Pen's Z1

More
21 Mar 2009 15:04 #273967 by irishwill
Replied by irishwill on topic Pen's Z1
I should have said...
the kit will require the customer to supply a late model gsxr front end and swingarm assembly.
which makes buying parts later easy...from the pivot bolt back it is '07 gsxr 1000...same from the stem forward.
gsxr 1000 stuff is readily available on ebay...and it is cheap...and from a performance point of view outstanding.
now you've got good tires good brakes good suspension.
add a 1075 kit and your in the new millenium baby...but still rockin your Z1!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2009 18:03 #274004 by arai59
Replied by arai59 on topic Pen's Z1
Nice work. You seem to have the project in order. However.......as cheap as a GSXR 1000 is around here............I wouldn't waste my time.:laugh: Besides.....no old slug KZ could hang with a GSXR.:woohoo:
Again...nice work.

More
21 Mar 2009 18:55 #274019 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Pen's Z1
thats the whole point,gsxrs are a dime a dozen.where as z1s are classic!B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
21 Mar 2009 22:12 #274089 by tk11b40
Replied by tk11b40 on topic Pen's Z1
Very Nice work!!

don't be listenin to them fellas about buying new. That bike is gonna have a cool factor wayyyy beyond any Gsxr with custom decals, and bling added.

I kove this stuff it's like almost gone now, used to be you would see this kind of thing in the bike magazines all the time. Genuine engineering..

Hooah!!

Suzuki GSXR 750 slabside
Ducati S4R
Husqvarna FE 350s
Attachments:

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
22 Mar 2009 05:12 #274155 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Pen's Z1
great idea on the kits. i'm sure lots of guys could use them. I may be interested in a brace or 2, myself.
Nice shop.B)

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

More
22 Mar 2009 07:28 #274185 by irishwill
tk11b40 wrote:

Very Nice work!!

don't be listenin to them fellas about buying new. That bike is gonna have a cool factor wayyyy beyond any Gsxr with custom decals, and bling added.

I kove this stuff it's like almost gone now, used to be you would see this kind of thing in the bike magazines all the time. Genuine engineering..

Hooah!!

Nice job....I always liked the cal fab style swingarms.And I agree totally with you....a Z1 is never gonna run with any modern sportbike but ...big but ...they are always gonna be cooler...and if you can make them so they handle alittle better...they will be that much more fun to ride.
just my 2 cents

More
22 Mar 2009 07:33 #274188 by irishwill
I also really like the shorty style pipe your running.
who did the seat for you? I have done my own in the past ...but never turned out quite as nice as that one!

More
22 Mar 2009 08:02 #274193 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic Pen's Z1
My brother MADE me watch a episode of Babylon 5. I don't know haw far in the future it was set but it will be more than a while before it takes place. Anyway, in the episode this muckeymuck on a immense space station puts together a 1990's Ninja. He's smiles from ear to ear as he explains it's power and fun factor AND it's dirty engine. But then he fires it up and goes blasting down the corridor of this space station. Of course he says he did some tweeking and when I say he blasts down the corridor he should be yelling "Ludicrous speed now!!!" My brother loved it! Made me watch it about 5 times. Since then I have watched all the B5 episodes twice (he bought all the episodes) and it is my favorite too. BUT THAT SAID.... it could have been a few degrees cooler if it had been a Z1. B) BTW Nice bike indeed!! ;)

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

More
22 Mar 2009 12:43 #274254 by irishwill
When I was a kid in Northern Ontairio...there was a bunch of cats that rolled around town on 9oo 's they wern't a gang of anykind but they were always getting chased by the cops always had the hottest girls on the back always wheelieing those bikes down the road....It made quite an impression on a 16 year old kid....I'm sure kids today have "roll models"
its just too bad that for alot of them they are coming from xbox or playstation...LOL

More
24 Mar 2009 15:11 #274967 by irishwill
Just about got the top triple clamp machined....it turned out pretty good....just have the boss that holds the stock Z1 guauge set left to do.
then anodizing...press in the stem...and bobs your uncle.

I will post a pic later tonight hopefully.

More
24 Mar 2009 15:51 #274984 by dshelly
Replied by dshelly on topic Pen's Z1
I noticed you bought a Fadal Mill. I Run a Haas it's real similar. Iv'e been machining for about twenty five years now. If you need any pointers give me a shout and I'll try to help you out. Good luck with the project. sounds like fun. Keep us all posted. Just got my second KZ1000 , it's a '78. Needs a little TLC , but that's half the fun right?

'77 Kz1000B1
'78 Kz1000A2
'76 Kz900LTD

More
24 Mar 2009 16:03 #274991 by irishwill
absolutley...and I will keep that in mind if/when I run into a wall.
I will have a haas in a year or so I got such a good deal on this one I couldnt say no...so I will learn on this and make the switch later.
a vf4 with a trunion table would be kinda cool ...dont 'cha think?