Coil Mod: Why it’s Not a Recommended Solution

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
25 May 2010 18:11 #370900 by larrycavan
Look at it this way guys.

We live in a world that demands band-aids and shortcuts. If that's what gets you through the day....OK.

On the other hand we have some people who demand nothing but the best quality in everything they own or do.

So when you send your bore job out or your cylinderhead or your crankshaft..etc. etc. etc. Are you hoping the guy that does the work is in a "close enough" mind set or would you prefer they care enough to do the job as if it was their own bike ?

Why accept anything less from yourself?

Just my way of looking at it. Doesn't mean you have to agree with me :)

The topic has been locked.
More
25 May 2010 18:58 - 25 May 2010 19:02 #370914 by nads.com
larrycavan wrote:

We live in a world that demands band-aids and shortcuts. If that's what gets you through the day....OK.

On the other hand we have some people who demand nothing but the best quality in everything they own or do.

So when you send your bore job out or your cylinderhead or your crankshaft..etc. etc. etc. Are you hoping the guy that does the work is in a "close enough" mind set or would you prefer they care enough to do the job as if it was their own bike ?

Just my way of looking at it. Doesn't mean you have to agree with me :)

Hoping for close enough is not my style, for example: If I supply 12 full volts to my coils by relay I have nailed the 12v goal and have solved my problem of fouled spark plugs. That is a real world example of perfect. That is, if I used high quality wire and connectors. Someone who I can trust to treat my product where it needs it and is careful as if it was their own bike? Of course, but I would like them to be knowledgeable enough to conclude and inform me of other wiring conditions, ones that are possibly present, that can be tested for, that would be perfection. I simply can't see where a bandaid would apply to proper and complete diagnossos, including repair. :woohoo:
Last edit: 25 May 2010 19:02 by nads.com.
More
25 May 2010 20:02 - 25 May 2010 20:48 #370933 by kawsakiman
hardr0ck68 wrote:

Stop acting like a holier than thou ass-hat! I bought my kz for the grand total of $125.00 and I know I over paid. It was a wreck and a total mess, but now I turn the key and go anywhere any time. The coil mod, and advice from this board helped me do that.

There are more than one ways to skin a cat, and your un-acceptance and arrogance is truly offensive. Many people buy these old bikes because they are cheap fun, not to build and brag like you Loud Mouth Rock (LMR?).

When you showed up you did not know your ass from a hole in the ground, now you preach like you know it all... if it works for folks don't give them a hard time. You rattle canned your body work, a rattle can is the definition of half asses to many people so give it a break!

People don't come here for a sermon, we come here for help and ideas.[/quote]

god damn rocco!
let me put this in simple terms even you can understand.
YOU ARE BYPASSING A BIG PROBLEM SOMEWHERE
for christs sake, would you just listen to someone who has a degree in this for once?
you won't listen to all of us telling you your 14,000 rmp bike won't work now your picking a fight with someone who really knows what they are talking about.
just for the record.
rocco lives real close to me. i have offered him help many, many times. my help has included free parts and advice.
i,ve given him all sorts of free shit.
long term members remember him. all i got to say about that unless provected

here is the bottom line.
the coil mod is bullshit. it's a gosh darn band aid.
he was called on it by more than one member with a degree in this field and being *********** he is, he left.
golly gee, it's as dang simple as that.

if that was a issue than mother kaw would have issued a tsb on it way back then.

go defend your "coil mod god"
i use common sense.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.
Last edit: 25 May 2010 20:48 by Tony. Reason: personal attacks not permitted on KZR
More
25 May 2010 20:27 #370937 by richard head
Replied by richard head on topic Coil Mod: Why it’s Not a Recommended Solution
larrycavan wrote:

We live in a world that demands band-aids and shortcuts. If that\'s what gets you through the day....OK.

So when you send your bore job out or your cylinderhead or your crankshaft..etc. etc. etc. Are you hoping the guy that does the work is in a \"close enough\" mind set or would you prefer they care enough to do the job as if it was their own bike ?

Just my way of looking at it. Doesn\'t mean you have to agree with me :)

Now thats rich ! Band aids. Thats close enough for me.
More
25 May 2010 20:57 #370949 by Tony
Kawsakiman and everyone else,If there are going to be personal attacks or insults or name calling against ANYBODY I will lock this thread down.

Please don't even respond to my post defending your actions or I will lock it down. I know, there's 2 dick's in this thread now.

Please, just carry on in a civil manner...
More
25 May 2010 21:00 #370950 by richard head
Replied by richard head on topic Coil Mod: Why it’s Not a Recommended Solution
Tony wrote:

Kawsakiman and everyone else,If there are going to be personal attacks or insults or name calling against ANYBODY I will lock this thread down.

Please don\'t even respond to my post defending your actions or I will lock it down. I know, there\'s 2 dick\'s in this thread now.

Please, just carry on in a civil manner...

I agree as a new member. There are 2 Dicks in this thread.