Carbs For Moronic Times

More
13 Mar 2022 03:07 #863689 by Irish Yobbo
Replied by Irish Yobbo on topic Carbs For Moronic Times
Come on guys, fuel prices are high here in Australia too. Blame the Government, President, or Prime Minister as much as you want - but the fact of the matter is that the world's second largest oil producer has effectively gone offline for most people, and that's going to raise oil prices. That's how supply and demand works.

And for the record, last time I filled up it was equivalent to $6.34USD/gal here. Granted, I'm in one of the more expensive states. Our government is garbage, but they don't control fuel prices. But every government will tell you they do when they go back down.

I think you'd need to do a lot of riding for any carb changes to pay itself off, except correct tuning, cleaning and jetting. Personally I've seen better improvements from good tyre selection and pressure than I have seen from anything else.

1981 KZ750 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: daveo, SWest, 750 R1, KZmarcel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2022 06:41 #863693 by blipco
Replied by blipco on topic Carbs For Moronic Times
Anybody remember a guy named Adolf Hitler? Well he's back. Only this time he has nukes and is threatening to use them. 
The world as we know it may soon change.. for the worse. If paying more at the pump is part of the price of crushing this Hitler wannabe I'll gladly pay it but who wants to bet the oil companies still make billions per quarter.

"Swim against the current, even a dead fish can go with the flow"-somebody (I forget Who)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nebr_Rex

• daveo
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
13 Mar 2022 06:41 - 13 Mar 2022 09:31 #863694 by daveo
Replied by daveo on topic Carbs For Moronic Times
The perps will be gone when the World Court deals with their crimes.
Until that happens the rest of us will do the best we can.
Hoping to be tuning finely later this week!

Not that I would ever-ever consider using them, me pods fit much better without those silly little nibs.

1982 KZ1100-A2

Last edit: 13 Mar 2022 09:31 by daveo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
13 Mar 2022 08:22 #863699 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Carbs For Moronic Times

daveo post=863681

blipco post=863677I'm noticing less aggressive cars on the road so it ain't all bad.
I'm remodeling my downstairs bathroom. If you want sticker shock, just check out the price of building materials. And that's if you can find what you need. 

Anyone remember the concept of AMERICA FIRST?

It wasn't that long ago to forget!

I'm not too sure you understand how the world works Dave, that nationalist, populist rubbish is the cause of most of the problems we are having now , world wide, it pits everyone against each other and NEVER results in better circumstances.   We all need to educate ourselves well, and stop voting self interested morons into government, and reign in big business the world over, everyone needs to wake up...

How about this?
To Thien Own Self be True     literarydevices.net/to-thine-own-self-be-true/
Charity begins at home 
You only get back what you put in 
and don't pee on my back and tell me it's raining. 
And that's without being political. 
Steve

The following user(s) said Thank You: daveo

• daveo
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
13 Mar 2022 09:15 - 13 Mar 2022 09:22 #863701 by daveo
Do Did you ever "ride the piss out of her it" in the rain?

Quote:  SWest

Not political, correct?

1982 KZ1100-A2

Last edit: 13 Mar 2022 09:22 by daveo.

• daveo
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
13 Mar 2022 10:00 #863705 by daveo
Ok then, back to carb tuning suggestions.

Six years ago the BS34's were stuffed in a box, so I expect some re-jetting will be needed with the recent head work and 1135 engine setup.

I have a set of 5GX28 jet needles that might help some...  

1982 KZ1100-A2

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
13 Mar 2022 10:10 - 13 Mar 2022 10:17 #863707 by SWest
Do Did you ever "ride the piss out of her it" in the rain?

Yep. 
When we left LA for the last time with all our stuff strapped to the bike in 78 it rained all 130 miles. I had a windshield like I do now so it wasn't too bad for me but the rooster tail off the rear tire kept Joanne soaked. I didn't know it until we stopped at the I10 and Indian Ave for gas. She was whimpering and told me the only time she was warm was when she peed her pants. We still had 10 miles to go to the house. When we got here it was dark and spooky. I turned on all the lights, started a fire in the wood burning stove and wrapped her up in blankets. It was the start of a new life for us so I guess I rode the piss out of both of them. 
Steve.

Last edit: 13 Mar 2022 10:17 by SWest. Reason: add pic and text
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZmarcel

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
13 Mar 2022 10:26 #863710 by SWest

Six years ago the BS34's were stuffed in a box, so I expect some re-jetting will be needed with the recent head work and 1135 engine setup.

That's quite a difference. What did the carbs come off of? CV carbs are self regulating so just a jet change might do it. 
Steve

More
13 Mar 2022 15:10 #863756 by 750 R1
Replied by 750 R1 on topic Carbs For Moronic Times

I'm noticing less aggressive cars on the road so it ain't all bad.
I'm remodeling my downstairs bathroom. If you want sticker shock, just check out the price of building materials. And that's if you can find what you need. 

Anyone remember the concept of AMERICA FIRST?

It wasn't that long ago to forget!

I'm not too sure you understand how the world works Dave, that nationalist, populist rubbish is the cause of most of the problems we are having now , world wide, it pits everyone against each other and NEVER results in better circumstances.   We all need to educate ourselves well, and stop voting self interested morons into government, and reign in big business the world over, everyone needs to wake up...
I may not know much, but I do know that this current "America Last" attitude does NOT work.  It never has and it never will.

Governments of all colours world wide have let big business push the little guys out of the market, almost completely. It wasn't that long ago that most suburbs had Mom and Pop street corner shops, we had small businesses everywhere, big business has been allowed to run these guys out of business buy either buying them up or pricing them completely out of the market, people like lower prices and help the problem, then everyone complains when we no longer have all these small businesses and have to work for peanuts for the companies that caused the problems. We all compete on a global scale these days and that's a reality, what we don't need is companies with so much money they can control government decisions and buy politicians, in my eyes its time to split up these huge,  out of control companies and give back some semblance of power to the people that built these countries. I'm pretty sure we want the same things Dave, we just have to be smart about how we go about it, people need to stick together, no matter what their political persuasion, and pressure Governments to listen to the regular folk, That's why governments love to divide their population, they're easier to control and can be fed populist bullsh1t to maintain the status quo.....   
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nebr_Rex, daveo, KZmarcel

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
More
13 Mar 2022 15:56 #863758 by hardrockminer
Replied by hardrockminer on topic Carbs For Moronic Times
The solution is in our hands.  Don't buy from Amazon or Walmart.  Buy from the specialty shops.  I long ago stopped buying clothes that were made offshore.  Here's my question...what are the labels on clothes in your closet?

I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nebr_Rex, JR, daveo, SWest, KZmarcel

• daveo
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
18 Mar 2022 10:57 - 18 Mar 2022 10:59 #863987 by daveo

That's quite a difference. What did the carbs come off of? CV carbs are self regulating so just a jet change might do it. 
Steve

The 4CG14 (16009-1107) needles came with the 1982 KZ1100D1 Spectre BS34 carbs, and 5GX28 (16009-1064) came in the 1982 KZ1100-A2 carbs on the bike that I have.

Seems the later might be the sportier needle of the two, but it would no-doubt pass more gas.

Regardless of gas cost, I've decided to not swap carbs for now, since the RS34's are way better suited for less conservative riding.

But if that changes I will definitely be following up.

1982 KZ1100-A2

Last edit: 18 Mar 2022 10:59 by daveo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

More
18 Mar 2022 14:24 #864004 by 750 R1
Replied by 750 R1 on topic Carbs For Moronic Times
The 4CG14 needle looks like the one I got with the stage 3 dynojet kit for my BS34's...