Fast By Gast

More
10 Jan 2010 17:01 #342489 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic Fast By Gast
saxjonz wrote:

Here is a question not totally unrelated to this post and Jay I think maybe you may be able to answer this question and for this post might help this guy who wants to get his bike done so that he may ride it well on the street.

I know all of these products you guys sell work incredibly well on the quarter mile at a time philosophy but on the street it becomes a different story altogether for those of us who unlike people who build the snot out of their bikes and ride them about an oil change a season.

I have two questions... no. 1 I have a question about the heavy duty studs that are about a millimeter thicker than the stock studs that most go to when they build the bike stronger. My question is this...when all of the studs are a millimeter thicker than the stock studs including the studs that the oil channels up through before it goes back down. Do any of you think that perhaps this design robs the top end of adequate lubrication? I mean seriously maybe not when bike is warmed up but at idle? there is not much space for the oil to go up and I think perhaps this possibly may be the cause of premature wear and heat damage to the top end? Now I absolutely have no idea but it seems an intelligent guess that the holes that the oil is transported to the top is lessened by the heavy duty studs it stands to reason that the bike might be a little starved for oil. Not sure just asking an intelligent question for those in the know who have the real experience with building bikes. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the two back outside studs stay the stock size? I'm not an engineer but it just seems to reason that the less space the oil has to travel the less oil there will be to travel up those galleys.

No. 2 is with the 1075 kit the two piece gasket and o ring is lost for a one piece gasket and permagasket. Wouldn't it stand to reason on a street bike to make a two piece gasket and retain the stock oil rubber to seal the oil galley from the timing chain? What would be the harm in cutting a gasket in to two pieces to match the stock gaskets and utilizing the rubber oring? Would that be a wrong thing to do? I can understand using a one piece gasket with drag racing your bike as every season you tear the bike down but I put a butload of miles on my bike every season and don't want to deal with tearing the top end down every season just to put a gasket on because it starts to leak and wondering if there is enough oil getting to the top end to properly lubricate with those heavy duty studs. Would it be wrong to have all the studs heavy duty save the two back outside studs where the oil travels up?

I am just asking these questions as it seems all the power bikes are usually geared toward the quarter mile and it seems no one thinks about the guy who likes to thrash his bike on the street and put some long distance miles which occassionaly includes getting caught in some heavy rain. Anyone??????

not having one in front of me, what would prevent one from using the 1 pc gasket and the stock rubber o'ring?..
i m going to guess the o'ring is too fat?....just thinking out loud i guess...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
12 Jan 2010 05:44 #342654 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Fast By Gast
keith1 wrote:

saxjonz wrote:

not having one in front of me, what would prevent one from using the 1 pc gasket and the stock rubber o'ring?..

too fat? yes.

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

• 9am53
  • User
  • homebrew, and some bbq
More
12 Jan 2010 05:53 #342657 by 9am53
Replied by 9am53 on topic Fast By Gast
mark1122 wrote:

keith1 wrote:

saxjonz wrote:

too fat? yes.

geez, I'm on a diet

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
12 Jan 2010 06:13 #342662 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Fast By Gast
Ha,Ha, as u should be . U fat bastard. lol.:P
Just kidding bro.

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)