KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com

More
13 Jun 2012 08:45 #528780 by koolaid_kid
Replied by koolaid_kid on topic KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com
You are not stealing it. I see where a log book has been implemented. The camera may be a moot point as most have digital cameras or phones that take adequate pics. This is a group effort, after all.

1983 GPz 750
810 Wiseco, Kerker, K&N, DynoJet S3, Accel, Progressive, etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2012 10:35 #528803 by ramtough_63
Replied by ramtough_63 on topic KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com
1st of all you guys organizing the legs and trying to keep the movtivation up are doing a great job for which I and many others thank you!!!! :)

I just want to throw this out there.

if at any point we run into a snag such as we are now and dont have a rider to move it in a direction or to a state it hasnt been. It is my contention that we move it to the next available rider before mailing or using other non vintage kawasakis.

Lets just assume RITurbo has the time and desire to ride it as far north as he can and there are no other riders available. then the next week or at HIS convenience he and the next available rider work out a plan to meet up by RIturbos name he would put all the states he covered

by doing this I believe we will hit all the states once we have hit every rider we have, then we can look at getting it to the places we would have to make the decision of non KZ or the Postal service because if we are gonna have to mail it to a rider who cares where the flag is

IE: flags in morogo Valley CA. only place it hasnt been is jonesville Nebraska and we gain a new rider in a neighboring state, mail it to him let him take it to Nebraska or relay it back to him

so far ED has brought allot of great people together and got allot of guys motivated to finish their bikes we all know these old machines are fickle. Best of all to answer the Question There are allot of us that do both work on em and ride em :laugh:

Just food for thought My taillight is in my van so if I had the flag today I would have to pull an all nighter to deliver it lol

1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

More
14 Jun 2012 09:18 #529053 by 650ed
If riturbo can touch Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire with the flag would it make sense for him to do that then send the flag to Jeffasaki or rstnick in Canada and they could start the journey south? Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
14 Jun 2012 09:34 #529055 by riturbo

650ed wrote: If riturbo can touch Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire with the flag would it make sense for him to do that then send the flag to Jeffasaki or rstnick in Canada and they could start the journey south? Ed

Squadrider has the flag in mass right now. We havent heard from him in a few days. If he can"t do it I will get it done. If you can get your bike up for the trip next week. I will bring it to you at the Maine border. Let me know.If not I can hit the rest of New England, Maybe even bring it to johny or whoever gets it next over to the west. We need to get this leg done.

Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

More
14 Jun 2012 10:14 #529061 by Topper
Just to make sure everyone is clear on the current plan.

Squadrider (Massachusetts) is taking the flag up through NH, VT and into Maine. He plans to ship it from there to the southern end of Leg 2. That will complete the east coast leg and begin leg 2.

I've asked Squadrider his thoughts on connecting to the northern end of leg 2 rather than shipping. It means a pretty long haul for him and we need to make sure he's willing and available before we get too gung ho about that plan. I haven't heard anything back yet.

riturbo, are you up for making the connection to leg 2 if squadrider can't?

Permanent and perpetual noob.

1979 KZ750 Twin
2009 Kawasaki Versys

• KZ_Rage
  • User
  • Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
More
14 Jun 2012 11:42 - 14 Jun 2012 11:44 #529081 by KZ_Rage
Topper the current plan is a little different on Leg#2's part in this transfer.

Leg#2 is going to run North to South now. We're getting the Canadians ready to receive it from either RITurbo or by mail. Running the route in reverse is going to save us from mailing it from Leg#1 to Leg#2 possibly and even if it has to be mailed to the Canadians we were looking at a problem of getting it from Pittsburgh to Canada without having to mail it if we stayed with the South to North plan. Leg#3 seems to be on-board with this change in direction too so we are all good to go!

I will be modifying the map with only those riders that are in for sure by the Friday night. IF any Leg#2 riders or fence setters need to join, drop or make any change at all then they should let me know now.

Tek9ine or Jonny will be the probable meetup or mail point, Mark is tying that down right now.

1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)
2001 Sprint 955i ST (daily rider)
Last edit: 14 Jun 2012 11:44 by KZ_Rage.

• KZ_Rage
  • User
More
14 Jun 2012 12:12 #529091 by KZ_Rage

Wildh2oskier wrote: OK I'm late to the party but this sounds like a hoot.
I'm in Central Alabama, is there a coordinator for the South East? How do I get in on the action?
Basically I'm in....if needed.

Its prolly easier to catch me via email so here it is.
Ipityu77@yahoo.com

Sent you an email from my gmail account a couple of days ago, please let me know if you are for sure wanting to be part of the route as soon as you can as I hope to have the final map done this Friday night. Thanks, we could definitely use your location to help make the transfer there more manageable for the other riders!

1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)

More
14 Jun 2012 14:19 #529106 by riturbo

riturbo wrote:

650ed wrote: If riturbo can touch Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire with the flag would it make sense for him to do that then send the flag to Jeffasaki or rstnick in Canada and they could start the journey south? Ed

Squadrider has the flag in mass right now. We havent heard from him in a few days. If he can"t do it I will get it done. If you can get your bike up for the trip next week. I will bring it to you at the Maine border. Let me know.If not I can hit the rest of New England, Maybe even bring it to johny or whoever gets it next over to the west. We need to get this leg done.

sorry Ed i mixed you up with T-dub. t was early and i hadnt had coffee yet

Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
More
14 Jun 2012 22:20 #529187 by bluej58
I'm in Rage, what ever goes, goes ;)
Thank you for taking care of it.

JD

78 KZ1000 A2A

More
15 Jun 2012 09:33 #529269 by riturbo

Topper wrote: Just to make sure everyone is clear on the current plan.

Squadrider (Massachusetts) is taking the flag up through NH, VT and into Maine. He plans to ship it from there to the southern end of Leg 2. That will complete the east coast leg and begin leg 2.

I've asked Squadrider his thoughts on connecting to the northern end of leg 2 rather than shipping. It means a pretty long haul for him and we need to make sure he's willing and available before we get too gung ho about that plan. I haven't heard anything back yet.

riturbo, are you up for making the connection to leg 2 if squadrider can't?

Topper If Squadrider cant. I Might be able to depending on the Canadan riders. I cant go into canada though as I don"t have a pasport. Its killing me that I dont have the flag in New hampshire now at bike week. I go every year. Everyone that rode the flag with me is there. They keep calling me and telling me to grab the flag and bring it up.
But this year I had to work. Hopefully Squadrider will be able to get the last three states in New England done. If not I will go get it done. We can go from there.

Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

• KZ_Rage
  • User
More
16 Jun 2012 01:04 #529503 by KZ_Rage
Final Leg#2 route map!

Anyone that wants to join now MUST let me know know via PM and with your location. Any last minute changes to the route may or may not be noted in the map! Be sure to go to the Leg#2 thread here on KZR to see if any changes have been made!

Attachment lower3_2012-06-16.JPG not found

1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)
Attachments:

More
19 Jun 2012 21:01 #530395 by Topper
Just got off the phone with a writer for "Riders of Kawasaki". He hopes to publish a story about the relay in mid-July.

Permanent and perpetual noob.

1979 KZ750 Twin
2009 Kawasaki Versys