaki KZ900