KZR Chicago Chapter.

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
21 Feb 2011 18:36 #432568 by DoubleDub
Replied by DoubleDub on topic KZR Chicago Chapter.
Sounds nice :)

Well, I know it's way in advance, I'm just trying to get some things lined up so I don't get screwed again this year and don't get a chance to get out and ride. Hope to see some/all of you there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2011 18:47 #432569 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic KZR Chicago Chapter.
Screw it, I'm in but I probably will get a room IF I would so happen to stay which I dunno about. Sean you could stay in my guest room in Chicago and we could ride up together. It's not a far ride there as I recall. I will find some side roads so we can enjoy the ride!
Genius, you will have to check out my bike pretty soon. It's looking good.[
b]DoubleDub wrote:[/b]

Sounds nice :)

Well, I know it's way in advance, I'm just trying to get some things lined up so I don't get screwed again this year and don't get a chance to get out and ride. Hope to see some/all of you there!

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

• seanbarney41
  • User
  • '79 kz1000 LTD '75 Honda CB750
More
21 Feb 2011 20:07 #432585 by seanbarney41
Replied by seanbarney41 on topic KZR Chicago Chapter.
saxjonz wrote:

Screw it, I'm in but I probably will get a room IF I would so happen to stay which I dunno about. Sean you could stay in my guest room in Chicago and we could ride up together. It's not a far ride there as I recall. I will find some side roads so we can enjoy the ride!
Genius, you will have to check out my bike pretty soon. It's looking good.[
b]
cool...sounds like it's gonna be a busy summer!:P .

More
23 Feb 2011 07:30 #432894 by Genius
Replied by Genius on topic KZR Chicago Chapter.
Oh yeah, Id like to check it out soon!
As of now Im workin 7-12's which leaves no time to play
Not to mention I drive 130 miles aday to the southside.
Where abouts are you?

More
23 Feb 2011 13:32 #432936 by saxjonz
Southside?! I live by Midway but my bike is at a shop right by the Rosemont Convention center where the bike show was last weekend. Or was it two ago? Where do you live?

Yeah, He has a really cool z1r turbo project in the works and a few nice z1s. One of them that this guy built when I saw it I immediately made a note that this was the guy to have do the work for me.

I would build the engine myself but let's face it so many people think they are going to build a nice bike and then it never gets finished or it gets hacked. I know I could have stripped it and did a lot of the stuff myself but I have other things I like to spend my time on like riding my bike and hanging with my friends.
This guy does really good work and unlike redline he is not out to rip you off by charging you for things that don't get fixed or fixed right. I don't care who thinks redline cycles is the end all be all to me that guy is a crook out to make money off of anyone that comes in to his shop.
The guy charged me to fix my starter and made an estimate of what pieces needed replaced and I not having the time to do it let him do it. He basically charged me over two hundred dollars to change the wire, a ten dollar piece, from the battery to the starter. I asked the mechanic and he said they didn't even replace the starter yet this guy charged me for a new starter and my rear brakes he complained about I had put fresh pads but they squealed which I was fine with he charged me for a different rotor and the labor and the damned thing squealed worse after, much worse.
I brought it back a few times to which he didn't make it better. He then told me he would take the rotor off to resurface it but that I would have to pay for it. In short I got the drift that he is nothing more than a grifter. I asked around at this bike club I rode with and some guys referred me to this guy at EPE Motorsports and I found that he owns several KZs so I had him tune my bike that I couldn't get the to idle evenly. He made that bike scream! I was sold. This guy is building my motor as we speak. So I can say that this redline Jim guy lost out on all the money he would have made from me buy robbing me on the starter and the brakes on my bike not to mention that he charged me for progressive springs that he may or may not have put in my bike. I will know for sure the difference when I get the forks on my 80 done if they are the real deal or just stock springs. No matter. He lost a great paying customer and word of mouth is the best advertisement if you ask me.

I will never recommend Redline to anyone I don't care what anyone else who thinks he is reputable thinks. I met the guy and experienced his work. Am I ranting? Yes, I guess I am. He took me for a ride and I am not going to stay quiet about it period. Let me know some time you have free and we can meet up ride and even go check out my bike at his shop. You will be impressed. It is going to turn out really nice. I can tell you if you look at the pictures of the bike I took on my facebook page you'll understand. The page I started is called Chicago Kawboyz area kz riders.
\
Genius wrote:

Oh yeah, Id like to check it out soon!
As of now Im workin 7-12's which leaves no time to play
Not to mention I drive 130 miles aday to the southside.
Where abouts are you?

79 LTD B3

More
27 Feb 2011 17:26 #433848 by Genius
I hear ya saxjonz, some guy's are just about the cash!
I'm down here just about 10 miles west of Kankakee in the country. (Goodrich)
I do have a nice shop here that is very well equipped, I used to do all sorts of Jeep mods, custom axles, roll cages, lift kits...
Kinda got out of that, now I drink beer ;)
I work at the Ford Plant on the southside.
Hey if anyone is still reading...
I'm looking to buy a new 2010 ZX14 from any dealer in the area thats willing to sell at a very nice price!
I'm working 7-12's and dont really care to blow a days pay
arguing over price, and still not buy a bike.
I have emailed a few with no luck!
I'm looking for a dealer who wants to move a 2010 !
Gene

More
28 Feb 2011 16:17 #434039 by saxjonz
Yeah, well spring is the time to buy. I got my zx14 that I should have taken possession of but thanks to my wife I left at the shop thinking I had major plumbing issues to take care of. Turned she was flushing tampons along with my dimwitted tenant down the toilet. I got a 2007 in April of 2009 for 10134 OTD tt&plates! Turned out they offer incentives for year end bikes and I putzed it. I went back the week after to get it and the deal had ended. So just call up the dealers and tellem hey I have this cash and that's it! You call me when some special comes up or you just wanna get rid of one of those. I guarantee you'll get a call before too long.
My friend got an offer of 13k otd ttp for the 12 model but to me it's better to buy cheaper if you can because of the hit these new bikes take.
Genius wrote:

I hear ya saxjonz, some guy's are just about the cash!
I'm down here just about 10 miles west of Kankakee in the country. (Goodrich)
I do have a nice shop here that is very well equipped, I used to do all sorts of Jeep mods, custom axles, roll cages, lift kits...
Kinda got out of that, now I drink beer ;)
I work at the Ford Plant on the southside.
I'm looking to buy a new 2010 ZX14 from any dealer in the area thats willing to sell at a very nice price!
Gene

79 LTD B3

More
01 Mar 2011 05:15 #434136 by Old Kaw Boy
Replied by Old Kaw Boy on topic KZR Chicago Chapter.
Hey Saxjonz,
You might have done this but I didn't see it, can you give the name or business of your mechanic? I have had fair luck with Redline, but the bike still doesn't run like I know it should and Jim thinks it's perfect. I live near Tinley Park but would be willing to get it where ever it needs to be to be set up correctly.

Thanks,
Old Kaw Boy

PM me if you choose.

OLD KAW BOY

1979 LTD 1000

More
01 Mar 2011 13:41 #434204 by saxjonz
PM sent

79 LTD B3

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
02 Mar 2011 10:52 #434430 by DoubleDub
Replied by DoubleDub on topic KZR Chicago Chapter.
Genius wrote:

Gene

There are Kawi sponsored deals last month on the ZX-14's for '09 and '10. Not sure if they are still good since it's March now...

www.kawasaki.com/currentdeals/default.as...epagePromo-_-Landing

More
02 Mar 2011 17:41 #434501 by saxjonz
Hmmm, 1200 discount for last years model but for 2009 and earlier only 1000. lol Yeah, that might be what they are offering. Go with the attitude or cash and I think they may knock off another 1000-1500. I would be willing to bet they would be willing to they might seriously consider it.
DoubleDub wrote:

Genius wrote:

Gene

There are Kawi sponsored deals last month on the ZX-14's for '09 and '10. Not sure if they are still good since it's March now...

www.kawasaki.com/currentdeals/default.as...epagePromo-_-Landing

79 LTD B3

More
02 Mar 2011 18:13 #434505 by Genius
Thanks guy's, I think I seen the $1200 is good until 3/31 now?
And yes thats odd only $1000 on the 09..?
As of next week I will have the option to go in with cash,
not that I really want to but will if needed!
I hope to get out the door for $11 or a bit less...
My guns will be loaded at $10.5...will see.
Just seen a guy turn one down in NV for less than $11 OTD
Also seen a new 09 go for $83 + T&L
What ever happens I still have a few other bikes to ride ;)