The Kiwi GPZ has been pulled to bits now to get everything ready for powder coating and painting. While I was loading the frame in the back of my ute I noticed that there has been a previous repair to the frame. Funny what you find when you turn your frame upside down. When I looked at the same spot on the opposite side of the frame I realised that it has started to crack too! Glad I spotted it before the frame was coated!
Slow progress I know but the Kiwi GPZ is still chugging away all be it slowly! As usual I have too many projects on the go and I bought a GPZ Turbo basket case which has absorbed some of my focus!
My GPZ Turbo the day I bought it and two days later........................
That being said I have had some progress on the Kiwi GPZ! The frame, wheels, fork lowers, swingarm, and loads of other bits n bobs have been powder coated or painted. Shouldn't be too long and I have a rolling chasis ready to rock n roll! Just need to finish painting the engine and some progress will really be happening.
On every bike there is a cool bit of it that I really like. On the Z1R it is the front brake master cylinder. Shit but I just like it. On the GPZ1100 it is the seat latch release. It is just such a neat setup. Levers and springs, very cool!
Bit light on photos sorry as I got on a roll and forgot all about it. Forks back together with new oil. Bonus was the forks had been kitted with Racetech gold valves and springs by the PO. Swingarm is back together with new bearings. Even got the engine cleaned, sanded, and couple of coats of etch on it. Next step is to get the engine paint finished and fit motor to frame......
In a flurry of activity over the weekend I got the forks and swingarm fitted and dropped the motor in. No wheels yet as they are still at the powder coaters. Fingers crossed I have them back for the weekend! Starting to resemble a bike again slowly.
Being that the Kiwi GPZ is coming together in fits and starts I keep doing small things and forgetting to take photos! Got the wheels back finally and fitted new bearings, banged on the disc rotors, new sprocket, and bam just like that it sort of looks like a bike again. Up next is the getting it on the bench and fitting all the bits that make it go. Wiring, exhaust, footpeg hangers, carbs........ Still not decided on the rear ride height but will worry about that as I get closer to having it running.