Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Any Interest In Carburetor O-ring Kits? 03 Sep 2022 14:06 #873295

• Nessism
  • Nessism's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2659
I've got pretty much all the various O-rings needed to rebuild Mikuni VM and BS/CV sets, and most of the sizes for Keihin CV34s too (will complete set if anyone is interested.)

Only sizes I'm not positive about is for the VM pumper nozzles and CV pilot plug.  I think I've got the proper size, but need help confirming.  

Anyway, if you guys are interested, please drop me a PM to discuss.  I've got a post up on The GS Resources about this already.  I decided to do this because cycleorings.com is down now, and not likely to go back up.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Nessism.

Any Interest In Carburetor O-ring Kits? 03 Sep 2022 18:06 #873306

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1843
Yes!
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

Any Interest In Carburetor O-ring Kits? 03 Sep 2022 22:22 #873312

• Cfoux85
  • User
  • 1982 Kawasaki kz 750e
  • Thank you received: 4

I've got pretty much all the various O-rings needed to rebuild Mikuni VM and BS/CV sets, and most of the sizes for Keihin CV34s too (will complete set if anyone is interested.)

Only sizes I'm not positive about is for the VM pumper nozzles and CV pilot plug.  I think I've got the proper size, but need help confirming.  

Anyway, if you guys are interested, please drop me a PM to discuss.  I've got a post up on The GS Resources about this already.  I decided to do this because cycleorings.com is down now, and not likely to go back up.  
is there supposed to be an o ring thats covered by the plug that's in the float bowl? I'm not sure which jet that is 

Any Interest In Carburetor O-ring Kits? 04 Sep 2022 05:42 #873318

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member

is there supposed to be an o ring thats covered by the plug that's in the float bowl? I'm not sure which jet that is 

There is an O-ring for the pilot plug on both the CV34 and BS series of carbs.  

Any Interest In Carburetor O-ring Kits? 04 Sep 2022 14:34 #873349

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1720
Any idea what shipping to the uk would be for my 82 1000ltd. You are obviously discerning in the parts you use so I would rather buy from someone that will supply the right thing to a good quality than take a punt on the parts lottery.

Any Interest In Carburetor O-ring Kits? 05 Sep 2022 04:50 #873366

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 276
Id take  some when they are ready 
Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

Any Interest In Carburetor O-ring Kits? 05 Sep 2022 05:05 #873367

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member

Any idea what shipping to the uk would be for my 82 1000ltd. You are obviously discerning in the parts you use so I would rather buy from someone that will supply the right thing to a good quality than take a punt on the parts lottery.

I'm not an expert on international shipping, but a "letter" size envelope can be mailed for about $4 USD.  Please share if you know of a cheaper way.

Last edit: by Nessism.

Any Interest In Carburetor O-ring Kits? 05 Sep 2022 05:12 #873368

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member

Id take  some when they are ready 
CV kit?  If so, I need help measuring the pilot plug.  Use calipers and measure the OD of the plug, in the O-ring groove.  Also, the ID of the carb passage it plugs into.  The kits I've got were originally intended for Suzuki GS Mikuni's, which don't use the same type of pilot plugs as the KZ Mikuni's do.

Any Interest In Carburetor O-ring Kits? 05 Sep 2022 05:27 #873370

• Wookie58
  • Away

I'm not an expert on international shipping, but a "letter" size envelope can be mailed for about $4 USD.  Please share if you know of a cheaper way.
IF you want to PM me with an all in price I am definitely interested, do you take "Paypal" as a payment option ?

Any Interest In Carburetor O-ring Kits? 05 Sep 2022 06:06 #873372

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
Okay guys, these are the base level kits.  

Mikuni BS/CV Kits Includes

- 4 Pilot Screw O-rings
- 4 Float Valve O-rings
- 4 Choke Plunger Cap O-rings
- 12 Fuel Tee/Transfer Tube O-rings
- 4 Drain Screw O-rings
NO PILOT PLUG O-RINGS - I NEED INFO SO I CAN ORDER THE RIGHT SIZE

These kits are for the common BS32/34/36 four cylinder bike sets. I don't have experience with the 450 sets or the two barrel 2nd gen 550 carbs. Sorry.

Mikuni VM Kits Include

- 4 Pilot Fuel Screw O-rings
- 4 Pilot Air Screw O-rings
- 4 Choke Plunger Cap O-rings
- 12 Fuel Tee/Transfer Tube O-rings (I don't think KZ's use these, but they are included regardless, unless you state you don't want them)
- 4 Drain Screw O-rings
- 4 Needle Jet O-rings

All O-rings are Nitrile/Buna-N. These O-rings will swell slightly with gasoline contact, which helps improve the seal.

Cost is $20 shipped CONTUS per set. Paypal, cash in an envelop, check, all accepted. International shipping on a case by case basis. Canada is just a small adder.

Any Interest In Carburetor O-ring Kits? 05 Sep 2022 09:51 #873385

• Wookie58
  • Away
CV34 sizes I have measured are
"O" ring - ID 3.18mm OD 6.09mm
Orifice - 5.64mm
Plug groove - 3.14mm
Hope this helps
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism

Any Interest In Carburetor O-ring Kits? 05 Sep 2022 10:20 #873388

• zed1015
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1441

When i post out jets and plungers the cost overseas worldwide is £11 which is around $13 depending on the exchange rate.
That is via first class tracked and signed large letter ( 00 or 000 size jiffy ) to have proof of postage,delivery and tracking info .
I also send as a gift with a declared value under £39 or under £15 if marked commercial to avoid customs ,vat and handling charges which can sometimes cost more than the actual item.
They could be sent cheaper without the tracking and 2nd class etc for around half that but for my purposes it isn't worth the risk.
I've also found that if you try to send as a plain letter and it contains anything other than a letter /paper etc you still have to apply a CN22 customs lable and declare the value and contents etc which then puts it back in the large letter catagory and the higher shipping cost bracket.
At the end of the day the shipping cost is what it is and if you can't get the parts elsewhere it's still going to be worth it if it gets your bike running again rather that sat unridable and losing value at the back of the garage. 

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism, Wookie58

Last edit: by zed1015.