big block streetability,in all seriousness

More
09 Nov 2009 17:47 #332461 by jordan
Replied by jordan on topic big block streetability,in all seriousness
i would like to run about a 6" over arm, is that out of line?

KZ810 streetfighter kz/gpz/gsxr
1983 gs1100e
1979 KZ 1000 1428 dragbike project
1974 kawasaki H1 500 sold :(
1972 Kawasaki s2 350-parted on ebay :(
1973 Kawasaki s2 350-parted on ebay :(
1982 kz750(sold)
1978 kz650 hardtail(sold)
1975 honda xl250-sold
1971 yamaha R5-sold
1982 yamaha xs400

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2009 17:49 #332462 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic big block streetability,in all seriousness
not at all,im just trying to bait em with mine by keeping it closer to stock looking.turbos and nitrous bottles were dealer installed options in 74 dont ya know! :laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
09 Nov 2009 17:56 #332465 by jordan
:) i cant wait to wipe the smile off all these punk kids riding around here. Or roll into the next sportbike parking lot meeting full of new rockets covered in neon and shiny things. Its just an old kaw, i swear B)

1983 gs1100e
1982 kz750(sold)
1975 honda xl250-sold
1971 yamaha R5-sold
1982 yamaha xs400

• kzz1p
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
09 Nov 2009 18:17 #332481 by kzz1p
Replied by kzz1p on topic big block streetability,in all seriousness
larrycavan wrote:

kzz1p wrote:

You should think bigger!

You can run 10's with a 1075 with pistons, cams, 29's and a stock head (other then valve springs)

With a big motor you should be going faster, save it for the track..........

You can run mid 9's all day long with under 1015cc if the motor is done right & chassis is setup properly ;) and it doesn't need anything larger than 31mm carbs :)

But it's not going to run on the street without race fuel, the valve springs will not live a long life and it would be a total pain in the arse to contend with on a daily basis.

No matter what the approach, the first consideration is how much money can be put into the project. It adds up pretty quickly, much faster than the dream to build it turns into reality.

Then let's not forget there's the small matter of the chassis that needs to be gone through :huh:

We have all seen different things and have different experiences in the motorcycle world.

I am talking about pump gas and a stock chassis(WM6 rear wheel) and valve springs that last for years.

I didn't say 1015cc because it requires porting to get into the 10's, however with porting and bolt in cams, it can run in the high 10's(stock 1015 pistons or high compression). I have seen them with bigger Norris cams run 10:38 and be ridden to work five days a week, for years. And is still being ridden to this day........

Our local Kawasaki shop has built and sold many 1075's with only cams, valve springs, valve job, pistons, carbs and header. Nothing fancy but able to run in the 10's. They use a cam that is close to the ones, Jay does with his 1075 (low lift)street motors.

There are many ways to get the job done, it helps to be open minded. Some of the most redneck looking and sounding stuff, can blow you in the weeds.

All I can say, if you build a big block, make sure it will beat small bore motors or you will feel like crap, when everyone laughs at you..........

More
09 Nov 2009 18:28 #332486 by arai59
Replied by arai59 on topic big block streetability,in all seriousness
PLUMMEN wrote:

around 3 is the most i personally would reccomend for a bike spending any time on the street.thats what im running with 3" over arm B)

What is scarier than caca is you have the nads to reccomend anything. A total misfit with a Barney Clark giving advise to people who believe your nonsense. Unbelievable. BTW.....that toilet you replaced for me is now backing up everyday. Wanna stick your noggin into it and have a look see ?:laugh:

• kzz1p
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
09 Nov 2009 18:37 #332487 by kzz1p
Replied by kzz1p on topic big block streetability,in all seriousness
jordan wrote:

btw i cant remember where i came across this picture of somebody's raking method. Does it look safe? Seems kinda like the wrong way of going about doing it.

I have seen this done before, not good or safe. There was a group in my area that did them that way. They do it with a torch and no frame jig. One of the best shops for raking is a place called Jennings Manufactoring. They did the run off work for Kosman(raking, triple frames, Z1 frame brace kits,etc) They chuck up the frame and then mill the head out of it. Then they mill in the new head angle, then stall a new head with bearings, then weld it into place.

They are not a bike shop, they make other stuff but bike parts, help pay the bills. I havn't been there in years, but I have been there 3 or 4 times on field trips.

More
09 Nov 2009 18:38 #332488 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic big block streetability,in all seriousness
arai59 wrote:

PLUMMEN wrote:

around 3 is the most i personally would reccomend for a bike spending any time on the street.thats what im running with 3" over arm B)

What is scarier than caca is you have the nads to reccomend anything. A total misfit with a Barney Clark giving advise to people who believe your nonsense. Unbelievable. BTW.....that toilet you replaced for me is now backing up everyday. Wanna stick your noggin into it and have a look see ?:laugh:

obviously your so full of shit , your eyes are brown..thats why you get the dirty teabag wash every time ya flush....cmon man, grab a shovel and help yourself...move the double-wide over a few feet and dig a new hole....non-thinking rebels....:laugh: :laugh:

More
09 Nov 2009 18:59 #332496 by arai59
keith1 wrote:

arai59 wrote:

PLUMMEN wrote:

obviously your so full of shit , your eyes are brown..thats why you get the dirty teabag wash every time ya flush....cmon man, grab a shovel and help yourself...move the double-wide over a few feet and dig a new hole....non-thinking rebels....:laugh: :laugh:

Keith...........I have a new found respect for you.:laugh: Even though you smell like a used dildo.:laugh:

More
09 Nov 2009 19:09 #332502 by jordan
arai59 wrote:

keith1 wrote:

arai59 wrote:

PLUMMEN wrote:

Keith...........I have a new found respect for you.:laugh: Even though you smell like a used dildo.:laugh:

Well keith, depending on which hole u were used in u could be a very smelly dildo, :laugh:

sry, just tryin to get a laugh out of all

1983 gs1100e
1982 kz750(sold)
1975 honda xl250-sold
1971 yamaha R5-sold
1982 yamaha xs400

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
09 Nov 2009 19:09 #332503 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic big block streetability,in all seriousness
theik is that what that smell is...i thought it was prune juice...or seafoam.......

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
09 Nov 2009 21:06 #332548 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic big block streetability,in all seriousness
this thread has been very entertaining .

let me just try to inject my opinion.

it's YOUR motor. build what you want.
we ride big cc bikes here and no one has melted down yet.
but they are also NOT daily drivers. ( well not anything over an 1105 )
more cc's mean less gas mileage and a motor that will not last as long, that is the bottom line.

we ALL have a bike we ride to work or whatever.
owning one bike just sucks.

we have a member here that has a bad ass 1200 he flogs the hell out of.
anyone remember riveman?
more money in his bike then i could ever afford.

i guess it's a personal choice here and neither side is right.
we have the guys who think anything but stock sucks ( you all know ron :laugh: )
and we have the performance guys.

we all should be happy we have larryc and apejay and lorcan as members.

why are we bitching about petty crap all ready?
much too soon for cabin fever to be setting in.

btw, here is rivman's bike

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.
Attachments:

More
09 Nov 2009 21:19 #332551 by arai59
Yeah Steve.....Joey's bike is the caca.......heck when I visited with him he offered it to me to ride. I declined for certain reasons but his bike is the stuff. And I have pics too. One thing that makes his bike very special...........no idiot from KZR had anything to do with it.:laugh: