Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Wired George coil mod w/ Dyna S - Only 10.5 volts 29 Aug 2022 03:47 #873052

• TheTrout
  • User
  • Thank you received: 55
I shrink wrapped that post and wow, problem solved!  It even seems like the bike runs just a little bit better.  Went for a long ride yesterday out to Lake Lure and Chimney Rock.  Beautiful scenery and lots-o-twisties!

I kind of wonder if there was some kind of parasitic drain on the spark due to arcing to that post?  Not enough to cause 2 cylinders to drop out all of the time, but just enough to weaken spark?
1978 KZ1000B2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wired George coil mod w/ Dyna S - Only 10.5 volts 29 Aug 2022 05:42 #873055

• zed1015
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1468

I shrink wrapped that post and wow, problem solved!  It even seems like the bike runs just a little bit better.  Went for a long ride yesterday out to Lake Lure and Chimney Rock.  Beautiful scenery and lots-o-twisties!

I kind of wonder if there was some kind of parasitic drain on the spark due to arcing to that post?  Not enough to cause 2 cylinders to drop out all of the time, but just enough to weaken spark?
The bike will run better without the arcing as you won't be getting intermittent firing at the plug.
At higher rpms the arcing will cut the spark at the plugs more frequently which means less fuel burned and less power.
If it missed every other firing you would roughly lose half the power produced from the affected cylinders and also get less mpg.
AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.