big block streetability,in all seriousness

More
08 Nov 2009 19:15 #332232 by arai59
Replied by arai59 on topic big block streetability,in all seriousness
Just goes to show.........cant trust the guru's around here. Call Jay already.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2009 19:19 #332235 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic big block streetability,in all seriousness
arai59 wrote:

Just goes to show.........cant trust the guru's around here. Call Jay already.

now thats funny,idont care who you are! :laugh: jay pushes bigblock bigcam/compression sales harder than anyone around here! :laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
08 Nov 2009 19:28 #332243 by arai59
Replied by arai59 on topic big block streetability,in all seriousness
Yeah for competition.....leave it to you Chauncy.......to confuse the masses with midwest intelligence.:laugh:

More
08 Nov 2009 19:33 - 08 Nov 2009 19:35 #332245 by PLUMMEN
right there in his link with the bigblock/piston kits it says streetable compression and cams ,and hes been on here several times talking about building bigblock street motors for customers without problems B) right there with the 1327/1390 piston/bigblock kit :laugh:

Last edit: 08 Nov 2009 19:35 by PLUMMEN.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
08 Nov 2009 19:37 #332248 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic big block streetability,in all seriousness
The days get warm and a noon day summers sun is in the sky...i pull up to a stop light...warm gooey pavement reflecting the day like a solar oven....the minivan in front of me is lost and waits as the light snaps to green...meanwhile...my monster motor slowly begins to eat it's own asshole with a fork...finally the van creeps ahead at 15 mph looking for it's u-turn to wal mart....i follow along,lurching,ticking,popping, and steaming oil from my hair thin gaskets,finger on the NOS button waiting to be king of the city.......a moped weeves between cars and zipps away.....it's a girl with purple hair on a 50 cc chinese knock off.....i'll get her next time ......i promise....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
08 Nov 2009 19:44 #332250 by trianglelaguna
hey pauly ....we gotta get this batman bike done in time for the show......pull the trailer around and we can load it up for the ride there.....were gonna be late ...it's 12 blocks away and traffic is thick.....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• kzz1p
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
08 Nov 2009 20:03 #332256 by kzz1p
Replied by kzz1p on topic big block streetability,in all seriousness
trianglelaguna wrote:

The days get warm and a noon day summers sun is in the sky...i pull up to a stop light...warm gooey pavement reflecting the day like a solar oven....the minivan in front of me is lost and waits as the light snaps to green...meanwhile...my monster motor slowly begins to eat it's own asshole with a fork...finally the van creeps ahead at 15 mph looking for it's u-turn to wal mart....i follow along,lurching,ticking,popping, and steaming oil from my hair thin gaskets,finger on the NOS button waiting to be king of the city.......a moped weeves between cars and zipps away.....it's a girl with purple hair on a 50 cc chinese knock off.....i'll get her next time ......i promise....

That's one of the most truthful answers I have heard. Sounds like a joke, but so true.

• kzz1p
  • User
More
08 Nov 2009 20:06 #332257 by kzz1p
Has anyone re-read the first line of the OP?

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
08 Nov 2009 20:11 #332258 by trianglelaguna
you mean the dragbike part...i'm just poking fun at a dragbikes for the street....see alot of em for sale on e-bay...seems they are not as much fun to ride as they were to build....is all

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
08 Nov 2009 20:24 #332262 by PLUMMEN
if youre riding a bigblock bike in front of a walmart in rush hour traffic you need to rethink your prioritys! :laugh: i know of plenty of hotrodded 900-1105 motors that go into convulsions when they sit idling too long.if ya build a 9sec motor with lots of compression and big cams and a rack of huge carbs its gonna run hot i dont care what it is,now if you build a streetable motor with lower compression decent camshafts and carbs that dont require a 1/4 turn throttle to keep em from loading up it will live a lot happier life no matter what block its in. B) i think some people spend way too much time looking atwhat the dragracing crowd and certain websites push onto everybody,what works on a bike running down the track for 10 seconds then gets cooled down for 30 minutes before next pass does not work on a streetbike.like big freaking ported heads /435 cams/34-38mm carbs/sidewinder headers..... these are high rpm power making parts.ive said too many times on here for a streetbike youre spending the majority of your time between 3000 or so and maybe 6000 rpms thats where you want your parts to make power,not 9000! a big inch pump gas motor that breathes decently and idles decently will hold up just as well in the heat as a high strung little motor.i realize its tough for greg and craig to grasp this since between the 2 of them i would guess they could probably change oil and maybe the plugs if somebody gapped em for them,but its a baby step program :woohoo:

• kzz1p
  • User
More
08 Nov 2009 20:33 #332268 by kzz1p
I'm just saying, If you walk into a race shop, they will ask "How fast do you want to go" or "How much do you want to spend?"

So my question is, Jordan, How fast do you want to go?
8 sec, 9 sec, 10 sec ?

That will determine if it's streetable or not?

When you said Flat Slides, you didn't say what kind? I'm thinking FBG's, easy to tune? Ya Right! Made for bottom end power, Ya Right! East to keep in syn, Ya Right!

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
08 Nov 2009 20:33 #332269 by trianglelaguna
i put in too much oil last time and can barley gap my plugs right... i got one wants to cross thread....never built a motor or synced a carb rack.......

rode to work everyday this week and went through two tanks a gas in the last ten days.........rode my bike to the corkscrew to eat a sandwich the other day too....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife