Is it my imagination or or the

More
09 May 2016 03:43 #725280 by DK900
Replied by DK900 on topic Is it my imagination or or the

ezrider714 wrote: but when I tried to go on their site I was being required to create a NEW account for some reason??? No explanation could be found anywhere?

If you read through that first post Rockranch linked you will see they had software issues, replaced the software, and had issues getting going again. I would guess that might be why you had to create a new account.

1976 KZ900-A4
1995 FLTCU Tourglide

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2016 15:55 #725406 by zukdave
Replied by zukdave on topic Is it my imagination or or the
I'm going to call Rob at Z1E in the morning and ask because this buy out thing keep's coming up.

1980 KZ650 F1
ZX750A1 motor.
Wiseco 810cc kit.
Zukiworks racing ported head.
VM 29 smooth bore's.
Dyna 2000 Ign. w/Dyna mini coil's
APE cylinder stud's and nut's.
APE valve spring's.
APE Track King clutch.
V/H KZ1000 sidewinder.
3.5x18 laced to a KZ1000 disk hub.
150/60/18 Shinko 006 Podium.
63" wheel base.

More
09 May 2016 16:11 - 09 May 2016 17:37 #725411 by Rockranch
Replied by Rockranch on topic Is it my imagination or or the
It could very-well be a merger of sorts too. I cld be one of many things. Who know's. But one thing's for sure...several different items and catalog changes since the shutdown...some new, some gone. The name "Z1 Revival Parts" could suggest a restructuring process of sorts. How knows?--it don't much matter to me and I don't care one way or the other 'cuz I still get my orders in 2 buz days when placed in the A.M.'s. However I do see more 'out of stock' items nowadays. And now the 'OOS' items can't go into cart when selected, so no split or backorders that I've noticed. When needed in a hurry I can usually find them at Z1parts.net...(but those orders don't typically ship for a day or 2 AFTER I place an order!) :( As far as new prices go, I haven't dug through my shoeboxes of old receipts to compare same items as before so I still can't chime in on noticeable price hikes.................Mike

Vroom-vroom!

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1-all stock low mileage...
1 modified
1977 KZ1000 (awaiting resurrection!) :)
...and an old school Honda CB750 Chopper is next on my bucket list!

Oh...and a Pocket Rocket lol!!!
Last edit: 09 May 2016 17:37 by Rockranch. Reason: revised

More
10 May 2016 13:31 #725558 by MDZ1rider
Replied by MDZ1rider on topic Is it my imagination or or the
Regardless of what's going on at Z1 Ent, you really have to look at Yen to USD rate. Any Japanese manufactured part is going to be priced in yen. The US distributor's cost will fluctuate with the currency rate. Near the end of 2012, the yen was down around 78. It climbed up to 125 near the end of 2015 and is now back to around 108. So a US supplier buying a $100.00 part near the end of 2012 had to pay $160 for the exact same part at the end of last year. That assumes the manufacturer's price didn't increase. Obviously they either raise the price to the customer, or go out of business. You'll also see a lag based on when they bought. I'm sure they buy large quantities (40 foot Shipping Containers) to keep shipping cost low. It takes a few weeks for them to get here by sea, but the price is set when they leave Japan. The parts dealers are selling right now were probably bought months ago, so the prices we're seeing today are very likely a reflection of that peak rate a few months ago. As the Distributors sell off this stock and reorder at better exchange rates, hopefully the prices will go back down. Don't hold your breath on that last part.