Z1000R and Z1000J - Lots of pics, and Gun-Kote oven baked paint.

More
29 Mar 2008 13:13 #202925 by RoyNor
Zedone:

Nice pictures!
And looks really nice, its like its original. :woohoo:

I have to check this closer, I need to buy a slave cylinder anyway, when I look at these from AmericanClassix:

The slave cylinder is built in, its thinner. Less work to make it fit, and with the scandal low dollar price its cheap to buy... :blush:

Camera yes, I use a cheap Canon Ixus 70 , its a good macro function on that, that means I can go very close to the object.
I am very satisfied with the camera. ;)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2008 13:21 #202926 by RoyNor
Bad Kaw :

Thanks again!!! :lol:
I really looks forward to drive the bike with UPD fork and new swingarm, I remember the feeling from old days, driving these Kawasaki models, and big Suzukis, like GSX 1100, and what is needed is just what is gone be added now. :)

More
29 Mar 2008 13:32 - 29 Mar 2008 13:34 #202929 by 531blackbanshee
wow thanks for the offer of the kawasaki,that is awesome!my wife has looked at your pictures and gets excited thinking about traveling to norway.we just got are computer back from having it repaired after the ice storm.power surges knocked out the hard drive and driver.so now i can get on weekends and after work hours.i have been working on my z1r.i will post pictures in my project thread.what is the best time of year to travel to norway,you know best weather least tourist kinda deal.keep up the good work.

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0
Last edit: 29 Mar 2008 13:34 by 531blackbanshee. Reason: spelling

More
30 Mar 2008 12:50 #203109 by RoyNor
Its been a few blackouts here to, luckily enough no damages on my computers. :huh:

The best time to visit Norway if you and you wife wants to ride bike is spring to summertime, from May to August/September.
Bergen is very nice springtime. :woohoo:

Good weather is not a guaranty even at summertime in Norway, rain is almost for sure gone to pour down some days.
And if you are around the west coast then we are talking about real rain! :P

You could download Google Earth here and check out the map/photos of Bergen, is very high quality on them.

Well, back to business! ;)
I got problems with the triple tree, none of the two people ive asked will do it, the will not take the chance, as they say. One of them was a teacher at machinist school :S
I think they are afraid of do such things on a vehicle...
:angry:

So a friend of a friend of mine will have a look at it this week, he is a proper machinist I think, working with such things, so maybe.....

Otherwise I have to pay a hell lot of money to get it done, because such things are really expensive here if you don't know someone.

More
31 Mar 2008 07:34 #203240 by 531blackbanshee
i know we could have it done over here and then ship it out to you.i have a experienced machinist over here that does good quality work,that has done a few of these conversions.it is something to think about.i will help anyway i can,just let me know(chase parts or whatever).

1976 kz 900 x 3

More
31 Mar 2008 07:36 #203241 by 531blackbanshee
those pictures are making us want to visit norway so much more.it looks very beautiful.

1976 kz 900 x 3

More
31 Mar 2008 11:58 - 31 Mar 2008 12:00 #203300 by RoyNor
Hmm, that could be a idea, how much do you think the machinist will charge for the job?
I could check shipping price on it tomorrow, never knows, maybe that could be the solution?

Thanks for bringing that idea up :cheer:

Those pictures are taken on the way up to a mountain in Bergen, its 2 little wagons, funicular, going up and down on those tracks, and its a heavy angle on the tracks few places :unsure:

Here is the link to the funicular
Last edit: 31 Mar 2008 12:00 by RoyNor.

More
31 Mar 2008 12:12 #203304 by OnkelB
Very nice work, Roy, turning out great.

Btw, where did you get the Gun-Kote? I´m in Denmark and I can´t seem to find it anywhere around here.

77 KZ 650 B1, 82 GPz 1100 B2.

More
31 Mar 2008 12:16 - 31 Mar 2008 13:37 #203305 by 531blackbanshee
hey roy,i looked at those picture's of the funicular.kinda takes my breath away just lookin at the pictures.i was being a little of a smartazz about knowing a machinist.i am the machinist i have a lathe and mill and any welder you could need at my home.i'm also a certified welder.i am always happy to help any way that i can to get these old kawi's back on the road.so having said that i would be willing to help out for a favor or beer or whatever.in your case building the spacer and pressing the stem in doesn't involve that much work for me,so i would be willing to do it as a favor.with our week dollar you might check over here if you need other stuff.or i could possibly puchase something you needed and send it to you,if needed.something to think about.
ship to address to check on shipping is,
8118 e.44th.st.
tulsa,oklahoma

1976 kz 900 x 3

Last edit: 31 Mar 2008 13:37 by 531blackbanshee.

More
31 Mar 2008 14:13 #203340 by RoyNor
OnkelB wrote:

Very nice work, Roy, turning out great.

Btw, where did you get the Gun-Kote? I´m in Denmark and I can´t seem to find it anywhere around here.

Thanks! :laugh:

The easiest for you is to order from them directly, they are really nice people there, I have had some email corresponding and they are polite and quick.

Gun-Kote

More
31 Mar 2008 14:31 #203345 by RoyNor
531blackbanshee wrote:

hey roy,i looked at those picture's of the funicular.kinda takes my breath away just lookin at the pictures.i was being a little of a smartazz about knowing a machinist.i am the machinist i have a lathe and mill and any welder you could need at my home.i'm also a certified welder.i am always happy to help any way that i can to get these old kawi's back on the road.so having said that i would be willing to help out for a favor or beer or whatever.in your case building the spacer and pressing the stem in doesn't involve that much work for me,so i would be willing to do it as a favor.with our week dollar you might check over here if you need other stuff.or i could possibly puchase something you needed and send it to you,if needed.something to think about.
ship to address to check on shipping is,
8118 e.44th.st.
tulsa,oklahoma

AAHH!!!

This is nice! :laugh:

I thought I read somewhere that you was a machinist, but in the confusion I have with my ISP, and really slow download on the pages I couldn't find where I read it, so I thought I just mixed, and it was somebody else...:silly:

OK, that means that I will send it to you very soon, I need to collect the parts at the latest machinist who checked it.
I cant imagine that the shipping will be to expensive, but I know tomorrow.
I will of course send the both of them triple trees.

Thank you for offering helping me with finding parts!
I will remember that when I need something. ;)

More
20 Apr 2008 03:58 #207756 by RoyNor
AA, its lovely weather, before I go out for a walk, I will show what I have done last days, everything goes slow now, lots of other stuff to do, but things are moving right direction!

531blackbanshee is machining my Hayabusa triple tree as we speak (!) to fit the Z1000J, thanks my friend!:laugh:

Lovely weather here now, weeeeeeeee :silly:

Oki, here are some pictures, first of some old scruffy engine cover, trying to save them, just as an experiment.

Using this epoxy to remove the marks.

And after, painted with Gun-Kote.

Its hard to take picture close on gloss black, but I think I have to sandblast and epoxy this cover again, seems that the epoxy shrink a little bit because of the heat in the oven, so you can see some old marks through the paint. Only tiny, but...

Oh yes, almost forgot my engine half, only one left now to sandblast and paint. :P
(Before I do the same with the 1000R engine, only the color there will be GLOSS BLACK!).

:woohoo: