Is it my imagination or or the

More
07 May 2016 18:37 #725129 by ezrider714
Is it my imagination or or the was created by ezrider714
Prices seeming to increase quite a bit at Z1. They used to be my go to place to order parts, but lately the prices seem to be getting out of line and the selection seems to be dwindling??
Another issue is I have had to make 3 new accounts for some reason in the last year and a half. maybe I missed the explanation or is there even one?? Clicking on a bookmark and getting to a site and ordering parts is much easier than filling out forms (with the info they already have) with greasy hands.
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a much less hassle free buying experience
Thanks
EZ

78 KZ650SR Mine since 79
4-1 Mac Jet Hot coated since mid 80's
Dyna Coils
Saddlebags (I ain't skeered of going nowhere) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
07 May 2016 19:17 #725132 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic Is it my imagination or or the
Hey Ghost Rider (Dave Mann) where ya been? It' been years.
I think Jeff Saunders Z1 ent. was bought up from a place in Florida. He was down for a while last year.
Almost hate to say, like a corporate decision to merge with the Bigger Guy! Jeff could not handle on his own. Paying the note each month on his inventory. They are still working in Rochester (Marion), NY. But who knows? It's like Amazon. They sell everything as a third party?
Search a part and Amazons software finds it, sells it to you cheap! WTF! How long before a chip is implanted in our brain?????
And evil hillary tells us what to do each morning! Remember 2001 a space odessy? Hale!!!

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
07 May 2016 19:24 #725134 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Is it my imagination or or the
I've heard that too. It would be nice to know the REAL story.
Steve

More
07 May 2016 22:05 #725145 by Rockranch
Replied by Rockranch on topic Is it my imagination or or the
I get deliveries from both locations in Marion, NY and Tampa from my online orders. I does seem their parts selections are different, some new, some no longer available. I see now a large selection of Hagon shocks which I never saw before. And previous order histories were wiped out after last years...mmmm-errr... 'debacle?', which wld indicate a likely new company/partnership. Who knows. What I do know is my orders still arrive in 2 business days as before, if ordered in the mornings (3 hrs time difference between here and there).

Attachment 2016-01-28001001.JPG not found

Attachment 2016-01-28001004-2.JPG not found

.................................Mike

Vroom-vroom!!!

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1-all stock low mileage...
1 modified
1977 KZ1000 (awaiting resurrection!) :)
...and an old school Honda CB750 Chopper is next on my bucket list!

Oh...and a Pocket Rocket lol!!!
Attachments:

More
07 May 2016 22:13 - 07 May 2016 22:17 #725146 by Rockranch
Here are a couple other recent threads on the same subject and questions...

kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/600586-z1-enterprises-website

kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/601920...-feedback-on-service

.....................................Mike

Vroom-vroom!!!

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1 modified

Last edit: 07 May 2016 22:17 by Rockranch. Reason: inc...

More
07 May 2016 23:48 #725150 by ezrider714
Replied by ezrider714 on topic Is it my imagination or or the
Thanks to all the people that took the time to answer my inquiry
However I don't think anyone addressed the price issue, most were about quick deliveries which was one of the reasons I used them alot. But looking for some parts today I was astonished at some of the prices. At some point unless you have to make it to the track by Friday the cost vs delivery scale starts to tip the other direction.
Apparently whatever the fiasco was is the reason for having to create new accounts.
It also seems that alot of smaller vintage parts they used to carry are no longer anywhere to be found on the website.
Didn't Jeff Saunders used to frequent this site?? Can't he fill us in on what the hell is going on???
Just my 2 cents
EZ

78 KZ650SR Mine since 79
Dyna Coils

More
08 May 2016 05:52 #725161 by wrenchmonkey
Replied by wrenchmonkey on topic Is it my imagination or or the
Hey EZ,

As to price,
I can't say what a pair of fork seals and dust boots were a year ago, but when I searched for them about 2 weeks ago online at all the usual motorcycle sites, I found them on eBay, I found several offerings and the most attractive deal was, it turned out, from Z1's eBay store. When I realized this, I went over to their web site and ordered the parts directly so they don't have to pay some ridiculous eBay vendor charges. Got them in typical quick fashion. I've had only good experiences with Z1 this year as a new(February) customer.

Parts is a cutthroat, dog-eat-dog, business.
Customers only want the cheapest price but expect the highest quality.
Everyone talks about "Made In America" but nobody is willing to click the little (Buy It Now) button that costs even a buck more that the part pictured next to it, that was made in some underdeveloped nation and then price-inflated to a buck less... or so it seems.

The merchandise supply channels are typically in a state of flux and hobbled by international shipping restrictions that can delay multi-thousand dollar orders for unknown periods of time. So the vendor finds themselves standing on a trampoline-firm, timing and pricing source. Even when it means the vendor must sign new annual contracts committing to multi-thousands of dollars in production to be able to buy those fork dust covers for a competitive price. All of it, on the hopes their customer base will need some rare part only found on a single model of classic motorcycle. Talk about gambling with your future; gives you high blood pressure and heartburn at night to be the man in the middle, trying to make a valid living that puts food in your kid's mouth.

This is why I said "attractive" deal above. I have a limited budget for my motorcycle pursuits and like the rest of us, I shop around for the best deal. Why not? It's something I can do in my pajamas while slurping coffee in the morning! :laugh: But my point is that for me at least, I'd rather pay more for something, anything really, if I know the vendor is good and the parts they ship to me are too. We've all paid that awesome deal on Amazon and the whole time it's shipping over-night to you, your gut is turning because the price was too good to be true and ultimately the part arrives and... Mamma always said ... :pinch:

More
08 May 2016 06:22 #725164 by DK900
Replied by DK900 on topic Is it my imagination or or the
I don’t know how the pricing compares to what it was before; I just got into this restore. I have been recommended them several times, but when Z1 Parts Inc has the parts; they have cost less. As far as shipping; I placed a small order with Z1 Parts Inc to see how fast shipping was. I placed the order on-line on Sunday, parts shipped Tuesday and I had them Thursday. That was quicker than I expected from CA to TN.

When you are selling the same parts, by the same manufacturers; all that matters to me is price and how long they take to ship. I have no loyalties to either place; but my experience with Z1 Parts Inc. was positive. One thing I don’t like about them is that they will put stuff on eBay that is a lower price than on their website. Having to check eBay is BS, but it is what it is.

1976 KZ900-A4
1995 FLTCU Tourglide

More
08 May 2016 06:59 #725169 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic Is it my imagination or or the
Quick turn around same here, extremely happy.....

Nothing's for free and we should all just be happy that we can even get parts for these old Kaws....
Crap is getting harder and harder to even find any longer and there's only a few outlets left.
I realize this is possibly harsh Just the way it is so deal with it.

Check out prices elsewhere if you think Z1 is high, whoa the Japanese sites are ridiculously high $$$$...

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
08 May 2016 07:07 #725171 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Is it my imagination or or the
I have used both. Haven't bought from Z1E for two years. I bought some NOS dust boots from them $45 a piece, (must have been a mistake, I asked about it, no answer) they started falling apart within a year, I sent a email to ROB, nothing back. Other things happened as well. So I started shopping around. Z1parts inc, eBay Diablo, etc.
I bought my gauges from z1parts eBay store for $275 where online it would have been $411. Yeah I won the auction but I was the only one bidding. Been having issues with them and they sent me a new one almost a year later and will send me a Tach when it comes in.
BTW, they have aftermarket dust boots for $22. I will be buying them and more rubber parts from them. I bought a alternator stator that was listed on eBay cheaper buy it now, I pointed it out to them so they sold it to me at the cheaper price and combined the shipping with my gauges.
My carb holders I got from Diablo because they were cheaper, took a little longer and I'm happy with the parts.
I vote with my feet.
Steve

More
08 May 2016 07:08 - 08 May 2016 07:09 #725172 by Rockranch

ezrider714 wrote: Thanks to all the people that took the time to answer my inquiry
However I don't think anyone addressed the price issue, most were about quick deliveries which was one of the reasons I used them alot. But looking for some parts today I was astonished at some of the prices. At some point unless you have to make it to the track by Friday the cost vs delivery scale starts to tip the other direction.
Apparently whatever the fiasco was is the reason for having to create new accounts.
It also seems that alot of smaller vintage parts they used to carry are no longer anywhere to be found on the website.
Didn't Jeff Saunders used to frequent this site?? Can't he fill us in on what the hell is going on???
Just my 2 cents
EZ

That's why I mentioned the previous order histories for individual accounts being deleted for whatever reason. I can't compare price changes versus previous orders of similar parts, and I don't have that good of a photographic memory when it comes to a large variety of various parts previously ordered. I can only sort through stacks of invoices and receipts to compare price changes.. .......................................Mike

Vroom-vroom!!!

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1 modified

Last edit: 08 May 2016 07:09 by Rockranch. Reason: inc

More
08 May 2016 23:32 - 08 May 2016 23:40 #725273 by ezrider714
Replied by ezrider714 on topic Is it my imagination or or the
My post was not meant to denigrate Z1 at all. I have been using them since online stores became available.. Cause as some one mentioned it's much nicer sitting around (who wears Pajamas?) and drinking your morning coffee and ordering parts by clicking a button, and getting the parts i a few days so you can get to work.
I bought a ton of parts last summer as i was rebuilding my son's 78 KZ650SR,as usual I never had any problems, But by the end of summer I started to notice prices on (not large) were beginning to creep upwards.
This year mine gets attention and it's not that much needed, but when I tried to go on their site I was being required to create a NEW account for some reason??? No explanation could be found anywhere? This throws up a red flag for me,for several reasons. as Rockranch stated all purchase history seems to be gone?? I for one would like to know if I bought that part from you last year or 4 years ago. It's a simple computer program that could keep this up to date until now?? As an example a 4-1 Kerker in Black $ 707.96 and it states it only allows limited access to the oil filter,What the hell does that really mean?? The side covers they are selling are incorrect pieces, the correct ones have a molded indent for the KZ 650 SR emblem to recess into. It's just I have seen many items incorrect and highly priced. This never used to be the case. I needed O-Ring P/N 670B1504 of course they don't have them nor did they offer someplace 1 might be found as they were known for in the past. Well lo and behold 10 minutes later i had 2 of the on the way to my door,we will see how this turns out. Without checking/comparing prices it seems to me the prices have risen 10-15% and the service has definitely taken a hit

78 KZ650SR Mine since 79
Dyna Coils
Last edit: 08 May 2016 23:40 by ezrider714. Reason: left out words