Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Better Than Nothing---The rebirth of a Superbike. 22 Nov 2021 14:24 #858219

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
  • Thank you received: 265

I'd just flown back int Sydney when I found out my Gixxer had been stolen, my house mate worked at the airport and met me there with the bad news, I went off, as in,  blew a fuse and was quickly surrounded by airport security, I'm glad my friend was there with his airport pass other wise i would have been in a spot of trouble. You're dead right, it hurt and sucked badly, It was the first brand new bike I'd ever bought....

Skidmark post=858124

I actually got my hands on a 70's Z2 750 that was stock.  I put on a Bassani 4 into 1, pod filters, superbike bars, and a jet kit.  I took it to Orange County Raceway in Irvine for Thursday night drag races, run what ya brung.  I did a few passes, parked it with a wheel lock between some cars and went back to watch my friend's car make some passes.  45 minutes later I went to leave, and it was stolen.  Multiple guys must have dragged it from between the cars and thrown it in a pickup.  That one hurt bad.  Rare bike in the states.  Had the kph speedo...  

I feel for you guys. My KZ1000r was stolen from a locked garage... and the garage was locked back up again.    I understand
Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit
Wife's BIG bike...... 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and factory FI Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods
The following user(s) said Thank You: 750 R1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by slayer61.

Better Than Nothing---The rebirth of a Superbike. 22 Nov 2021 14:27 #858220

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
  • Thank you received: 265
But I still have my Suzuki...

Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit
Wife's BIG bike...... 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and factory FI Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods
Attachments:

Better Than Nothing---The rebirth of a Superbike. 22 Nov 2021 15:30 #858226

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394
An 1100ES, metmachex swingarm, motogpwerks pipe and astralites, among other trick bits, I like it !
The following user(s) said Thank You: slayer61

Better Than Nothing---The rebirth of a Superbike. 22 Nov 2021 15:49 #858227

• Skidmark
  • User
  • Thank you received: 260
Very nice!!  
Retired gearhead
'81 KZ-750 E2
'87 Suzuki Savage 650 Street Tracker
The following user(s) said Thank You: slayer61

Better Than Nothing---The rebirth of a Superbike. 01 May 2022 21:50 #866518

• Dr. Gamma
  • Dr. Gamma's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 664
Just found out that the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club is going to have their annual West Coast Rally back in my neck of the woods, Prescott, Arizona!!!! It will be on September 9th to the11th!!!! If you have never been to Prescott you are really missing out. The town square is a great place to see. It is surrounded by some great old bars and restaurants. You can stand at the very same bar that Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday once stood!!!! Not a copy but the real McCoy bar!!!! I heard they are tying to get the VJMC bike show on the town square on the Saturday of that weekend!!!

I will be bringing out a few of my vintage bikes for the show. If you want to see some very rare vintage Japanese bikes. This show will be fulled with them. The last show in town had like 160 bikes on display!!!!

1972 H2 750 Cafe Racer built in 1974.
1976 KH400 Production Road Racer.
1979 Kz1000 MK. II Old AMA/WERA Superbike.
1986 RG500G 2 stroke terror.
1986 GSXR750RG The one with the clutch that rattles!

Up in the hills near Prescott, Az.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Dr. Gamma.

Better Than Nothing---The rebirth of a Superbike. 02 May 2022 00:32 #866521

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1767
Should be a great weekend, bit too far from the UK though 

Better Than Nothing---The rebirth of a Superbike. 02 May 2022 09:31 #866538

• Buzz Nichols
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 105
Did you take that aerial pic with a drone? It looks great! Also, the sunset over Thumb Butte is an absolute postcard.

I miss living there. I lived near the rodeo grounds for many years—it's a great town, if a little excessively polarized politically. Whenever anybody asks what Prescott's like, I tell them to watch the movie Billy Jack. The only thing that's changed about the town since then is the cars.

Now that I see this sweet rally—and your beautiful machines—I miss Prescott even more.
Is this thing working? Is this thing on?

1978 KZ1000 LTD

Better Than Nothing---The rebirth of a Superbike. 02 May 2022 11:27 #866545

• Dr. Gamma
  • Sustaining Member

Did you take that aerial pic with a drone? It looks great! Also, the sunset over Thumb Butte is an absolute postcard.

I miss living there. I lived near the rodeo grounds for many years—it's a great town, if a little excessively polarized politically. Whenever anybody asks what Prescott's like, I tell them to watch the movie Billy Jack. The only thing that's changed about the town since then is the cars.

Now that I see this sweet rally—and your beautiful machines—I miss Prescott even more.

The aerial shot I found on the internet. The sunset is from the local paper. The population has exploded in Prescott and Prescott Valley. Since I moved here back in 2015 they are building subdivisions every place they can!!!!! Housing prices have gone through the roof. The oldtimers are having a hard time holding onto what they have. All these fools moving here from california are the major cause of all the problems that have hit this area. Most of them drive like total a$$holes. They pull out right in front of you and you have to hit the brakes!! I look in my mirror and there is not a car behind me for blocks.  9 times out of 10 their cars have a biden/harris or a bernie bumper sticker on them. Highway 69 is always packed with cars now. 15 over the speed limit is common now. That laid-back small town feeling is quickly disappearing in both Prescott and Prescott Valley. Boy do these people from california HATE when you carry a firearm. They will let you know that they do not like guns. Most folks here open carry. I always carry mostly concealed. I do still have by concealed carry permit even though you no longer need it to carry concealed. Then you have the inner city dirtbags moving up from Phoenix and bringing their crime with them. Besides all that the area is still a nice place to live!!!! 

Common bumper sticker around the Prescott area lately!!!!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: slayer61, SWest, Rick H.

Better Than Nothing---The rebirth of a Superbike. 02 May 2022 13:37 #866553

• Buzz Nichols
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 105
Bummer to hear it. 2015 is when I left town. Jackass Flats (the original name of PV that they totally should have kept) was starting to blow up, but I figured Prescott couldn't because it was more or less surrounded by National Forest. Sad to hear I was wrong about that.
Anyway, hang in there!
Is this thing working? Is this thing on?

1978 KZ1000 LTD

Better Than Nothing---The rebirth of a Superbike. 02 May 2022 17:49 #866571

• azman857
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 111
My wife and I attended the VJMC show the last time it was held in Prescott some years back. I live in Tucson so about a 4 hr trip one way. Wonderful town  and great event. I met Dr Gamma during that event and saw his great looking bikes.  
I don't have a plan and I'm sticken' to it! '77 KZ 650 / 750 GPz custom project in progress
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

Last edit: by azman857.

Better Than Nothing---The rebirth of a Superbike. 02 May 2022 18:19 #866573

• Dr. Gamma
  • Sustaining Member

My wife and I attended the VJMC show the last time it was held in Prescott some years back. I live in Tucson so about a 4 hr trip one way. Wonderful town  and great event. I met Dr Gamma during that event and saw his great looking bikes.  

That show was actually in Prescott Valley at the now sold Star Island dealership. Yes I can remember meeting you and your wife that Saturday. I am really hoping they will have the bike show in Prescott's town square. They have had some killer car shows around the square over the years.

You also got to see the MK.II in its black bodywork. I went back to the '79 Luminous Navy Blue Metallic paint job a few years back. A few of my friends said the bike looked meaner in the black bodywork than the blue bodywork. I myself like the blue better!!!!

I will also make sure both bikes can be started. The MK.II sounds like it will rip your arm off!!!!!! Not many folks have heard a 4 cylinder two stroke run. Should sound good compared to all the harley's that seem to hang out around the square!!!!!

The Rg500 and the MK.II in black at a past VJMC bike show in Prescott Valley.

The Rg500 won best late model Suzuki at that show!!!!!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: howardhb

Better Than Nothing---The rebirth of a Superbike. 07 Sep 2022 18:20 #873535

• Dr. Gamma
  • Sustaining Member
GETTING READY FOR THE VJMC WEST COAST RALLY AND BIKE SHOW.

Been working on my two bikes I want to bring to the VJMC bike show. The Kz1000 MK.II Superbike and the Rg500 Gamma. Just in case someone wants to hear one of them run, I went through the valves and the carbs on the MK.II. I fired the MK.II up on some four year old VP110 I had sitting around. Well that was a BIG mistake. The bike ran great last year on that very same gas. Guess three years is the life expectancy of VP110 not four years. Bike just didn't sound right on that old fuel. Drain all the sh*t gas and clean the carbs!!!! VP110 is up to twenty bucks a gallon out here!!!!! Now with fresh fuel the MK.II sounds like it used to!!!!!!

Now on to the Gamma. Same thing with the MK.II Drain all that sh*t gas and clean carbs. I forgot how cool a four cylinder two stroke with chambers sounds!!!!!!

The bike show is Saturday here in Prescott Valley and not in Prescott because of a huge annual car show around the square. Bummer!!!

The MK.II ready to rock and roll!!! 

Only had one valve off a thousands!!!

Just in case I went through the carbs just to make sure the stale fuel didn't clog a jet or two!!!

Brand new VP110  Four year old VP110!!!

On to the Gamma and button it up for the show!!!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: slayer61, howardhb