Too good of a deal to pass up?(Now With Pictures)

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
19 Feb 2011 10:26 #431797 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Too good of a deal to pass up?(Now With Pictures)
super huggy bear bad

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• testarossa
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
19 Feb 2011 16:54 #431914 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic Too good of a deal to pass up?(Now With Pictures)
Thanks for posting the adds. Coincidental timing actually. I devoted some time to getting the Zook put back together today. I got the tank put back together, and the carbs got synced with my Motion pro tool. I finally figured out the trick, and the reason why so many seem to have trouble with this tool. I didn't have any problems with it during the last sync on the KZ, but experienced the issue with the bike sucking the fluid right out from one of the tubes. Anyway I know the secret now, and I can help anyone who is having trouble with this unit.

Anyway, all the maintenance has resulted in a good running bike. New bars put my riding position where I like it, and the 750 pulls fairly strong. Now I just need to get the bike insured and inspected and I be up to three legal, running bikes. Maybe the sun will come out tomorrow and I can make another video, so we can compare to when I first got it running.

I do still need to rebuild the fork and do something about those front brakes. They lack some power. I'm hoping that fresh pads, an new lines will firm them up a bit. Maybe I'm just spoiled by two bikes with multi-piston calipers and 320mm rotors.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

• testarossa
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
21 Jun 2011 18:40 #458595 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic Too good of a deal to pass up?(Now With Pictures)
It's been a while since I posted anything in this thread. I got the little Suzuki running well with more than a couple of electrical surprises from the previous owners. Needless to say, the wiring diagram meant nothing to these people, but I got it sorted in the end. Once that was all in order I did quite a few miles riding around close to home. Even rode it the 26 mile round trip to work a couple of times. All in all it was a good little project, but it had to go. So I posted it up in my local CL last weekend and sold it to the first person who had a look. He was shopping for a commuter bike for his self, and actually decided to buy a Virago. However, his wife couldn't resist the Torch Red paint job and all that shiny chrome, so he bought it for her. Nice folks, they even brought me a box of kolache's when they came to pick up the bike.

Oh yeah, I turned a tidy profit on the sale. :)

I also see what Larry was saying about those BS carbs. The stockers on that bike are BS32's and they do seem to have a lag in throttle response, but do have a pretty good top end. That Suzuki has more motor than brakes.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

More
21 Jun 2011 23:00 - 21 Jun 2011 23:00 #458653 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic Too good of a deal to pass up?(Now With Pictures)
glad that it went to someone who will enjoy it.
hey you got to learn a little play a little and make a profit in the end.sounds like a win win .

although i must confess that i will be able to sleep better knowing that you are no longer harboring a suzuki in your garage :woohoo: :lol: :silly:

leon

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0
Last edit: 21 Jun 2011 23:00 by 531blackbanshee.