Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Any Interest In Carburetor O-ring Kits? 12 Dec 2022 12:29 #877741

• Nessism
  • Nessism's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2671

I got mine and Ness is a gentleman to deal with, at this price it's worth having a set in your "just in case" box 
I agree with Wookie, Nessism is a great person to deal with ! I bought a set a few weeks ago and I'm waiting for my choke plungers from zed 1015 another great trustworthy member to deal with !!!

Also Nessism you can quit including the fuel T/ transfer tube O-rings as zed 1015 said they aren't needed for Z1/KZ........Thanks!

I'm still learning.  

GS Suzuki VM's have a model or two that use a fuel Tee & transfer tubes that are made from cast zinc, and they take O-rings.  I've defaulted to providing all the possible O-rings in the kits, even if they are not needed.  For example, GS VM's use both fuel and air pilot screws, so all are included in the kits.  For KZ's, it's either or.  Another thing, GS BS Mikuni CV carbs use an O-ring on the choke plunger cap, but KZ BS CV's don't.  Or at least the versions I've been rebuilding don't.  That's the thing, I don't know everything, and for all I know there could be a model bike that needs them.  I'd rather provide O-rings that aren't needed, instead of missing something.  Kawasaki changed up their carbs a lot over the years, even year over year.  Suzuki didn't, so they are easier to figure out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose1800

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Nessism.

Any Interest In Carburetor O-ring Kits? 15 Apr 2023 11:36 #883190

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
Since I started selling O-rings last fall, I've sold the following number of sets...

Suzuki GS sets = 50
Kawasaki KZ sets = 12

The culture over at GSR is to rebuild the carbs fully, changing O-rings as part of the process.  Can't say this same mindset prevails here, other than, maybe, among the 900/1000 guys.
To be fair, I don't have kits for the KZ550, but that's not what's driving the huge disparity.    

Last edit: by Nessism.

Any Interest In Carburetor O-ring Kits? 15 Apr 2023 20:25 #883207

• daveo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 630
Whacha got for the RS Flatslide series?
1982 KZ1100-A2

Any Interest In Carburetor O-ring Kits? 15 Apr 2023 21:20 #883209

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member

Whacha got for the RS Flatslide series?

I've never worked on a set of those, so can't say.  I certainly can't commit to having a set for them.

Any Interest In Carburetor O-ring Kits? 12 May 2023 12:11 #884552

• Gdailey2112
  • User
  • 82 KZ1100D1
  • Thank you received: 34
How about for BS34's x 4? I really need needle & seat O rings and for the pilot mixture needles, too. Thanx
1982 KZ1100D1

Any Interest In Carburetor O-ring Kits? 12 May 2023 14:21 #884563

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member

How about for BS34's x 4? I really need needle & seat O rings and for the pilot mixture needles, too. Thanx
I have KZ flavor BS34 kits.  The kit includes O-rings for the float valve seat, pilot screws, pilot plug, and drain screw.  I also include O-rings for the choke cap and fuel transfer tubes, if your carbs use O-rings in that location.  

My email is same as my user name + @ s b c g lo b a l DOT net