Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

CV 36 help 15 May 2021 08:30 #848476

• Peanuthead
  • Peanuthead's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
I'm refering to the snorkel that attaches to the air box. I've always referred to it as a snot box for some reason. I have an OE air filter in it now.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CV 36 help 17 May 2021 19:51 #848653

• Peanuthead
  • User
Got a little bit of time in the garage this afternoon. I fired up Rusty, let her get all nice and warm, and played with the air box a bit. Resting my hand over the snorkel the idle smoothed out and the RPMs were mostly smooth too. I tried a little bit of foam padding and that seemed to work too. So I decided to take a spin.

With the extra foam, she bogged and stalled out so I tossed them away. Test ride#2 she ran good! Got up to 45 mph and 3rd gear! I'm pretty sure she could go faster but not doing that in my neighborhood.  Rode her down to the gas station to reward her with some fresh fuel too.  I did realize that the idle is kinda low all I'm gonna fix that later. 

CV 36 help 18 May 2021 06:10 #848676

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2050
Just to be sure, you do have parts 2, 3, and 4 in the diagram? The snorkel fits snugly, does not flop up and down, and seals well against the main assembly? The carbs will be sensitive to anything out of order there.

www.partzilla.com/catalog/kawasaki/motor...a3/air-cleaner-80-a1
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

CV 36 help 18 May 2021 07:03 #848678

• Peanuthead
  • User

Just to be sure, you do have parts 2, 3, and 4 in the diagram? The snorkel fits snugly, does not flop up and down, and seals well against the main assembly? The carbs will be sensitive to anything out of order there.

www.partzilla.com/catalog/kawasaki/motor...a3/air-cleaner-80-a1
Correct.  I do not, however, have a factory seal on the filter case OR the tube on the bottom of the air box (#14).  I used some 1/4" sticky foam I had laying around on the air box.  I might remove that and try putting it on the filter case.  

Last edit: by Peanuthead.