Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ North American Relay Ride? 31 Dec 2011 16:05 #495467

• KZ_Rage
  • User
  • Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
  • Thank you received: 19
Ok, there is a second thread for the 1st leg of the relay located here 1st Leg

I threw my hat in the ring to organize the next leg to cover the last of the east of the Mississippi states/provinces in the 1st leg post.

If the seaboard leg is going to go south to north ending in Newfoundland and if a reverse trip isn't doable then it might be better to ship it to boatdrinks in Alabama to start the second leg from the south to north.

If it travels north to south the second leg would be much easier to route but the shipping idea will work too.

Unless someone else would like to take the second leg then here is possible route;

Shipped to Alabama;

Alabama – boatdrinks
Mississippi – boatdrinks meet KraZy Chris
Tennessee – KraZy Chris meet Ramtough_63
Kentucky – Ramtough_63 meet Bike Shop (need to confirm is real person)
Ohio – Bike Shop meet KZ Rage
West Virginia – KZ Rage meet hypnohio
Pennsylvania – hypnohio meet (Placemark 44?, or preferably another in the Pittsburgh area)
Ontario – PA volunteer meet teK9iNe, rstnick, jack
Michigan - teK9iNe, rstnick, jack meet harm
Indiana – harm meet koolaid kid

At this point the third leg could begin but if desired Illinois could be part of the second leg. Having boatdrinks pass it off to KraZy Chris in Mississippi gives us that state unless a volunteer from Mississippi comes forward. If one should come forward then that person can pass it to KraZy Chris. Bike Shop needs to be confirmed as a real person but if not then I will meet Ramtough_63. The Ontario contingent will have to decide if they want to do it as a group or pass it amongst themselves until heading it south. I will seek out members of KZR in the missing or long stretch areas to see if they would like to join it on this to help reduce some of the distances.

I would appreciate hearing from those listed if they are (1) OK with me taking on organizing this leg, (2) are in for sure and (3) having any suggestions or issues with the route of the relay on the 2nd leg.
1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)
2001 Sprint 955i ST (daily rider)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by KZ_Rage.

KZ North American Relay Ride? 31 Dec 2011 21:15 #495510

• KraZy Chris
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0

KZ_Rage wrote: Ok, there is a second thread for the 1st leg of the relay located here 1st Leg

I threw my hat in the ring to organize the next leg to cover the last of the east of the Mississippi states/provinces in the 1st leg post.

If the seaboard leg is going to go south to north ending in Newfoundland and if a reverse trip isn't doable then it might be better to ship it to boatdrinks in Alabama to start the second leg from the south to north.

If it travels north to south the second leg would be much easier to route but the shipping idea will work too.

Unless someone else would like to take the second leg then here is possible route;

Shipped to Alabama;

Alabama – boatdrinks
Mississippi – boatdrinks meet KraZy Chris
Tennessee – KraZy Chris meet Ramtough_63
Kentucky – Ramtough_63 meet Bike Shop (need to confirm is real person)
Ohio – Bike Shop meet KZ Rage
West Virginia – KZ Rage meet hypnohio
Pennsylvania – hypnohio meet (Placemark 44?, or preferably another in the Pittsburgh area)
Ontario – PA volunteer meet teK9iNe, rstnick, jack
Michigan - teK9iNe, rstnick, jack meet harm
Indiana – harm meet koolaid kid

At this point the third leg could begin but if desired Illinois could be part of the second leg. Having boatdrinks pass it off to KraZy Chris in Mississippi gives us that state unless a volunteer from Mississippi comes forward. If one should come forward then that person can pass it to KraZy Chris. Bike Shop needs to be confirmed as a real person but if not then I will meet Ramtough_63. The Ontario contingent will have to decide if they want to do it as a group or pass it amongst themselves until heading it south. I will seek out members of KZR in the missing or long stretch areas to see if they would like to join it on this to help reduce some of the distances.

I would appreciate hearing from those listed if they are (1) OK with me taking on organizing this leg, (2) are in for sure and (3) having any suggestions or issues with the route of the relay on the 2nd leg.

Sounds pretty good KZ_RAGE, I am willing to help any way possible. Im fine with you getting it organized. Maybe you should start a 2nd led thread like some have done with the 1st leg thread. Also to cover all your questions I'm In!
78 KZ1000, Middle TN

KZ North American Relay Ride? 02 Jan 2012 12:45 #495833

• KZCM
  • User
I finally have a working bike so count me in. I can run east/ west on I-10 or north / south on I-65 or any of the back roads to connect up with someone. Looks like we need a lot more of the southern corridor folks to check in.
1977 KZ1000 - Wish I still had it
1980 KZ1000E2 - My project

KZ North American Relay Ride? 02 Jan 2012 17:06 #495875

• Topper
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Congrats on the bike! Glad to see you put yourself on the map. There are several riders from FL you should connect with but no one up in the panhandle.

Maybe with you involved we can add Mississippi and Alabama to the East Coast run.

Check out the East Coast leg thread:
www.kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/49...n-american-relay-run
Permanent and perpetual noob.

1979 KZ750 Twin
2009 Kawasaki Versys

KZ North American Relay Ride? 02 Jan 2012 17:08 #495876

• Topper
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 133
ramtough_63 any more word on the flag? Do you need us to start sending you some $$?
Permanent and perpetual noob.

1979 KZ750 Twin
2009 Kawasaki Versys

KZ North American Relay Ride? 03 Jan 2012 12:30 #496051

• KZCM
  • User

Topper wrote: Congrats on the bike! Glad to see you put yourself on the map. There are several riders from FL you should connect with but no one up in the panhandle.

Maybe with you involved we can add Mississippi and Alabama to the East Coast run.

Check out the East Coast leg thread:
www.kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/49...n-american-relay-run

Alabama and Mississippi will work for me.
1977 KZ1000 - Wish I still had it
1980 KZ1000E2 - My project

KZ North American Relay Ride? 03 Jan 2012 15:15 #496077

• KZJOE900
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 443

Here's another hypothetical route. The black lines shows where it can be shipped. The red lines are riders with blue dots as as a hypothetical meeting spot. Just throwing it out for discussion. If you start in Florida in March, by the time it reaches the upper seaboard it should be mid May. Which would not be bad riding weather wise. T_Dub, can ship it back south to start the next leg. And so forth. MTBSpeedFreak Can pick it up in from Marneman in Washington and drop it off in Las Vages to DimondSkyBlue1000. Of course, each area can decide anything they want and how they want and with whom they want the token to travel and get passed on. Just thought to put this out so people can start thinking about it. Riders that live close together can do a leg together if they choose. I put a time line on the map as well. You can see the time line is flawed because it would put the Canadian riders late in the riding season. Not trying to plan anything for anyone with this map, just trying to promote some interest and food for thought. :laugh:
Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450
Attachments:

Last edit: by KZJOE900.

KZ North American Relay Ride? 03 Jan 2012 15:23 #496080

• 650ed
  • 650ed's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
What states are still not represented? Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

KZ North American Relay Ride? 11 Jan 2012 17:12 #497577

• Flyndrive
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Any updates on the flag?
1980 KZ 550A1
1985 GPZ 900R

KZ North American Relay Ride? 11 Jan 2012 20:44 #497608

• ramtough_63
  • User
  • Thank you received: 132
Soory guys been spending all my free time on my bike this week he just finished some stickers up for my next paint job will have him print one up next week then i will send a pic to see if it's what we want
1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

KZ North American Relay Ride? 12 Jan 2012 02:06 #497683

• haggard scott
  • User
anybody gonna take pics with the flag at any popular spots? if i have the flag in the summer i could try to get a pic of it with the jersey shore cast haha

KZ North American Relay Ride? 12 Jan 2012 03:14 #497688

• KZJOE900
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 443
Downtown Disney World, Panama City Beach maybe at the time of Spring Break. I'm sure I'll be able to be in one or both of those spots. Maybe post a short video clip to boot.
Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

Last edit: by KZJOE900.