Just learned my cams are finally coming back after polishing. Maybe I’ll finally get this going again. The tank and body stuff are done, I just need to fly over and pick them up. I sure hope this all works out. Now at least I have a pretty good idea of what really was my problem. Learning curve!
This may be the end of my frustrating road with this project.
After the last miserable failure of cam bearings I took it all apart looking for a cause, I even thought I found one.
I looked at oil passages, measured the oil pump, made sure the o ring between the engine case halves was perfect, blew out all the passages, assembled the cams with no valve gear to make sure they spun well, made sure the oil pressure switch had the bleed hole.
put it together yesterday and started it. I cranked it until the oil light went out, about 30 seconds. Started it up, ran excellent for a minute or so and stopped. Cam bearings again.
so now I’m back to trying to find out what is really wrong with this or maybe I should just end my misery and be done with it.
I’ve missed something that must not be very obvious.
I have one more set of cams to use and I believe I can clean this set up.
very, very frustrating, I’m not accustomed to this type of failure.