What riding gear do you have?

More
08 Sep 2015 02:30 #689099 by Puffin
Replied by Puffin on topic What riding gear do you have?
Interesting Topic GPZMOD and one which i should imagine give many varied and even regional responses :) I also find i wear different gear for different bikes if im out on a Z then it`s Kevlar Jeans Leather Jacket Military lace up boots and vintage style helmet. Do i need say all Black :evil: If im out on my BMW then im usually going somewhere so goretex and a flip helmet. Then waxed cotton for my vintage bikes B) I also Burn up alot of forest and gravel roads on my TT500 so i have gear for that too

KZ1000 J Long Term Owner

KZ1100

KZ1100 Spectre project

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2015 05:43 #689131 by Shabba
Replied by Shabba on topic What riding gear do you have?
I suppose that as long as we are talking about actual equipment, I'll chime in.

Arai Astral X helmet, Tourmaster jacket (my Dainese leather jacket on cooler days, Joe Rocket on warmer days), gloves also depend on the climate but I usually wear my First gear gloves. I have a pair of Alpinestars that match my helmet but they are extremely warm. Gaerne boots and jeans (kevlar jeans on order) finish it up. I always wear a jacket, boots and gloves. No exceptions and it can get warm here in Richmond. We touched 100 on several days this year and last. I've been down and I know the value of quality equipment. My Dainese is the only piece that survived the off so it has been at my side for years now.

-Colin

-82 GPZ750
-15 Yamaha FZ-09
-00 Suzuki TL1000S
-13 Nissan Nismo Juke

More
08 Sep 2015 07:57 #689151 by scubaanders
Replied by scubaanders on topic What riding gear do you have?
KZB2 650 Wrote:

I thank God Illinois does not have a helmet law ....... I realize many of you probably think I'm nuts for not wearing one but I never will. (Been lucky for 51 years so why start now)........Tryed one a few times but not for me. Leather gloves sometimes and a light jacket and damn guys sorry but I live in tennis shoes too.

I am all with you KZB2 650 helmet laws are unnecessary, but I don’t care so much about the personal freedom point of view but more because it nullifies the laws of natural selection. :whistle:

Gpz750R1 1982
Gpz750A1 1983
Gpz1100A2 1984
FZ750 1985
Gpz900R -91

More
08 Sep 2015 11:53 #689188 by 80B4
Replied by 80B4 on topic What riding gear do you have?
I never ride without all of my gear, even in the summers when it's 100 degrees F. I don't need the government telling me to wear a helmet. I also like the idea of not having helmet laws. If you ride without a helmet you are stupid. I like knowing who the stupid’s are and without a helmet I can see that you are stupid from a long way off.
My family has a long history of heart problems. I am the only male family member who has not had a bypass operation. Most organ donations come from people who have died from head injuries. If I ever need a new heart I want there to be lots of nice pink 18 year old hearts in the pipeline. I want my heart surgeon to be very good at his or her job and I want to be his or her third transplant operation that day. This can only happen if we as a society insist on not having helmet laws. So, more power to all of you squids, stupid’s and knuckle draggers, please sign your donor cards and keep thinking you will never have an accident!

1980B4 1000
1978 Z1R
1978 B3 750
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctoRot

More
08 Sep 2015 13:46 #689202 by Zephyrrider
Replied by Zephyrrider on topic What riding gear do you have?
Totally agree with you 80B4, but i also love the fact that you Americans have a huge amount of freedom unlike this fucking place where the government scum have to hold our hands for everything. Laws here are fucked and so are the politicians.I would never ride without a helmet.The latest fucked laws they are "talking" about (hopefully only talk) is riders must have a zero alcohol limit - i might have 1 beer if i am out for a day ride with lunch and also they want all fuel pumps to have that ethanol shit.No way in the world that first one is gonna pass. There have been 33 motorcycle deaths in this state alone this year (@4.7 million here) but a lot of fuckheads who died should have been on a racetrack.Probably asian car drivers involved for sure as well (they should not have a license). Had a real moron not so long ago on a bike doing @260 km/h through the capital cities suburbs at night - (followed by helicopter so no chance of escape) still alive - a real fuckwit.

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

More
08 Sep 2015 14:39 - 08 Sep 2015 14:41 #689211 by GPzMOD750
Replied by GPzMOD750 on topic Re:What riding gear do you have?
They have shoved ethanol down our throats. Depends on the state on whether helmets are mandatory. It's only mandatory here for those under 18.
Last edit: 08 Sep 2015 14:41 by GPzMOD750.

More
09 Sep 2015 03:28 #689278 by Shabba
Replied by Shabba on topic Re:What riding gear do you have?

GPzMOD750 wrote: They have shoved ethanol down our throats. Depends on the state on whether helmets are mandatory. It's only mandatory here for those under 18.

Yeah E-10 and E-15 have been around here for years on the east coast and I have spent a small fortune in small engine repairs over the years for this garbage. I understand the idea behind it, but I think the trade off has been horrendous.

Most states here require a helmet, minors included in many states that do NOT have a helmet law. I am not in favor of any more laws and this goes for helmets. Me? I choose to wear one and have since I was a little one.

-Colin

-82 GPZ750
-15 Yamaha FZ-09
-00 Suzuki TL1000S
-13 Nissan Nismo Juke

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
More
09 Sep 2015 14:18 - 09 Sep 2015 14:25 #689373 by DoctoRot
Replied by DoctoRot on topic Re:What riding gear do you have?
What never ceases to crack me up is when I see guys (usually dudes on cruisers/choppers) that are dipped in leather, the whole shebang; pants, boots, jacket, vest, gloves, and then they have a tin bowl for a helmet. I just don't understand the reasoning behind that. you can recover from broken bones, some pretty bad road rash, hell even severed limbs depending on the situation, but it does not take a hard hit at all to render you brain dead. For that reason when i was looking for a helmet to buy in Saigon i went to dozens of shops until i found a place that sold real full face helmets and so glad I did because I saw a couple brutal accidents in Vietnam and Thailand. the one that happened right in front of me was so bad that as I was trying to help the dude, not gonna lie, I ralphed on him. 34.6% of accidents involve the jaw area, use your noggin and wear a full face.
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Sep 2015 14:25 by DoctoRot.

More
09 Sep 2015 14:43 #689376 by Zephyrrider
Replied by Zephyrrider on topic Re:What riding gear do you have?
A little of the subject but i am all in favour of law changes in this stagnant swamp of a country but in the opposite direction - you have probably had this already but now they want to trial driverless cars - a lot of the ones with drivers in them are useless so how the hell is that gonna work - just so brain dead.They call this the lucky country - farked if i know why.

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

More
24 Sep 2015 05:39 #691703 by GPzMOD750
Replied by GPzMOD750 on topic Re:What riding gear do you have?
I just got a pair of Bilt Iron Worker Kevlar cargo pants off eBay. Very nice, don't look out of place at work. I think I'll keep an eye out for similar gear.

More
24 Sep 2015 06:57 #691719 by scubaanders
Replied by scubaanders on topic Re:What riding gear do you have?
Way to go buddy!
I sincerely wish you won't have to put the pants to the test. But they can seriously save a season.
$A

Gpz750R1 1982
Gpz750A1 1983
Gpz1100A2 1984
FZ750 1985
Gpz900R -91

• Randombeat
  • User
  • 0 to 100 real quick...
More
24 Sep 2015 09:20 #691737 by Randombeat
Replied by Randombeat on topic Re:What riding gear do you have?
icon textile jacket (armor in), icon kevlar jeans (reinforced shorts area, knees and armored knees, also always in), leather gloves with carbon fiber knuckles reinforced, bilt 3/4 helmet, icon superduty boots, also reinforced, not sure what with.... have about $750 in my gear, but my life, raising my son, is priceless....

cheers to everyone in the thread, wether its no helmet and sandals or a full racing suit, hope none of us ever need to test the limits of our gear.

1980 KZ750H LTD-- pods-- vance & hines 4-1 --speedo/tach/blinker/switch deletes -- brat style