Started putting the footpeg hangers back on the bike today. I had the footpegs vapour blasted and planned to paint them but I really liked the finish so they are staying as is. Even splashed out and bought new springs and ball bearings for the rear pegs! The original back brake master cylinder from the GPZ is a mess and I couldn't find a suitable rebuild kit so I bought one from a 2008 ZX10R. Same 50mm spacings and with the Tokico caliper that is going on should do the job well.
As usual two projects going at the same time! I bought a screen for the Turbo from the UK a couple of months ago and have had it sitting on the shelf. The 1100 needs a screen too and will need one before the Turbo. Being the same for the 750 and the 1100 I was thinking of nabbing the one for the Turbo and using it but while sifting Ali Express the other week I found a seller with GPZ750/1100 screens. For a solid $42 NZD (bugger all) I bought one thinking it was at least worth having a look at it. Arrived today and really surprised. It's actually quite good! The one I bought from the UK is a bit thinner and a slightly better fit. Chinese one gets a sold 4 stars out of 5 so far. Some serious packing on this bad boy too! Not sure how it will fair out in the weather but I am going to fit it to the Kiwi GPZ and see how it goes.
Long weekend for Queens Birthday in NZ so I got some quality time in the shed! Well a few hours anyway. Fitted the chain which was pretty cool as it makes it feel like it's getting closer to being a bike again.
If you don't have one of these chain tools then get one! I have been through so many different shit tools over the years and bought this Motion Pro one about a year ago. It is sooo good!!
The big pile of wiring slowly coming together too.
Also had a good crack at getting the oil cooler fitted. Roughly fitted the cooler and measured up the oil lines to cut and attached fittings. Got the lines made, just need to finish the cooler mount and another job ticked off.
Not terribly KZ or Kawasaki at all but carbs for the GSF motor need a bit of a sort out. I will need to run pods so I bought a carb kit from Holeshot Performance. I have tried to get Bandit's to run properly with pods and Dynojet kits but never had one run right. First time I fitted one of the Holeshot kits bike ran mint first shot! Also replacing all the o-rings and seals. Only thing I forgot to get was the rubber seals for the fuel line joiners and yep, they are toast.
Also settled on the ride height that I am happy with and went with the end hole on the dogbones. Figured out that there is 40mm between the two settings. Doesn't sound like much but it does make quite a difference to the way the bike sits.