KZ Project Bobber

• Bareknucklemc
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 Nov 2010 07:13 #412655 by Bareknucklemc
Replied by Bareknucklemc on topic KZ Project Bobber
The difference is over 3 inches on the off chance you could squeeze that together you're looking at so much tension you're asking for trouble. It's simple just to get some spacers from a local bike shop and a 17 mm round bar and just thread it. Then there is no added tension.

Bare Knuckle MC- let the blood of those who threaten this family fill the rivers of theirs and suffer their thirst.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bareknucklemc
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 Nov 2010 08:17 #412667 by Bareknucklemc
The difference is over 3 inches on the off chance you could squeeze that together you're looking at so much tension you're asking for trouble. It's simple just to get some spacers from a local bike shop and a 17 mm round bar and just thread it. Then there is no added tension.

Bare Knuckle MC- let the blood of those who threaten this family fill the rivers of theirs and suffer their thirst.

More
14 Nov 2010 17:43 #412798 by Wheels
Replied by Wheels on topic KZ Project Bobber
i think you are doing a great job... it's pretty much what i'm doing to mine(even though i have a hardtail kit in waiting).

quick question: what model KZ do you have? I ask b/c your frame looks different from mine...

bikes:
81 KZ550 LTD
08 R1

• Bareknucklemc
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 Nov 2010 19:47 #412825 by Bareknucklemc
Honestly I have no idea what model it is all I know is it's a 81 750 quad carb other then that your guess is as good as mine

• Bareknucklemc
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
16 Nov 2010 08:59 #413002 by Bareknucklemc
So I was searching the web last night as I constantly do looking for further inspiration and I came across this link. Now my original intension was to not mess with the degree of rake on the fork of my bike but after studying this bike on the link for a while I find myself seriously debating increasing the angle of my forks. What is the opinion of everyone else.
www.hotbikeweb.com/features/1010_hbkp_20...rdtail/photo_07.html

More
16 Nov 2010 13:17 #413030 by Drod13
Replied by Drod13 on topic KZ Project Bobber
Hey let me first say that your build is coming along very
nice.I like where your going with it.

I'm building a similar bike and will posting some pics as where it stands so far.

As far as the rake goes...I think it will take away from the look some since you have stretched the rear already.
Now I'm a big fan of raked bikes and all and I ride a V-Star 650 with a combined rake of 52 degrees, But I honestly think you should leave it be for now.

here's a pic of my star.

1979 KZ-750
Attachments:

• Bareknucklemc
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
16 Nov 2010 13:41 #413032 by Bareknucklemc
Mine obviously wouldn't be that drastic but I think it would compliment the rest of the bike pulling it out just a bit

More
17 Nov 2010 08:15 #413151 by Drod13
Yea, bringing it out a bit would look cool.I thought you were going to go out there like the the chopper on your link.

1979 KZ-750

More
17 Nov 2010 08:24 #413154 by Drod13
Hey I forgot to ask you if you figured out what your gonna use for an axle? Are you going with a wider rim/tire?

1979 KZ-750

• Bareknucklemc
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
17 Nov 2010 09:19 #413161 by Bareknucklemc
No just gonna change the degree I want it to still be a comfortable ride and I'm leaving the stock wheel and fabing a new axle out a 17 mm round bar.

More
17 Nov 2010 11:04 #413169 by Drod13
when I extended my swingarm I cut it just behind the bend so I could keep the same line of the arm.It was probably came in about a 1/8th where I needed to pry it open to slide in the left adjuster.I think it's gonna look pretty cool with a wider swing arm and different look.

I haven't had time to continue with mine for a little while now and after watching your build I'm setting aside
all my other house projects I have going on.I really need to finish it since I'm so close to it being completed.

1979 KZ-750

• Bareknucklemc
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
17 Nov 2010 12:14 #413177 by Bareknucklemc
Yea I thought about doing it that way but I wanted to leave the option open got a wide wheel. You should definitly finish your bike I wanna see it.