BI-XENON HID CONVERSION KIT H4

More
24 Feb 2008 19:36 #196836 by CruisingRam
Replied by CruisingRam on topic BI-XENON HID CONVERSION KIT H4
bill_wilcox100 wrote:

No, I was asking what internet site you used. I used the one quoted above.

You're soooo much closer to China so that explains the lower shipping. :P

Uh, believe it or not- in a way , we are. We get like five or six direct flights a day.

1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2008 19:55 #196839 by bill_wilcox100
Replied by bill_wilcox100 on topic BI-XENON HID CONVERSION KIT H4
$80 for the kit plus shipping in the USA is great for our buds south of the boarder. :)

But, at $80 for the kit plus $40 shipping to Canada, the way I read it anyway, that brings us to $120 which is a bit rich for me. :(

Does anyone know of a Canadian dealer to get our price down? :unsure:

1977 KZ650-B1 (Stock)
Upgrades:
- Dyna S Electronic Ignition (DS2-2)
- Dyna 3 Ohm Coils (DC1-1)
- Coil Repowering Mod
- Progressive Springs Front & Rear
- Saddlemen Seat Cover
- New Metallic Red Re-Paint & Repro Badges.
Montreal, Canada

• guitargeek
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
More
24 Feb 2008 22:58 #196875 by guitargeek
Replied by guitargeek on topic BI-XENON HID CONVERSION KIT H4
I'll wait until I can get one for fifty bucks.

Oh, who am I kidding? I'll wait until I can buy one for pennies on the dollar because it's broken, and gamble that I can repair it. I'm a bottom feeder, so it's sort of my M.O.

1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

More
24 Feb 2008 23:08 #196876 by tsar
Replied by tsar on topic BI-XENON HID CONVERSION KIT H4
OBVIOUSLY BILL, YOU CANT READ OR COUNT . IT'S

$29.99 FOR THE KIT
US OR CANADIAN IT'S THE SAME THING OUR DOLLARS ARE AT PAR

$40.00 SHIPPING FROM HONG KONG TO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD

HERE'S THE SITE
cgi.ebay.com/BI-XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

TOTAL $ 70.00 USD OR CDN

I THINK THIS IS CHEAP.

THE POINT IS THAT THE KIT ON EBAY ACTUALY WORKS WE GOT 2 OF THEM PUT THEM ON OUR BIKES AND WE ARE HAPPY.

CASE CLOSED!!!

Post edited by: tsar, at: 2008/02/26 00:07

Post edited by: tsar, at: 2008/02/26 11:19

BIG MIKE
www.ironspartans.ca
Μολὼν λαβέ

Montreal,Canada

More
25 Feb 2008 04:25 #196886 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic BI-XENON HID CONVERSION KIT H4
There are a couple of things at play here. There are probably others who, like me, are leery of an eBay listing from Hong Kong for various reasons and rumors. Second, the eBay ad is telling me that the bulb physically moves fore and aft for high/low beams. That seems to be a recipe for failure a few years down the road. The last thing I want happening in my headlamp bucket are fraying wires and a short of the high voltage feeding the bulb. Otherwise I find a Xenon headlamp interesting.

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

• guitargeek
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
More
25 Feb 2008 11:01 #196933 by guitargeek
Replied by guitargeek on topic BI-XENON HID CONVERSION KIT H4
N0NB wrote:

the bulb physically moves fore and aft for high/low beams. That seems to be a recipe for failure a few years down the road. The last thing I want happening in my headlamp bucket are fraying wires and a short of the high voltage feeding the bulb. Otherwise I find a Xenon headlamp interesting.

I've seen a few different designs to render high and low beams. This one has the bulb move in and out, another one has a reflector that moves in and out, and still another one has a pair of reflectors that pop out. The thing about HID bulbs is that they don't have dual filaments like our normal H4 bulbs, so they have to physically change the focal distance of the single filament light source to the reflector in order to re-aim it to render high or low beam. It's either that or have two headlights aimed differently and just switch between them...

1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

More
25 Feb 2008 15:53 #196971 by RoyNor
Replied by RoyNor on topic BI-XENON HID CONVERSION KIT H4
I paid 12 pund for the kit, and 17 pund for the shipping, from HongKong to Norway.
And thats a total of 56 dollar today at the stock exchange.

Its the same shipping price worldwide i think.

More
25 Feb 2008 17:54 #196979 by bill_wilcox100
Replied by bill_wilcox100 on topic BI-XENON HID CONVERSION KIT H4
Well, I suppose there's a first time for everything but I've never been dis'ed on this site before and I hoped never to have to respond to it, so here goes...

Hey, tsar... there are lots of ways to get your point across but throwing attitude around doesn’t cut-it, check it at the sign-in window. I don't care if you did write them at 2:00 am, I find your remarks unprovoked and offensive to me and to others here.

I feel like I stuck out my hand and pulled back a stump!

And while you're at it, do some thing about your keyboard... the caps lock is stuck bud and if you "read" the rules on this site you'll see "no caps" and keep the comments respectful.

The good news is that this site has a mellowing effect on people. Those with 1000's of posts are all help and support. Some, with only single or double digit posts seem to be all about ego and put-downs. If you "count" your posts you can figure out which stack you fall into.

So shape up or ship out. If this becomes a pattern with you, I'll move to have you barred from this site. We can and have lived without you... you're not the only one that has ever found a better light bulb, bud.

Don't bother responding unless its an apology. I will not be drawn into a pissing contest... bystanders can't tell the difference.

Case closed!

Post edited by: bill_wilcox100, at: 2008/02/25 21:01

1977 KZ650-B1 (Stock)
Upgrades:
- Dyna S Electronic Ignition (DS2-2)
- Dyna 3 Ohm Coils (DC1-1)
- Coil Repowering Mod
- Progressive Springs Front & Rear
- Saddlemen Seat Cover
- New Metallic Red Re-Paint & Repro Badges.
Montreal, Canada

More
25 Feb 2008 20:07 #196995 by tsar
bill_wilcox100 wrote:

The good news is that this site has a mellowing effect on people. Those with 1000's of posts are all help and support. Some, with only single or double digit posts seem to be all about ego and put-downs. If you "count" your posts you can figure out which stack you fall into.

First off BILL,
Just cause a guy doesn't chime in every chance he gets , does not mean he isn't qualified to respond to the other members questions.

Second BILL!
You obviously did not read the entire thread, But added your 2 Cents anyway, with misinformation about the shipping and what kind of a kit it actualy was. If YOU had taken the time to READ THE ENTIRE THREAD you would have READ that I answered everybodys questions thoroughly and posted pics & a Diagram to help the other members, Also I posted a video on Youtube so the other members could even see the actual light in action.

Third BILL
My buddy ordered the kit from that Ebay site in Hong Kong based on what I got.Seeing as it's coming from the other side of the world ,WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE ARE GETTING. The point of my thread was "Does anyone have expierence with these kits". To return it is clearly a hassle seeing as that dude in HK is clipping everyone for $40 shipping.

And in Closing BILL
Based on my expierence, the kit is good and works great as for the shipping I thought I would let everybody know that the guy is screwing everyone who buys this kit.

bill_wilcox100 wrote:

Don't bother responding unless its an apology. I will not be drawn into a pissing contest... bystanders can't tell the difference.

With a quote like that BILL your implyng that the guys on this site are idiots. The only person that needs to apologize is the self rightous , self appointed GURU of KZR namned BILL that has THOUSANDS OF POSTS UNDER HIS BELT.

How much crappy info have you given the members over the years BILLLL!

Your buddy in Montreal
MIKE.
By the way I am a Mechanic by trade so I think I know what I'm talking about.

Post edited by: tsar, at: 2008/02/26 00:45

Post edited by: tsar, at: 2008/02/26 00:51

Post edited by: tsar, at: 2008/02/26 10:51

BIG MIKE
www.ironspartans.ca
Μολὼν λαβέ

Montreal,Canada

More
26 Feb 2008 13:51 #197126 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic BI-XENON HID CONVERSION KIT H4
Okay Bill and Mike. Both of you have had your say and it ends here. Any posts beyond the discussion of the technical merits and quality of vendors of HID lights in this thread will be deleted.

Thank you for your cooperation.

So, speaking of the HID kits, while I can spend hours poking around on websites, I'd appreciate a pointer or two to a turnkey solution for the KZ650 or any bike with a 7" round bulb. Remember, that I need to replace a sealed beam unit with a lense shell.

Thanks for the input Guitargeek. As I spend some time reading and looking at HID stuff, everything you wrote makes perfect sense.

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
27 Feb 2008 07:53 #197200 by tsar
Guitargeek Wrote:

I've seen a few different designs to render high and low beams. This one has the bulb move in and out, another one has a reflector that moves in and out, and still another one has a pair of reflectors that pop out. The thing about HID bulbs is that they don't have dual filaments like our normal H4 bulbs, so they have to physically change the focal distance of the single filament light source to the reflector in order to re-aim it to render high or low beam. It's either that or have two headlights aimed differently and just switch between them...

The HI/LO works good on the kit I got , It makes a small popping sound when you engage it , you can hear it on the video.That sound is the bulb going in and out of the casing.

Post edited by: tsar, at: 2008/02/27 10:57

BIG MIKE
www.ironspartans.ca
Μολὼν λαβέ

Montreal,Canada

More
27 Feb 2008 09:13 #197203 by otakar
Replied by otakar on topic BI-XENON HID CONVERSION KIT H4
Just so you guys know www.harborfreight.com now caries the H4HI/LOW kits now. part #96643. They are for cars, so you would get two kits for $150. ($75 each).

Post edited by: otakar, at: 2008/02/27 12:13

74 Z1-A stock
76 KZ-900 Totaly stock vice MAC pipe
77 KZ-1000A stock
78 Z1-R 100%MINT 500 original Mi.
78 Z1-R Yoshi 1103 kit stage 1 cams Yoshi pipe. Etc
79 KZ-1300 (1400)
80 KZ-1300
81 Scratch built GPz1150R
82 KZ1000