is my motor blown?

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
19 Sep 2010 10:08 - 19 Sep 2010 10:10 #399894 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic is my motor blown?
just got off the phone with Joe...figured i might post a few pics to show him my bikes that dont run right..:woohoo:

Joe i like your plan...get the bike back from your buddy and stay on task...get the harness and make it look like a bike....we'll get your compression thing solved...having the title is a great start....the other stuff will work out...maybe you see a runner now for nothing too.....

it works that way...you show one KZ a little love and word gets out..:)

the other Kz's hear about what a nice owner you are and how money is no object to you,and they show up at your door...

i'm running a homeless shelter for abused kawasakis''''it's the least i can do in these troubling times...

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 19 Sep 2010 10:10 by trianglelaguna.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
19 Sep 2010 10:09 #399895 by kz1k
Replied by kz1k on topic is my motor blown?
thanks everyone for the info. it wont be until tuesday that i get my kz back, but until then your thoughts and info are great. i miss my non running bike...lol

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

WHY FART AND WASTE IT, WHEN YOU CAN BURP AND TASTE IT?

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
19 Sep 2010 10:12 #399896 by trianglelaguna
click on the pick...and you can see where my bank account went...in there is 5 of the six bikes in my signiture....

the green 900 center runs and the others...they got issues..:woohoo:

we are gonna stick it out though me and them...cause we got love...and thats all ya need

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
19 Sep 2010 10:16 #399899 by trianglelaguna
staying on task and watching local c-list like a hawk put this rare MKII in my life...and after struggleing to make it home on it and a bit of changes since,i may be getting to ride it soon(timing the DYNA II today)....but it was a bad feeling to not be able to just ride it right away...it will be good to start seeing what i need to get it to handle great and rip it up baby...

click pick...to see a rare MKII..c-list 600.00...it happens quiet often really...

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
19 Sep 2010 10:18 - 19 Sep 2010 10:19 #399900 by kz1k
Replied by kz1k on topic is my motor blown?
awesome shop craig. yeah man im ganna stick it out. im in for the long haul. i am hoping its not the worst case scenerio. stick around...im ganna need some help. this is all new to me, and thats the truth.

just cracked a beer, i need to relax and let time take its course. THANK YOU KZ!

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

WHY FART AND WASTE IT, WHEN YOU CAN BURP AND TASTE IT?
Last edit: 19 Sep 2010 10:19 by kz1k.

More
19 Sep 2010 10:22 #399901 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic is my motor blown?
You got that MK for 600...you pig!!:ohmy:

1977 KZ1000 A-1

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
19 Sep 2010 10:22 - 19 Sep 2010 10:23 #399902 by trianglelaguna
when i was trying to start this at the fire sale -house auction...it was really greasy and not wanting to kick..i hooked a car charger to it and it was acting like the motor was locked up...my emotions have been like a roller coaster since i first saw it tucked in a corner...glee...terror...glee...sad...so we know what your going through...and every week someone post...Got it running!!!!....and it keeps me dreaming of the projects i have reaching the running stage...

this bike...in my mind was screwed....it was not going into gear when i first saw it..turns out this yr had to be running or rolling to select a gear...i was soooooo sad,i thought it was blown trans.....shows the kind of stuff that can trick ya...

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 19 Sep 2010 10:23 by trianglelaguna.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
19 Sep 2010 10:27 #399903 by trianglelaguna
i'll be right back...my alarm went off ...time to check c-list...Sandy wrote:

You got that MK for 600...you pig!!:ohmy:

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
19 Sep 2010 10:43 #399907 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic is my motor blown?
903 is what the block started its career as ,not nessesarily what it is currently.you can run anything from 903 to 1197 in that same block depending on which sleeves it has.
have him run a leak down test to tell you where its leaking from,could just be a bunch of way out of wack valves causing a lot of your problem B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
19 Sep 2010 10:56 #399922 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic is my motor blown?
OK, I'm taking a wild guess here so here goes...

I gave my bike to a guy off the web, I don't know him or his KZ experience but I trust him :blink: , he said my engine is going to cost big bucks but I don't have any money etc.... WTF already.....:S

Have you even opened the valve cover up to see if the damn camshaft/valves are even timed correctly?

How in the hell do you know he did a compression check correctly on your engine?

Have you performed a compression test or leak down test yourself?

We replied back for you on your other posts but no confirmation just more ramblings....

Seriously, your jumping all over the place like an ADD kid on crack....

You'll never get this bike right the way your going... One moment you had spark (not sure if it fired or not in all your postings) the next you don't... A guy came over and it had fire but now it doesn't.... Now the compression blah-blah-blah....

SLOW THE HELL DOWN..... Get an OEM manual, study it, not just read it... Go through the manual and learn your bikes internals, electrical, carbs etc.... Study the mechanical images & diagrams while looking at your engine components...

Then ask your questions where everyone will be more then happy to help you.

We informed you of this in your very first posting about what it takes to own/restore a 30 year old motorcycle... There is no cure all answer so you can just go ride other then go buy a Honda rebel...

The majority of us spent over 2 years studying, learning and restoring our KZ's... This is not a weekend project but one of research, patience, time and some $$$...

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

More
19 Sep 2010 10:59 #399923 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic is my motor blown?
and i bet theres a 903 stamped on the front of omrs cylinder also B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
19 Sep 2010 11:03 #399926 by trianglelaguna
hey man be cool dave...the guys just getting into kz's and he is keeping on task...lay into him like he's an idiot will ya...fuck sake...folks around here think everyone has the same skill level built up...we don't...some folks are are better at stuff..some better at others...latley there is a lot of folks giving lectures and acting likr they are on a pro mechanics chat room,,,it aint all that...all types here boys...and being nasty...what is this a ducati club...guy is loving his KZ and working on it...be nice..

OMR getting spanked...

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife