Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Fuel Issue?? 27 Mar 2019 18:28 #801150

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2679
Junk aftermarket carb kits. Who would'a thunk?:P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fuel Issue?? 27 Mar 2019 18:32 #801151

• HNewDawnKZ550LTD
  • HNewDawnKZ550LTD's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
YES loudhvx that link is one that you gave me on like the first page, and I did read through it and most of that website! IT was VERY VERY helpful.

Nessism yea they were from Z1 Enterprises. Im not totally dissapointed in them. Other than the fuel valve mishap as above it works just fine. Just differences....maybe to fit multiple models i dont know lol.

Fuel Issue?? 27 Mar 2019 18:35 #801152

• HNewDawnKZ550LTD
  • User
Some more pictures just to show how clean I got these suckers after minimal effort and 36 years of crud lol.... They had been cleaned before just kind of basically and not often..... and yes the yellow plugs on the overflows have been removed but no pictures of it like that......Was just excitied to have it puuuring!!!

Fuel Issue?? 27 Mar 2019 23:53 #801165

• Warren3200gt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 656
Glad to hear you have got it sorted. One thing most don't realise is that often in aftermarket needles, although they look the same /similar externally, unless the internal spring strength is the same the under load working size of the needle is totally different.
Again, great news.
However, no leaks does not mean they are the correct height. If the fuel level in the bowl is too low then the engine will run lean, if too high it will run rich. You MUST do a wet test on them and adjust accordingly.

Z1000J2 somewhat modified!

Last edit: by Warren3200gt.

Fuel Issue?? 28 Mar 2019 12:31 #801181

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
BTW, they are not junk kits. The parts in them are every bit as good, if not the same, as the stock parts. I believe the jets are actual factory parts from teikei. The fuel valves are the same ones you get when you order them separate from z1.

Yes the fuel needle height is a bit different but is easily corrected.

The junk kits are the no-name version. I call them counterfeit. (Detail on the tk22 site) The jet needles are not usable, and sometimes the jets are the wrong size. They are made to look like Keyster kits , but they are not. They give the legit kits a bad name for the tk carbs, but most kits have been very high quality for the Tk22's.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scirocco

Last edit: by loudhvx.

Fuel Issue?? 28 Mar 2019 16:00 #801189

• HNewDawnKZ550LTD
  • User
AGREED loudhvx! Yes warren3200gt that is on the to do list this weekend!

A few more pictures of them installed and whatnot...…Also the fourth pic is the keyster valve and needle installed.....forgot ot take one of it compared to stock but of course as stated ina previous post there was a difference in the needle height.....

The last picture is of where the flat tang height was already set when i took the carbs apart.....according to the link loudhvx provided....it said a goo dry set height was 4.0mm well as you can see these were below....so adjust to about 40mmm and that fixed the overflowing issues....onto the fluid test!

Fuel Issue?? 29 Mar 2019 06:12 #801217

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Nice job. For the fluid test, (have to use gasoline, obviously), make sure the clear tube is of a larger diameter ID... like at least 1/4".

I use a small piece of rubber hose on the drain pipe, and just simply jam the end of it into a larger clear vinyl tube. Clear vinyl or urethane will turn yellow and crack so they are disposable, basically.

Then have a bucket or something to catch the fuel. To get the air out of the drain mechanism, you have to dump a few tube-fulls. That is, let if fill quickly, and when it gets to its level, dump it out and let it fill again. Eventually all of the air will come out.
Attachments:

Last edit: by loudhvx.

Fuel Issue?? 01 Apr 2019 15:34 #801378

• HNewDawnKZ550LTD
  • User
EXCELLENT!!! Thank you very much for all the great info!!!