How do you do a burnout / wheelie?

More
19 Nov 2009 14:02 #334646 by YUKABODOS
How do you do a burnout / wheelie? was created by YUKABODOS
Burnout - so I was wondering....do you just pinch the the front break and let the clutch at 3000rpm or so and give it more throttle?

Wheelie - I am assuming reving up the bike to 5000rpms and pop the clutch?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2009 14:07 - 19 Nov 2009 14:13 #334647 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic How do you do a burnout / wheelie?
sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen! :laugh: buy some of these in differant colors to practice your burnouts,lot easier than roadrash! also easier on your rear tire and clutch . :woohoo:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Nov 2009 14:13 by PLUMMEN.

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
19 Nov 2009 14:20 #334650 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic How do you do a burnout / wheelie?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Either one takes a little practice. The last time I did a wheelie intentional on the street I was in the hospital for a while and have had surgery on my left knee three time to date because of it and that was almost 30 years ago. I still love a burnout though I just dont use the front brake.

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

More
19 Nov 2009 14:27 #334651 by YUKABODOS
Replied by YUKABODOS on topic How do you do a burnout / wheelie?
Not planning on doing wheelies, just want to know how to pull them off, also will somebody respond on how to do a burnout?

More
19 Nov 2009 14:32 #334652 by PLUMMEN
depending on how big ya are put bike in 2nd gear lock the front brake and lock your knees against side covers ,dump the clutch and pour the coals to it and hope for the best! :laugh: depending on how sticky your back tire is be ready to pull in the clutch! :woohoo: we will work you up to running it through the gears while locking front wheel,that takes practice B)

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
19 Nov 2009 14:34 #334653 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic How do you do a burnout / wheelie?
For your first ones try a rolling burnout. Get going around 5 or 10 MPH pull in the clutch rev it a little then let the clutch out as you goose it. Just make sure the bike is straight in line so it does not get sideways on you. It will take some practice.

P.S. Be very careful, you can get hurt in a split second.

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

More
19 Nov 2009 14:35 #334654 by PLUMMEN
wheelies are easy crack the throttle on a bigbore missile and hang on.i remember racing my z1 against an h2 750 when i was a kid,looked over he was dead even at around 90mph but his front wheel was 2' of the ground! :blink: :woohoo:

More
19 Nov 2009 14:38 #334655 by PLUMMEN
Kawickrice wrote:

For your first ones try a rolling burnout. Get going around 5 or 10 MPH pull in the clutch rev it a little then let the clutch out as you goose it. Just make sure the bike is straight in line so it does not get sideways on you. It will take some practice.

P.S. Be very careful, you can get hurt in a split second.

do this stuff in a remote area away from others incase you screw up,id be the 1st to put a brick through the front wheel of an idiot doing wheelies in a residential area B)

More
19 Nov 2009 15:04 #334657 by thompsonmx100
Replied by thompsonmx100 on topic How do you do a burnout / wheelie?
I do a burnout by locking the front brake and revving the bike and letting out the clutch quicker than normal. wheelies I'm not the greatest at not enough practice but when I do mine I stand up and dab the clutch and pull back. get it up and just try to maintain my balance. Its easier to practice this stuff on a small bike or a dirtbike. And once again be careful.I mean if you have to ask how to do a burnout your experience level must be low so just be careful.

2006 gs 500 streetfighter
1982 gpz750 breathed on wreck
1985 gpz750
Kz 650

More
19 Nov 2009 15:09 #334658 by racer54
Replied by racer54 on topic How do you do a burnout / wheelie?
I wouldn't recommend starting in second gear though. Weak gear in these trannies. I lock up the front brake, release the clutch and jump on the throttle at the same time. Use a couple fingers on the front brake lever and use the others to twist the throttle. Once you have the tire spinning, you can modulate the throttle to control the bike. Just be ready for the rear to start moving to the side once you start. Once you get that down, you can release the brake slowly to keep it burning while creeping forward or whatever speed you want the bike to move. Be ready in case the tire catches up and hooks up though. It will make for a very exciting couple seconds otherwise if it does. If you try it while rolling, careful. If you don't get the throttle/clutch right, you can bog the motor, start spinning the tire or the tire can hook instantly and bike can do just about anything. Too little throttle and the motor will bog or tire will catch and kill motor. Too much and that tire will start spinning and have a mind of it's own. Stand off the seat to remove the weight on the bike, push your weight forward and release the clutch. Having weight off back tire will make it easier to break tire loose, unless you have one of Plummens turbo motors and then it wouldn't be a problem at all!:)

1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

More
19 Nov 2009 16:08 - 19 Nov 2009 16:09 #334671 by PLUMMEN
i told him second gear since i figure hes running a skinny little back tire that wont hook really hard,rather than him doing it in 1st gear and having it back flip on him! :woohoo:

Last edit: 19 Nov 2009 16:09 by PLUMMEN.

More
19 Nov 2009 16:23 #334677 by PLUMMEN

Attachments: